Dimitri +Atk or +Speed for merge?

I plan to merge my Dimitri and have him at +Atk and +Spd. He has respectable Atk and his prf allows him to double at certain conditions. However looking at his speed, though not great, is buildable when merged (36). With appropriate seals like brazen atk/spd or darting blow he could reach 40speed before allies buffs.

1 Like

Hi, welcome to GP! :feh_nino:
So, I think it depends on what build you want for him/how much you want to invest into him. +Atk would be the safest choice, I think, but he can reach good levels of speed with enough investment, too.

Mine is… a bit heavily invested (with what I can give him for now), but even without a speedy build and a spd boon, he hits 36 spd, 42 with buffs.
Edit: Did you mean +1 merge or +10 merge? Sorry, should’ve asked for clarification before answering.

2 Likes

While I can’t say this out of experience, I will say that +Atk is not a necessity for him. He’s already got a very high amount, and +Spd can be useful, if only for denying follow ups from foes. @Sir_of_Coffee might be able to back me up here. :eyes:

Ah, and welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

Hi fellow Dimitri-fan XD
Thanks for your inout! Your Dimitri is great!! Btw who did you fodder the Fury 4 from?? O.O
… Hopefully it’s not from F!Byleth? (Noo :joy:)

Haha, I meant full merge at +10 he reaches 33 base speed. I know that +Atk is the safest and seem most obvious choice though I see some +Spd Edelgards (at +10 she has 34 spd) also B!Micaiahs and thought if I should consider him +Spd too… :thinking:

1 Like

Personally I love spd since it fastly improves survivability.
But
Brazen and darting are not the skills for him.
He’ll want spd/def or atk/spd solo for that high hp, juicy mixed phase spd.

Since remember, he uses speed for survival but not to double.

Atk is the easier one. I wouldn’t go Galeforce with it, but for a more duelist/murdery kind it can work fine with his base deathblow or a bond. Aether builds are also nice for +atk.

3 Likes

Ahh thank you! I was very surprised by how well he performs, considering I don’t use melee cavalry often, but I’m proud of him! :feh_dimitrismug:

Noo, I love F!Byleth! :laughing: I just had a random Greil lying around, don’t even remember where I got him. Wish I had F!Byleth to ally support her with my Dimitri, but pulling on red is scary. :feh_bylethblush:

1 Like

…I’d love another Greil.
Mine is +spd and it’s sad.

1 Like

I see… Then what about Atk/Spd push4 and c slot is savage blow? That way he could ensure doubles more often for several enemies…?

So umm, if you could pick, +spd is your choice?

I think he can definitely work well with a +spd IV, I’ll probably go for it too when I get more merges.
+atk wouldn’t work too well for the build I currently have since you want your target to survive the first hit when using galeforce. Works great for other builds, though.
+spd is more versatile and increases his survivability, so I’m leaning towards that, even if his speed isn’t naturally that high.

1 Like

Hi! I see! Yes his atk is very high already… That’s why I was hesitating which boon to choose for his merge. Thanks for the welcome :)

2 Likes

Oh atk/spd push!

Yeah that can work. It won’t last forever but it really works great with his weapon.
I’d go with this then as build:

Atk/spd bond or spd/def 2 are also good seals

2 Likes

Ah I wish I have another Greil… For Dimitri. Then give C slot savage blow to him.
Atk/Spd push 4 is great for him but I don’t know if I’m gonna ever have the heart to fodder off Camilla…

My last and only Greil I gave Fury 4 to HotSpr!Elise, because since she is -HP/+Spd after one hit to an enemy, with Fury 4 her desperation3 triggers. Then she could have fun finishing off the other enemies.

2 Likes

Yup this build is good, or A skill Fury 3/4, like TeaTime’s.
I’m leaning towards +Spd now, but one thing that’s still bugging me is that my Hríd is +Atk with 64 atk and he’s fine triggering Galeforce. He mostly can’t one shot units unless they’re kind of frail.
HrĂ­d is a different case with Dimitri though, since his speed is not buildable.

So… doesn’t that mean Dimitri 62 atk (boon) is also actually great…? :thinking:

2 Likes

Wish I had an atk boon Dimitri to confirm it, but yeah, he’s very likely to be great with +atk as well. Remember that he has 62 atk without the A slot, though, if you add an A slot and maybe some buffs/dragonflowers, he can easily surpass 70 atk (which can also be amazing for nuke builds).

1 Like

Yup you’re right, 70 atk is kind of over and he could one-shot units instead. I just read a thread about Edelgard being too powerful and couldn’t proc Galeforce so… I guess +Spd Dimitri merged is better.

1 Like

Dimitri Doesn’t really need Spd tho since his Lance already allows him to double and a +Spd isn’t helping him stop Follow-up Attacks unless you really invest into Speed… I would just go for Atk and put HB seal on him because on PP as long as the requirements are met and he doesn’t kill on first hit he activates Galeforce… the only reason Edelgard is so powerful and barely activates Galeforce is mainly do to how much more power she brings in that her forced follow-up is far easier to pull off over Dimitri’s and the fact that if you give her a skill that charges her special faster you end up losing charges since Galeforce would be a 4 charge special since her axe has a Slaying effect on it… Breath skills are EP and Edelgard is honestly more PP especially if running Galeforce, and HB she loses charges since you don’t gain the increased charge from enemy hits

Hmm… Dimitri when merged +10 with speed boon has 36 speed. With fury3 he reaches 39. With allies buff he can get 45 and that is good enough to stop follow up from most enemies.
+Atk is a great boon too for him but could lead to some troubles to proc Galeforce.

1 Like

Most melee ranged enemies especially at full merge has more than enough Def bulk to tank a hit from a +Atk +10 Dimitri unless they are a red or pretty much every dancer aside from a Green TA Dancer unit or Dancer Burkut (the boi has 78 Def bulk at base +0 neutral) then the only unit that can probably survive is Arden… of course if you keep his base A skill maybe not and especially if he has Atk buff’s since with the Atk buff he reaches 69(70 Atk with +7) making it 77/78 Atk with his DD4 so any blue/Colorless unit with 81/82 (this is accounting his lull skill) Def bulk lives from his first attack most Colorless probably can’t reach that high of Def bulk but they are all mostly Bow/Daggers to begin with anyways, but a good portion of Melee Blues can reach that especially once +10 sure some don’t but the majority do, the only foes that he would have a hard time getting Galeforce from are Red’s since most already have low pretty low Def added onto his TA against them

1 Like

Hmm… :thinking:
I get your point and that is why I’m not really set on +Speed yet but leaning towards it (as of now).
Basically my goal is to make him able to proc Galeforce for most enemies but his Speed is quite interesting since it’s buildable. And when reach 45, aside from his prf, he may double naturally (speed check).
I saw several of +Speed Edelgards in the top AR ranks and thought of why, and maybe it was because to make her more reliably proc Galeforce.
Also saw some +Speed B!Micaiahs but I’m not really sure that’s best boon for her since her prf is meant for OHKO.