Hi everyone, another episode of resource-providing. This time I’ve decided I want to make a list of stuff that I think is worth noting as reference materials or as stuff that people can refer back to. For example, over the past few weeks we’ve had a handful of questions about building merged Nowi so I thought I would just make some way people could refer back to a relatively detailed write that I did some time ago.
Do note that some of the information may be out of date, but for anyone who’s starting to look into a topic, the information is probably helpful, and I think we can reduce a little bit the number of threads (ex: which ask about stuff like bold fighter vs Great Flame). Suggestions for additions are welcome, and I will add more subcategories as this post expands.
Commonly used external resources such as simulators
On game mechanics - covers some FAQs
- Forced doubles and undoubles: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/how-works-siegmund-windsweep
- Which stat boosts stack and which do not? https://community.gamepress.gg/t/bonus-interactions/
Info for summoning
- Official GP guide to summoning probabilities https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/know-odds-general-probability-analysis-fire-emblem-heroes
- Check before summoning for fodder that has been in the game for at least several months: list of abilities likely to appear on GHB/TT units or as seals in the next few months https://community.gamepress.gg/t/seekers-seals-and-grail-fodder-watchlist-last-updated-june-13/
- Seeker gets ticked over the pitybreak myth again [placeholder for a more permanent guide I plan to write] For a unit, is it best to Orb Snipe or Full Summon?
- Estimated average number of orbs per 5* on 8% vs 5%+3% https://community.gamepress.gg/t/some-numbers-crunched-8-vs-5-3/
- [Extremely long] How to calculate summoning probabilities in detail https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/hey-seeker-i-have-some-summoning-math-questions
- High-ranking non-5*-exclusive candidates for defense https://community.gamepress.gg/t/brainstorming-on-budget-ar-defense-units/
- Tips for AR defense, including my explanation of two things every defense needs What Defines a “Good” AR Defense?
- Examples of galeforce play from My_Dude https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsYB5_Nx1vL3o54PxaI8uvQ/videos
- DRAAAAAVEN’s tier list, initially posted 14 June 2019 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/ar-tier-list/ (obviously, we’ll never all agree on every detail, but it’s definitely useful to some degree)
- Theoretical attempt to tank an infantry pulse team full of 4CDs using sheer def, res, and instant noontime. From before the release of B.Fjorm and pulse smoke. https://community.gamepress.gg/t/getting-a-unit-to-70-def-res/
- Guide to Bridal Belonging Units: Bridal Belongings Units Analysis & Guide
- Guide to Picnic Units https://community.gamepress.gg/t/a-season-for-picnics-units-guide-q-a/
- Guide to Darkness Within: [Mareeta, Tiki, and Delthea Darkness Within Official Q&A and Analysis Part 1 ] [Corrin and Berkut Darkness Within Official Q&A and Analysis Part 2 ]
- Guide to Mordecai/Lethe/Ranulf/Caineghis Ranulf/Lethe/Mordecai/Caineghis Guide/Q&A
- Guide to Lugh/Sue/Thea/Idunn "I pulled Lugh/Sue/Thea/Ithunn +this -that. What do I do?"
Other matters of strategy
- countering armours using f2p units https://community.gamepress.gg/t/whatre-some-f2p-anti-armor-to-build/
- Building GC brigades (slightly out of date, ex: L.Azura or herons are best refreshers; OHKO player phase units have become more relevant due to stuff like Surtr, vantage has become a bit less common due to other powerful B-skills) https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/lets-talk-gc-strategy-pt1-building-brigades
- On fast Nowi (and Nowi in general): What makes speedy Nowi so good? [NB AR information may not be up to date]
- Seeker’s list of seals to be introduced and fodder likely to appear on GHB/TT units or demotes in the next few months https://community.gamepress.gg/t/seekers-seals-and-grail-fodder-watchlist-last-updated-june-13/
- Kirchou’s listing of gen 1 BST units without prf refines as of (June 2019?) https://community.gamepress.gg/t/list-of-gen-1-bst-units-without-refine/
*More susceptible to obsoletion than other material. These guides are written according to units, skills, and seals that exist at the time of writing.
@Impulse pin please