CQ Magazine

Welcome to Chaldea Quarterly, the dapper and dandy gent’s guide to the best dressed men in Chaldea. In our first edition, we’ll be looking at six Servants with a dashing sense of style we all can learn from.

First up, we have the Emperor of Effortless Elegance, Napoleon!

Summary

For a more formal setting, Napoleon dons this handsome coat, with gold epaulets and trimming, contrasted by a red vest and striking red sash. The white lining and cravat give an elevated sense of formal elegance, and the white medal that special touch. Napoleon chooses white pants to both contrast the darker shades of his jacket and boots, as well as match the white elements of his ensemble. The gold decals on his pants add a special pop as well.

To really take up space in the room, both literally and figuratively, during an important occasion, Napoleon knows that sometimes a hat can be just the thing. Donning this impressively oversized bicorn hat, Napoleon makes certain he’s instantly noticed. He also adds a red shawl with just a hint of wear to keep his overall look from becoming too stiff.

However, Napoleon also recognizes that sometimes a hint of casual flair is just what’s needed for the moment, and he isn’t afraid to ditch the cravat and show a little skin. When flashing your perfect bod, it’s important to recognize that sometimes less is more, and by balancing the right amount of clothes to cleavage, you keep your audience wanting more. :fgo_illya:

Next, we have Professor James Moriarty, the Napoleon of Fashion. The only crime here is that his exceptionally dapper style can be hard for the average man to achieve!

Summary

Moriarty favors a timeless gentleman’s style, with a sharp burgundy vest and blood red cravat for a pop of color. A crisp white dress shirt is always in style, and Moriarty adds a casual touch by rolling back the sleeves just the right amount. Special mention must go to his cape, with a catching pop of blue and butterfly motif that is sure to make an impression.

Of course, Moriarty knows that a good suit is always in fashion, and he’s ready to add that extra bit of dignified grace with this handsome matching suit jacket, favoring a longer cut that works for both outerwear and indoor occasions. Moriarty also knows that glasses can be a powerful fashion accessory, and he favors a simple but sharp pair of black, square-framed glasses.

Of course, even when he lets his hair down (quite literally), Moriarty knows that’s no excuse not to maintain a top-notch sense of style. Favoring a more muted but no less elegant black and grey palette, Moriarty retains his trademark vest and dress shirt style, carefully rolling his sleeves back to the elbows for a crisp but relaxed look. The gold accents and the blue tie and sash add a splash of color that brings the ensemble together perfectly.

Following on Napoleon’s more modern sensibilities, we move back to an earlier gent’s style with Shakespeare, who’s wardrobe is as inspired as his prose!

Summary

Shakespeare’s more casual garb gravitates towards earthen colors, with hues of green and brown making up most of the palette in this suit and cape combo. But while these colors can fit any style, they can be a bit drab, and Shakespeare is well aware of this, adding a dash of orange with his cravat for a bit of character. He makes sure to tie this color theming to his mask during Mardi Gras. Truly inspired!

When it comes to formal attire, however, Shakespeare knows that black is best, and he shows it with this sweeping black cloak and hat, fitted with sharp gold lining and fittings and accents of blood red on his high collar and cravat for a truly memorable evening ensemble.

Back to more modern men’s sensibilities, we have Waver Velvet (ie, Zhuge Liang), Lord El-Melloi II and Lord of the Fitted Suit.

Summary

Waver is often a CQ favorite, as his style is much more straightforward and accessible to our readers. His favored ensemble of black suit and shirt is timelessly elegant and always sure to be in style. Like Moriarty, he also knows the power of a sharp set of glasses, and he uses his to tie together the overall look. And also like many of our other gents, he knows how effective a splash of color can be to an otherwise muted color scheme, and his fiery red tie catches the eye in all the right ways.

Of course, like any man of style, Waver knows that a suit doesn’t have to be stifling. By trading in a button down and tie for an undershirt, Waver effortlessly maintains a sharp look while still giving a more breathable and relaxed style. Though he trades out the red tie, he trades in a striking red overcoat and yellow scarf that says he’s not afraid of bold choices.

From Waver’s “better in black,” we flip the script with Ryouma Sakomoto, who knows white can sometimes be right for your wardrobe.

Summary

Ryouma shows us that the simple approach is no less stylish. Donning this white jacket and pants combo, Ryouma keeps things crisp and clean. The white gloves and white fedora complete the stark white aesthetic, but as always, Ryouma knows how to utilize a hint of accent color and adds just the right hint of royal blue with his cuffs and hat trimming.

And last, but certainly not least, we have Sherlock Holmes, who has solved the mysteries of fashion like any other case.

Summary

Holmes favors a simple but timeless style of white dress shirt with black vest and pants. The gold bodice with attached magnifying glasses makes for a risky but eyecatching choice of accessory.

For the gentleman on the go, Holmes masters outerwear with this simple but striking black overcoat with a unique stitching and ethereal blue glow that ascends it beyond your usual outerwear.

Thank you for reading this first addition of Chaldea Quarterly! Do you agree with our choices? Do you think there’s any we missed out on? We appreciate all your feedback!

33 Likes

What a cute thread! Love it.

7 Likes

:rofl: nice!

2 Likes

:fgo_gudako:

2 Likes

I don’t see Hans anywhere /s

Neat seeing attention to detail like this.

2 Likes

Napoleon definitely the right choice :e7_smugbell:

That’s how you make the perfect cleavage shot :feh_ceciliamug:

4 Likes

Going from the title alone, I expected a columnist version of a CQ Guide or sorts. However, I am not only not disappointed but rather glad It turned out to be another wholesome topic.

The fashionable descriptions are nicely detailed with the choicest of wording/vocabulary. I am now eager to read more of these. Keep it up! :fgo_moriartysmile:

6 Likes

Noted. :fgo_gudako:

Salieri deserves a mention as well.

8 Likes

Ryouma is so stylish, that hat adds a lot to his personality. Perfect excuse for being a welfare, you don’t need multiple ascensions when you look that good.

6 Likes

This is a real culture post.

6 Likes

Salieri definitely earns a spot in a future edition. Bonus points for having two completely different sprites and a 2nd Ascension that switches back and forth based on attack animation.

5 Likes

You got that right :fgo_ereshwoah:

Less whyfoo posting and more praises to the husbandos :e7_smugbell:

7 Likes

Arjuna I will say is pretty sharply dressed.
Paracelsus I think is worthy

1 Like

These are both true.

5 Likes

A great magazine, i will be waiting the next number

2 Likes

Not to detract from the thread too much, but the way this is setup reminds me of RINGOEN’s Men’s Mirage Doujin

4 Likes

Oh? We can request gents now?

Nothing beats a combat chemist in a lab coat :nerd_face:

You can also do a kimono edition for kojirou, yagyu, et al

7 Likes

Caesar is my controversial pick for this (1st ascension) toga + military jacket is kinda cool. but it doesn’t flatter his body shape

3 Likes

much dandiness. super blinding. wet floors everywhere.

6 Likes

Interesting idea. I went for Western styles, but I could definitely go with an Eastern style edition.

3 Likes