Death From Above Raining Havoc Below

So, I’ve seen people make teams with units of the same type. I’m somewhat new to the game and don’t understand the viability of this tactic??

Any feedback on that would be appreciated, I was also wandering if anyone could help me build a flier team (assuming I decide it’s a thing I actually decide to persue)…

1 Like

@AniCre001
@BB-of-Sacae
And how could I forget the beautiful @Rin :feh_nino:
can one of y’all subcategorize this please :feh_birbpeek:

5 Likes

For a flier emblem I’d recommend getting a lot of Hones/Fortifies/Goads/Wards as the C skills
Also positional movement assists like Reposition or Draw Back are best to capitolize on flier movement

4 Likes

Sorry I forgot subcategories… it’s my first post and I overlooked it sorry. Think I fixed it …

2 Likes

9 Likes

So I should probably include Camilla then…
Which movement type works best for fliers anways? What is the actual benefit of having an all flier team or any team of all one type? Sorry for all the questions. I’m still trying to figure things out.

1 Like

It’s ok Rin
I still remember you

3 Likes

:feh_berniebulli: I’m sorry Rin forgive meeee

@Rin

2 Likes

While it originally started only because of the movement based hones and wards giving a double +6 to two stats, with the rise of easier, more consistant buffs and better C skills being available, it is now mostly do to player preferance. Skills such as Hone Cavalry giving +6 atk/spd to other cavalry allys that started the turn next to the unit used to be insanely strong and popular, as the best buff you could get at the time was a +4 or +3 to one or two stats. This made flier and cavalry teams specifically very strong options that dominated the meta.
However as time has gone on, more consistant ways to buff allys have been released, even to go as far as having a unit able to give +7 to all stats to any ally. This has made the reason for using movement based teamed no longer one of meta viability, but now just player preferance. Some people like the versitile mobility of fliers, some like the increased range of cavalry, some like the extra stats givin to armors, But I personally prefer to stick to the wide range of skills availible to Infantry.

3 Likes

No amount of :feh_nino:'s can save you from your fate

Though I did laugh at the Edit

2 Likes

Camilla isn’t a bad choice at all for a flier team, but isn’t strictly necessary

Fliers can work with most movement types well, and generally are supportive movement-enhancing units to help other units over terrain like forests, mountains, water, and trenches.

Alternatively, they are quite good in a hit-and-run playstyle where units engage in one or two combats per phase and use their mobility to retreat out of enemy range.

All-Flier teams are generally better on maps with terrain that limits movement, as they can abuse their mobility to evade and attack the other team with smaller repercussions.

Mixed teams generally use the flier as either a movement support/mobile attacker, or both. They help circumvent some issues the other movement types have while compensating with general strength

2 Likes

:feh_nino:

3 Likes

:feh_berniebulli:
I must vanish to safety

3 Likes

thats why you get the cookies
:cookie:

3 Likes

yaaaay

3 Likes

D:

2 Likes
And for what you did, only the harshest fate awaits

You did your best to right the situation, I appreciate that. so here is some ice cream
:ice_cream:

2 Likes

:feh_berniebulli: this punishment is so yummy thank you I mean nooooooooo

2 Likes

Okay, back to drawing. I monitor my notifs so if anyone needs anything feel free to @Rin.
:black_nib::art: :hearts:

4 Likes

@Rin
Hi

4 Likes