Directory / Index for Information

Hi everyone, another episode of resource-providing. This time I’ve decided I want to make a list of stuff that I think is worth noting as reference materials or as stuff that people can refer back to. For example, over the past few weeks we’ve had a handful of questions about building merged Nowi so I thought I would just make some way people could refer back to a relatively detailed write that I did some time ago.

Do note that some of the information may be out of date, but for anyone who’s starting to look into a topic, the information is probably helpful, and I think we can reduce a little bit the number of threads (ex: which ask about stuff like bold fighter vs Great Flame). Also, some threads are listed in multiple sections because they are probably relevant to people with different questions.

Suggestions for additions are welcome, and I will add more subcategories as this post expands.

If you're new to the game

(Last updated: 5 Sept 2019)
Welcome to the game.

• You might want to read this post I wrote on what to do in the game itself. How to start out In retrospect it’s a bit overdetailed, for which I apologize. And some of the information is out of date (ex: CYL1 free pick with B.Lyn and B.Ike is no longer available, I don’t mention the free 5*s from Heroes’ Path or CYL3 free pick, etc.) but the bulk of the information is still applicable (maybe timeless, in fact), and I made a simplification if you skip about 50 posts down.
  • There are a number of other “new player here” threads that you can check out by using the search function.
  • I suggest reading the game mechanics section of this directory and making yourself aware of what’s in the “external resources” section. After these you can go to the “info for summoning” section, but I don’t suggest starting there; it’s not written for beginners. When starting out, better to make a thread and get fresh answers from players here. The rest of the directory you can look through bit by bit later.
  • f2p-friendly units, and then I coach the OP on unit building: What are some good, basic F2P units to build?
If you've played very casually for a while and are looking to play a bit more seriously

This section of the directory is relatively new. In general I think you could begin by reading some of the other sections to improve your understanding of what’s strong, how to navigate the meta, and how to use your resources well. Make note that AR is generally considered the most difficult mode in the game, such that developing proficiency in it may require some time.

• Three lists: units to keep one copy of, some units good at low merges, and some units good in assault modes Casual Player, Looking to be More Competitive posted Aug 25, 2019, it functions similarly to an abbreviated tier list that puts a lot of emphasis on required investment (ex: all units in the last two lists are available at 4*; some units in the assault mode list are functional at 4*+0)
  • seals to upgrade for arena and AR (dated Sept 15, 2019 and will go slightly out of date somewhat quickly) My AR defense is terrible
  • f2p-friendly units (followed by some coaching on unit building) What are some good, basic F2P units to build?
Commonly used external resources such as simulators
On game mechanics - covers some FAQs
FAQs that aren't about rules of the game
Info for summoning
AR strategy*
Unit guides*
Other matters of strategy
about 4*+10
Miscellaneous

*More susceptible to obsoletion than other material. These guides are written according to units, skills, and seals that exist at the time of writing.

@Impulse pin please

26 Likes

This should prove very useful to the community. Good post to pin.

7 Likes

There’s so much good stuff on here. Thanks for the shout-out, and for compiling everything into one post!

For some reason I can’t edit right now.
GP FEH Discord

3 Likes

Hmmm
Just reread a lot of these
Very useful. :hridexcited:
Thanks, @Seeker!

4 Likes