I wanted to make a list of units that are really good in PoL, with builds if there are specific builds that are especially good for this gamemode. Inviting your suggestions, including units I haven’t listed and units you think should go in a different category than their current category.
NB Division 1 is not necessarily better than division 2. I just wanted to distinguish between units that are good everywhere and units that are unusually good in the unique conditions of PoL.
Division 1: Usual suspects: Units that are really good / OP in general and who aren’t any worse in PoL
- B.Ephraim (maybe not on a level with the others overall, but in this mode the healing is more valuable than in other modes)
- B.Micaiah (Yune’s Whispers better in this mode than elsewhere)
- Gunnthra, pending Chilling Seal II
A-/B+ tier? These units are maybe slightly less strong than those above and could potentially go in the list above.
- L.Ryoma, pending refine
- B.Celica (similar to B.Ephraim, but competition for infantry slots is so fierce)
- Y.Marth (maybe not on this level in the game overall, but dual effectiveness is a bit better in this mode)
- L.Chrom, mainly because lack of red bows make him hard to work with combo bonuses. Otherwise he would be top tier
- Sp Idunn?
- Sothis and W.Sothis (Sirius very good)
- H.Nowi (atk/spd/res rein prf stackable with other rein)
- Fae and Astram? (depending on whether you run into panic) Fae can stand in the back with her prf and go HP+5, sudden panic (or sabotage if you prefer), ward/goad dragons, ward dragons seal.
- L.Sigurd (extra movement doesn’t matter, but forced double is good, tankiness is good, everyone atk+6 is good barring panic)
Division II: Units that are medium-good or worse in the game overall but who are really good in PoL
- Seliph (Divine Tyrfing refine)
- M.Morgan without refine?
- NY Anna (due to base kit)
- any red bow (enables max scoring with units like L.Chrom, Jorge, Python)
- young Tikis
Division III: Units that have special potential in PoL but don’t see much use due to scoring restrictions
- WF Hinoka
- bows in general
- daggers in general
- special mention to L.Lyn who might become good depending on her remix upgrade
- infantry in general, especially sword/axe/lance
Division III: Amazingly bad
- Duo Lif
Special division: Units that are really good in a lot of modes but who are average at best in PoL
- Units dependent on solo condition in general