Copypasta (do not read, 3H spoilers)

To be fair, you need to have a high IQ to really understand Edelgard. Her personality is extremely nuanced, and without a solid grasp on political ideologies most of her ambitions will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Edelgard’s reasons for starting the war, which are deftly woven into her characterisation and even more so explained in her heart-breaking backstory - her philosophy draws heavily from Rudyard Kipling’s literature, for instance. The true gamers understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of her character, to realise that it’s not only black and white - it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Edelgard truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the reference in Edelgard’s existential phrase: “Must you continue to reconquer?,” which itself is a cryptic callback to Maeda’s Japanese epic Fates and Awakening. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those idiotic Dimitri stans hurting themselves in confusion as Yuki Ikeno’s genius wit unfolds itself on their Switch screens. What idiots… I bet they didn’t even play BEE. :joy:

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Edelgard roleplay account. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for true Edie appreciatiors only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

(Origionally posted by u/aisekkedancc on r/shitpostemblem)

14 Likes

It’s funny because this actually happens with Edelgard

6 Likes

well when you say “don’t read”, i’m going to read

14 Likes

low-key that was the intention

3 Likes

@Eflakis:

13 Likes

I know i’m just such a rebel

5 Likes

look at me, I’m a 16 year old Eldegard fanboi

12 Likes

Really? cool

2 Likes

anyone: does anything
lain:
949 - Edited

17 Likes

He tries, I’ll give him that.

1 Like

this is why El fans can’t be taken seriously

9 Likes

The other side of the spectrum is just as bad.

I’m sorry, but if you call Edelgard “homophobic” you just don’t know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Lmfao do people say that? El herself is gay for Byleth

9 Likes

Wtf did I just read

Where am I

14 Likes

Nobody ■■■■■■■ does that lol

16 Likes

Yes they do, as well as several other unspeakable things.

“Female protagonists shouldn’t exist, women don’t belong in wars.”

1 Like

i was so confused for a minute there because i’ve never once heard someone call her that

4 Likes

Well I don’t like her or hate her, but why does she have leias hair with ram horns?

1 Like

Why don’t you? :thinking:

5 Likes

No idea my dude.

1 Like