Hi everyone, another episode of resource-providing. This time I’ve decided I want to make a list of stuff that I think is worth noting as reference materials or as stuff that people can refer back to. For example, over the past few weeks we’ve had a handful of questions about building merged Nowi so I thought I would just make some way people could refer back to a relatively detailed write that I did some time ago.
Do note that some of the information may be out of date, but for anyone who’s starting to look into a topic, the information is probably helpful, and I think we can reduce a little bit the number of threads (ex: which ask about stuff like bold fighter vs Great Flame). Also, some threads are listed in multiple sections because they are probably relevant to people with different questions.
Suggestions for additions are welcome, and I will add more subcategories as this post expands.
If you're new to the game
(Last updated: 5 Sept 2019)
Welcome to the game.
- You might want to read this post I wrote on what to do in the game itself. How to start out In retrospect it’s a bit overdetailed, for which I apologize. And some of the information is out of date (ex: CYL1 free pick with B.Lyn and B.Ike is no longer available, I don’t mention the free 5*s from Heroes’ Path or CYL3 free pick, etc.) but the bulk of the information is still applicable (maybe timeless, in fact), and I made a simplification if you skip about 50 posts down.
- There are a number of other “new player here” threads that you can check out by using the search function.
- I suggest reading the game mechanics section of this directory and making yourself aware of what’s in the “external resources” section. After these you can go to the “info for summoning” section, but I don’t suggest starting there; it’s not written for beginners. When starting out, better to make a thread and get fresh answers from players here. The rest of the directory you can look through bit by bit later.
- f2p-friendly units, and then I coach the OP on unit building: What are some good, basic F2P units to build?
If you've played very casually for a while and are looking to play a bit more seriously
This section of the directory is relatively new. In general I think you could begin by reading some of the other sections to improve your understanding of what’s strong, how to navigate the meta, and how to use your resources well. Make note that AR is generally considered the most difficult mode in the game, such that developing proficiency in it may require some time.
- Three lists: units to keep one copy of, some units good at low merges, and some units good in assault modes Casual Player, Looking to be More Competitive posted Aug 25, 2019, it functions similarly to an abbreviated tier list that puts a lot of emphasis on required investment (ex: all units in the last two lists are available at 4*; some units in the assault mode list are functional at 4*+0)
- seals to upgrade for arena and AR (dated Sept 15, 2019 and will go slightly out of date somewhat quickly) My AR defense is terrible
- f2p-friendly units (followed by some coaching on unit building) What are some good, basic F2P units to build?
Commonly used external resources such as simulators
- Unit builder https://fehstuff.com/unit-builder
- Arena score calculator https://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/
- Score boundaries week by week for tiers in arena and ranks in AR/AA/AB https://www.reddit.com/r/OrderOfHeroes/comments/d1x6fk/arenaassault_overview_thresholds_notifications/ NB that thread doesn’t contain the actual information; it provides some information on how that whole resource gets set up and where to look for the processed data
- Combat simulator https://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/
- Verve’s guide to AI prediction and manipulation https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/index.html
On game mechanics - covers some FAQs
- Forced doubles and undoubles: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/how-works-siegmund-windsweep
- Which stat boosts stack and which do not? https://community.gamepress.gg/t/bonus-interactions/
- Most debuffs do not stack, but panicked buffs stack with regular debuffs https://community.gamepress.gg/t/shrine-debuff-stack/
- how mythic blessings work Aether help
- if you have 999 999 feathers you cannot get more; the feathers will vanish into the void. 1 million feathers and no idea what to do with them
- see also: “Info for summoning” section below
FAQs that aren't about rules of the game
which units to promote to 5*?topic was not found
- good merge projects available at 3*-4* (dated Sept 2019) Best Non 5* Exclusive to +10
- more ideas for merge projects I need ideas for my next merge project :catroll:
- Some discussion on grail merge projects Who is worth your grails? F2P merge project
- f2p-friendly units (and some coaching on unit building) What are some good, basic F2P units to build?
- good support units Best support Units
- some advice on which seals to upgrade (NB this information is likely a little out of date and may be suboptimal for new players. Making a thread for the most up-to-date information is not a bad idea.) Necessary Sacred Seals to Max out to 3? and My AR defense is terrible
- glimmer vs moonbow (date: Sept 10, 2019) My Planned Builds for S!Rinea, Saber, PA!Olivia, Leif, WoT!Rein and A Question about Moonbow and Glimmer
Info for summoning
- Official GP guide to summoning probabilities https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/know-odds-general-probability-analysis-fire-emblem-heroes
- Orbs are not distributed evenly across the colours: how to calculate orb distribution Are Orb Colors distributed Randomly?
- Check before summoning for fodder that has been in the game for at least several months: list of abilities likely to appear on GHB/TT units or as seals in the next few months https://community.gamepress.gg/t/seekers-seals-and-grail-fodder-watchlist-last-updated-july-7/
- Seeker gets ticked over the pitybreak myth again [placeholder for a more permanent guide I plan to write] For a unit, is it best to Orb Snipe or Full Summon?
- Estimated average number of orbs per 5* on 8% vs 5%+3% https://community.gamepress.gg/t/some-numbers-crunched-8-vs-5-3/
- [Extremely long] How to calculate summoning probabilities in detail https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/hey-seeker-i-have-some-summoning-math-questions
- Highly recommended to learn about AI prediction using Verve’s guide (see “external resources” section)
- Hujiba’s short explanation of the rally trap (also called rally-refresh) with the community working on one (which then serves as an example) My AR defense is terrible
- Community-made list of omnitank candidates (for offense, dated Sept 2019) Most popular omnitanks in AR?
- High-ranking non-5*-exclusive candidates for defense https://community.gamepress.gg/t/brainstorming-on-budget-ar-defense-units/
- Tips for AR defense, including my explanation of two things every defense needs What Defines a “Good” AR Defense?
- Maskilraid analyzes maps (mainly from the defense’s perspective) after the last change to the map pool My review of the new Aether Raids maps (and some other ones)
- @Maskilraid is known for making some very difficult defenses. Open up this writer’s profile and look through threads started to find some examples of how to build a defense team.
- galeforce tanks (offense strategy) Galeforce tank? (AR offense)
- Examples of galeforce play from My_Dude https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsYB5_Nx1vL3o54PxaI8uvQ/videos
- DRAAAAAVEN’s tier list, initially posted 14 June 2019 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/ar-tier-list/ (obviously, we’ll never all agree on every detail, but it’s definitely useful to some degree)
- MiThiKal compares lull skills to dull ranged Dull vs Lull skill discussion
- can-openers for galeforce teams AR-O Galeforce Think Tank, Session 1: Can-Openers
- Theoretical attempt to tank an infantry pulse team full of 4CDs using sheer def, res, and instant noontime. From before the release of B.Fjorm and pulse smoke. https://community.gamepress.gg/t/getting-a-unit-to-70-def-res/
- Guide to Bridal Belonging Units: Bridal Belongings Units Analysis & Guide
- Guide to Picnic Units https://community.gamepress.gg/t/a-season-for-picnics-units-guide-q-a/
- Guide to Darkness Within: [Mareeta, Tiki, and Delthea Darkness Within Official Q&A and Analysis Part 1 ] [Corrin and Berkut Darkness Within Official Q&A and Analysis Part 2 ]
- Guide to Mordecai/Lethe/Ranulf/Caineghis Ranulf/Lethe/Mordecai/Caineghis Guide/Q&A
- Guide to Lugh/Sue/Thea/Idunn "I pulled Lugh/Sue/Thea/Ithunn +this -that. What do I do?"
Other matters of strategy
- lull skills vs dull ranged Dull vs Lull skill discussion
- countering armours using f2p units https://community.gamepress.gg/t/whatre-some-f2p-anti-armor-to-build/
- Building GC brigades (slightly out of date, ex: L.Azura or herons are best refreshers; OHKO player phase units have become more relevant due to stuff like Surtr, vantage has become a bit less common due to other powerful B-skills) https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/q-a/lets-talk-gc-strategy-pt1-building-brigades
- On fast Nowi (and Nowi in general): What makes speedy Nowi so good? [NB AR information may not be up to date]
- about 4*+10: see expand below
- introduction to 4*+10 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/an-underutilized-strategy-for-f2p-and-f2p-ish-players/
- validity of 4*+10 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/are-4-10s-still-viable/21612/
- Units for 4*+10 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/units-to-4-10/
- 734+12 per battle to get into arena T21 as of July 9, 2019 https://community.gamepress.gg/t/scoring-level-to-get-t20-in-arena/
- Seeker’s list of seals to be introduced and fodder likely to appear on GHB/TT units or demotes in the next few months https://community.gamepress.gg/t/seekers-seals-and-grail-fodder-watchlist-last-updated-july-7/
- Kirchou’s listing of gen 1 BST units without prf refines as of (June 2019?) https://community.gamepress.gg/t/list-of-gen-1-bst-units-without-refine/
*More susceptible to obsoletion than other material. These guides are written according to units, skills, and seals that exist at the time of writing.
@Impulse pin please
Wiki as of Dec 20, 2019.