Dealing with bad banes

How do you deal with crappy banes?

A lot of people always ask if a unit is usable despite having a bad bane, and I used to do the same as well. Right now I feel it’s a waste of orbs to patch up banes unless I’m interested in fully merge the unit. I found myself having a bunch of +1 units to fix banes and now I barely use them.

And let’s be honest, some units are still pretty good even with bad banes - for example I managed to pull an Igrene on her banner and she’s -ATK but she still slays everything on her path. And I honestly don’t care about pulling another one just to fix that, even though I like using her a lot. I also used a lot my -ATK Myrrh and I was fine with that (though I got a pitybreaker merge now).

How do you deal with bad banes? Seals, buffs or merges? Do you even care?

I feel like building bad banes units is quite…interesting and challenging, especially if they have weird boons as well.

9 Likes

Slap a seal and call it a day

10 Likes

Depends on the unit and the bane for me. If it’s a Spd bane on an offensive unit… I’ll probably look to work around it or get another copy somehow. If it’s an Atk bane though, I can let that slide, since 3 less damage isn’t too big a difference if you’ve got Specials to go with it.

2 Likes

you curl up into a corner and cry
Sometimes, skills and seals will help. Sometimes, depending on the unit, you don’t need to fix it. (Especially units that are stupid powerful)
Anyways, if you change the build to adapt, the unit might not be that efficient. If you REALLY like the unit and/or spent a lot of orbs, you should attempt to fix the bane while trying to keep the build efficient. If it was some random pity breaker that you don’t really care about, have them curl up in your barracks awaiting fodder.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t even bother investing much in units unless I plan to max merge them (or at least do a few merges). If I’m pulling a single copy it’s usually for fodder.

But banes aren’t as bad as players make them out to be. They see the red stat and not the final number, which is the important thing. Tons of banes are very usable.

5 Likes

The one bane I get that I get absolutely furious to deal with is -Atk. Nothing makes me madder than seeing them leaving an enemy alive with 2-3 HP and knowing if they just didn’t have an Atk bane, they could have killed that enemy.

But how do I personally deal with bad banes? It just depends on the unit. If I absolutely love them, I’ll keep spending and get them a +1 or even +2 merge. If I’m just kinda like them, I’ll make the bane work. If Im neutral or if I straight-up don’t like them, I let them gather dust in my barracks until I have a merge available for them in the future.

11 Likes

14 Likes

It depends. Most of the time it’s alright. I mean, my Hilda was most of the time -Atk +Def and she still was destroying everything in her path. Then I got another Hilda to fix her bane and she is even more good now.

But I also have a -Atk +Res Legendary Marth, and his Atk bane is really a pain. He only has 47 Atk and I find his power quite underwhelming. His quite low Atk also makes quite difficult to build a strategy using him with L!Eliwood to stack overkilling bonuses :feh_elisad:

1 Like

I completely agree. Right now whenever I get a bad bane I just look at the stats, a lot of times they’re still pretty workable. Especially if you consider buffs and whatever. I mean I just got a -SPD Mareeta but does it even matter if her speed is still 39 and she’s definitely going to get buffs?

And yeah I honestly stopped caring about banes too much unless I want to merge the unit. I guess you still have to see how the unit performs before deciding whether the bane is crap or not.

4 Likes

It’s unfortunate, but usually not that big of a deal (at least for me).

Unless it’s like a -Atk Altina or something :feh_notlikethis:

5 Likes

Same

I don’t ■■■■ with -ATK at all

5 Likes

The -ATK curse is so annoying, though I think it’s not that bad.

Well yeah if one doesn’t care/like the unit it’s useless to build it. But I guess the same goes for good units with good stats - if I don’t care about it what’s the point? (Looking at you, Ophelia in my barracks).
I was more curious to know what people do with units they like that also have bad banes, especially if they don’t plan on max merging/are broke on orbs lol.

2 Likes

I don’t get it.

Sacred seals don’t fix banes.

Why do people think that

5 Likes

Bench them until I get another copy with better IVs or to merge.

1 Like

I get a bad bane, I accept it and move on(Or fodder them/AA bench).
Spending extra for another copy to fix a bane is honestly a waste even if I do like the characters unless I want to take them to +10.

3 Likes

Tbh same. I mean I know a lot of people do that but I’m not gonna waste my resources on stupid Squad Ace A.

1 Like

I see what you mean. I have a +Atk Ophelia that I’ve had for months but I refuse to touch her because the AR meta ruined her for me

1 Like

I know right? No matter what seal you slap on My Chemical Romance, they’re not getting back together

4 Likes

Idgaf about banes, if I get the unit I was pulling for I use it lol

2 Likes

I did that to myself.

1 Like