Deadeye + Spendthrift

Is this really against the purpose of Deadeye, or am I supposed to find ways around this? I thought of SS, QR or even things like Infantry Breath.

There’s also Time’s Pulse + QR/Infantry Breath.

1 Like

Blucina, Time’s Pulse, and other skills like Heavy Blade help. Special Spiral’s a waste since it gets cancelled out by Spendthrift.

4 Likes

Are you sure it gets cancelled? The +2 doesn’t go over the max cooldown, and I assumed SS would bring it down to 1. Has anyone played with this interaction?

They occur at the same time, so they just cancel each other out.

1 Like

Depending on who you use it on, Special Fighter could be a good option; though there aren’t very many fast Armored Bow units. W!Felix is the only one I can think of.

1 Like

Special Spiral and Special Fighter are 2 completely different skills

Really? I had no idea. Is that why I emphasized Fighter to indicate that I was talking about that specific skill while specifying that it would be more niche since fast armors are harder to come by?

2 Likes

But it doesn’t even have to be Special Fighter, any of the Fighter Skills that gives special charge does the same job in procing Deadeye with Spendthrift Bow. @SafCar mentioned that Special Spiral is a waste with Spendthrift because they don’t work well together.

No shit. That’s why I listed Special Fighter as a potential alternative depending on who Pizzaguy wants to use Deadeye and Spendthrift on. And I listed Fighter because it’s the most versatile of the Special-based Fighter abilities for the most rounded use. Bold Fighter wouldn’t work if the target can’t hit back, meaning that Vengeful Fighter would be the best alternative to SF, though is more specialized.

2 Likes

Bold Fighter wouldn’t work if the target can’t hit back

Well I mean Special Fighter has that same problem also so not sure why it’d be worth mentioning that. Special Fighter is mostly only good on Fast Armors which like you said aren’t all that common especially Bow Armors, unless you are running an EP build with QR3 seal. While Special Spiral is pretty much good on any Inf unit (or Armor unit if you don’t care about losing a Fighter Skill). The point is tho, bring up Special Fighter when they where talking about Special Spiral’s bad usage with Spendthrift Bow is kinda pointless since people already mention that in-combat Special charges are pretty much your only good chance to even activate Deadeye with Spendthrift constantly

Because Bold Fighter’s charge is useless on EP whereas SF still has its effect, even if it does get reset at the end of the turn and it still applies the Guard effect in turn.

Hence, why I said from the beginning that it would depend who he uses it on.

No, the point - as I have already reiterated and you glossed over - is that I offered it as an alternative to Special Spiral depending on who OP is using the Spendthrift/Deadeye combination on. Their words, and I quote:

I thought of SS, QR or even things like Infantry Breath.

They were discussing why SS wouldn’t work, and I offered a potential alternative and mentioned the caveats to the suggestion.

2 Likes

I thought of SS, QR or even things like Infantry Breath.

They were discussing why SS wouldn’t work, and I offered a potential alternative and mentioned the caveats to the suggestion.

Seeing that they mentioned Infantry Breath, I’m sure they are planning to use it on an Infantry unit… I mean its only common sense

midoriko_reliable_chemist

3 Likes

Yah I kinda figured as much it’d be the og user of Spendthrift Bow to begin with

The addition of the work “like” means “items in the same vein as the effect of.” CD reduction skills.

But they still mentioned Infantry Breath… which it’s effect is exclusive to well Infantry units

See, now more concrete ideas can be had instead of working under the assumption of “any unspecified bow user.”

1 Like

But the effect of CD Reduction - again, implied by “like” - is not.

Well I mean, if you’d seen their post about obtaining her you’d understand that they wanted her because she’s adorable… which is the main reason why I brought up that the fact about bringing up SpFighter was pointless

You assume I spend that much time here. I’m here for maybe an hour or two on-and-off a day, tops, mostly during the late hours, and I don’t go scrolling through every topic.