Complain about Arena Assault units down below

I’d like to try to make a checklist of sorts so that I can prepare with… utmost paranoia.

After some surfing through old threads, I found that dark and astra blessings actually work there, so I’d like to try making two sets of AA units to cover every single week with relative ease.

If you don’t need to complain, then just give a list of units you guys think I should try to prepare for I guess? Some tips on cheap 4* units to build would be nice, but I’ve already started working on that since the crazy SP boost during golden week.

2 Likes

Well, the obvious problems if you score high enough will be Pair Up Legendaries like Alm, Celica, Julia, Chrom, etc. If you want somewhere to start, you could start there.

Edit: Note that it’s especially the ranged ones.

5 Likes

Hahah, yeah. I was planning out some arena cores, I ended up really liking Norne and Fjorm (Steady Posture 3 + Dull ranged ftw) because of that. Thanks.

2 Likes

TA raven tomes can be useful in AA, as can breaker skills.

2 Likes

Expect to run into units right after you used their counter in another match

8 Likes

Yeah, I just use my regular builds during AA but, strictly speaking, you probably want a couple hard counters with TA/Gem weapons and breakers. It depends how many invested units and resources you have.

3 Likes

For TA ravens, I have F!Robin and Cecilia at standby. There’s also… a Merric. I’ve been… building up deflect missile as well… I hate brave bows…

Ahh, yes, the exact reason why I get so paranoid about this damn mode.

6 Likes

Make multiple teams that have a mix of player phase and enemy phase so you can deal with different kinds of teams. :thinking:
If you can, start with your weaker teams and work your way up to get to your stronger teams. If you lose early with a weaker team, there’s less lost progress than losing on the last battle. So you want to make sure you can win that last battle easily. :feh_birbpeek:

4 Likes

Also Dancer’s Veil and Naga’s Tear are very good. The last item depends on what you need :feh_nini:

5 Likes

You actually build teams, huh? Only thing I can kinda be confident about is doing multiple HnR’s on dark since I’ll be amassing a lot of offensive Elibean cavs.

Perhaps making a squad along with a legendary of a specific season would be nice. Thanks for that suggestion.

1 Like

Surtr, H!Myrrh, W!Sothis, L!Chrom. Have fun :D

With how many Arena maps have some obstacle for Cavalry, a silly suggestion of mine would be to try using your Horse Emblems as soon as you see a comfortable map if they can deal with the enemies.

2 Likes

These are just examples, but of course your teams may be different. I could probably fit a Legendary onto these teams as well if I wanted, but I haven’t needed the few points that gives. :feh_birbpeek:
(Went into AA with a random team to show this, must have accidentally used Micaiah)

4 Likes

“NOW IT’S MY TURN!”, “IT’S ALL ME!” (Hana intensifies)

Except for W!Sothis. She’s a real pain and I have no idea how to make somebody consistently beat her except for… armorsmasher + TA. Maybe Palla.

2 Likes

I’ve selected my cavalry team only to find out it’s one of those trench maps too many times to count :catroll:

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of people complain about AA, and this game mode doesn’t bother me at all

I think it’s easier to consider your units as among many pre-set team rather than make your teams on the go at last minute. :feh_myrrhthink:

The reason about that is that it keeps the balance out of your teams.
as an exemple, if you run into a team full of blue unit, you might be tempted to destroy them with greens units. But then, you’d burn out of green unit which is a bad thing.
And the balance of a team isn’t only about color, it’s also about :

• Mobility
  • Physical / Magical Bulk
  • Physical / Magical damage.
  • Dancer
  • Support and/or bonuses.

It’s also a lot easier to deal with blessings if you have preset team of corresponding blessings (you can build dark and light together, also anima and astra together, since it’s the same season).
And another bonus is… you can actually have units supporting each other if the teams are pre-set. +1or2 atk/spd/def/res might always help. :feh_edelsmug:

1 Like

I never have a problem with arena assault, I score around 752 per match and I don’t use the items because I enjoy a challenge because of that they have been maxed out for almost half a year :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Huh. Interesting point. I’ll consider team-building then, thanks!

1 Like

When I find a team of L!Lucina with Rudolf + Peony and L!Azura, I just have to take out my bike. Bummer I have to use more blessed units with him to increase the score, I could save some units for later if I blessed a couple 4* units.

1 Like

Oh, and I forgot another asset of pre-set team, synergizing. :feh_annawink:

Two exemple :

• Thrasir and Duma, Duma Upheaval guarantee Thrasir Killing Intent on all foe, if there’s no heal on enemy team.

• L!Eliwood, if you have with him three units with the same ATK (for exemple, my Silvia/Reinhardt/Fae), he will end up buffing all 3 of them with bonus doubler and ATK/DEF+6.
    Silvia/Eliwood are both red but compensate each other weakness (Res weakness for Eliwood, Def weakness for Silvia).

1 Like