Contingency Contract Season #7 [Operation Pine Soot] General Discussion

Took me way too long. I stubbornly tought i could clear this map without having to use True damage, but i was wrong.

Nalter + Kal’tsit combo.

5 Likes

Pompeii at max daily is the most annoying stall job. Used her sleep (S2) plus Iris’s (S2) to get a break from damage, Ifrit for some shred (S2), Eya (S2) for the other lane. Texas for DP and stun bomb (S2), Perfumer for global healing, Ptilopsis for the burst (S2) and SP cycling improvements.

First time posting, started playing just over a year ago. Hope the rest of the max dailies don’t involve me watching Blem stab a flaming, nigh-unkillable turd for a half hour.

10 Likes

Day3 max risk

Those risk did not prevent me to go unga bunga.
Carnelian be MVP with those range and accumulated damage.

6 Likes

Tile ban? I can’t just let Ifrit do everything like normal on this map? :ak_lappdumb:

5 Likes

Probably didn’t need 2 fast redeploys but I don’t trust Mudrock’s shields enough to let her deal with the buffed lancers alone. Executor strat still works even with the banned tiles! (Also Silverash for moral support as always…)

6 Likes

This map is as hard as i remembered it.

Turned out the simplest way was to trigger the flagbearers and deal with the enemyes with a combo of Nalter + Chalter + Surtr.

Kal’tsit instead can tank more or less (with some help) the triggered casters.

4 Likes

Shiny medal get:

The yin-yang mechanic hurts my brain. Took me a while of failing at low risk to figure out how the map works but once I knew what to do I beat R18 first try. The enemies aren’t very hard they’re just gimmicky :ak_scene:

12 Likes

Definitely could be optimized in several places. Mudrock only ended up needing to block 1 of the lancers and Asbestos managed to tank 1 round of the Sarkaz Casters before being killed by a Lancer.

4 Likes

Killed everyone else on the field before the defense crusher spawned. Possibly more fun than the Ifrit-Eyja-CTHolungday barrier of death I usually do without tile restrictions.

Nightmare was the real MVP for melting the Lancers, which makes me glad I have that S2M3. Makes the hit survivable for a blocker and just destroys a big chunk of HP.A lot of the other bodies were just strong meat to block (Mountain S2M3, Hoshiguma S2M1 which I still haven’t needed to upgrade), drop in assassins like Surtr, NTR, Eunectes, and a borrowed Phantom, and healing (Ptilopsis and Perfumer) to avoid worrying about waking up too many casters at once. Helidrop nuke as many casters as possible, keep the deployment order tight (thanks to Saga and Texas), and all praise the Cornerstone Halo: Skadi S2M3.

3 Likes

Probably could’ve made this a full 4* clear if I had Utage or Matoimaru upgraded, but since I don’t Skadi’s standing in for them

I actually ended up not needing Castle-3 weirdly enough, I just brought him along as emergency death fodder for the lancers

6 Likes

Ying and Yang mechanic…
Anyway, 3rd time in this CC#7 i win thanks to a borrowed Kal’tsit. She’s a lifesaver.

4 Likes

Good old delete buttons. :fgo_bblaugh:

5 Likes

Day4 max risk

I personally think it’s easier this time, I remember this stage being more troublesome in the last 2 CC.
First attempt with leaks, kinda tight situation in the last wave, but when the sound of mission accomplished heard, I was just like, “that’s it?”
:fgo_gilgalaugh:

6 Likes

I think I overkilled this one :ak_kaltsitlaugh:

7 Likes

Surtr S2M3 is my usual strategy for this map.

Nalter S3M3 creates a convenient shield right in front of Surtr.

Skalter for some stats buffs and Chalter used only for the last wave (since without her the last wave can overrun both Nalter and Surtr)

5 Likes

What? It’s over?

5 Likes

First run of today’s max daily, didn’t read any of the contracts and just brought a strong team. Never even deployed Ejya or If. Oops.

5 Likes

Very straightforward. There wasn’t even a 1 HP Risk so it could probably be even easier if you let somebody like the Recidivists leak through.

5 Likes

Looks like your screenshot didn’t upload properly.

2 Likes

Thanks for catching that!

I guess I’m obviously new to the forum.

And the team I brought when I’d read the contracts:

5 Likes