Do I change Fallen Lyon's A skill

I don’t see bonus double being useful to him anymore so I want to change it to atk res solo 4 as I have a lot of that food
I have worked with him with basically his normal build, but I don’t think the A works
If get another menace I will give it to him too but for now bebe Lyon has it
But do I put Atk res solo 4 to him?

6 Likes

Imo it could work well, I put Bracing Stance 2 on mine and he does fine with it (@Arm_The_Homeless also runs Bracing Stance 3 on his +10 drunk Lyon)

Solos and dual Stances are pretty good for his A slot

9 Likes

Yeah BD just isn’t as potent as a solo or stance on F!Lyon

7 Likes

eh, I know the preferred a skill for him is a stance 3 (usually bracing stance) but I run him with fort def/res 3 and it works pretty well too

5 Likes

Someone as slow and EP based as Lyon would much prefer a Stance because he really wants that Guard effect, but if you have more Solo fodder than you know what to do with, it’s an alright choice and definitely a step up from Bonus Doubler

Personally prefer Atk/Res Solo on a faster unit and/or one that can force doubles without having to rely on QR (such as Micaiah or F-Julia who comes with it)

5 Likes

Bonus Doubler is better on units who can stack it more consistently, like…Legendary Marth for example. Units with it in their weapon already, or can get it granted to them by someone like Legendary Eliwood and get stat boosts along with it. But you have to have a dragon on your team and fill another condition for the unit you want buffed and to get the status effect. I haven’t used Eliwood much for the last couple years.

Or you at least need to constantly get buffs in all the stats they need if not all 4. Whether it is from rallies, openings, gaps, rouse, oath, special dancers with prf assists, or some more niche builds like with Defiants. The most niche one I know and the only hero I know who can really cover this effectively is Legendary Marth with double Defiants since he has Bonus Doubler in his weapon already. But one could argue a Rouse is still better with a more optimal A-Slot and Sacred Seal. Like I said, it’s niche and still doesn’t have the best match-ups.

I pretty much replaced the skill with something better on all my units that have it, except Caspar because I don’t really have anything else. It’s a decent non-tier 4 budget skill for a low investment unit that has no merges or flowers.
I also don’t really like the skill, but it was quite a novelty when it came out I guess.

I gave Nah Atk/Spd Push 4 and Lull Spd/Res 3. I would explain but I don’t really feel like it rn. I know she’s normally slow.

And for Fallen Lyon, I gave him Close Counter because of his high mixed defenses. I think he comes with Sol, so I keep that on him for most stuff. But Vengeance can work well, too. In my opinion it’s infinitely more consistent than what he has in his base kit. It lets him heal more frequently, too. That’s more of a double bonus than Bonus Doubler :feh_laevtongue:

And if you don’t need Null C-Disrupt for a certain map or mode, Quick Riposte can be good. I gave him Brash Assult 2 but haven’t really used it much. It was just for testing in Limited Hero Battles… My Fallen Lyon is +1 at the moment with a Defense asset. It’s great.

Close Counter can be hard to come by, though. You have to spend a fair chunk of orbs when you want it, if you can’t get it as a free summon. Close Reversal and other skills that branch out from Close Counter which will come out in the future would work too, since it’s an unconditional counter, and the stat boost’s HP threshold is easy to stay inside of.

I really like him as a character and unit, so I’d be willing to give him Lull Atk/Res as well if I could get a few more copies of it. I have other units I’d want Close Reversal, Close Pressure, etc [Close Intimidate? and Close Reflect?] on before him tbh.
Cheers!!

4 Likes

…That is a ballsy move because his weapon only works on ranged units (including the colorless WTA) and because of his shitty Spd making him very vulnerable to being doubled. I honestly think F-Lyon is a poor choice for CC because he gives up his niche in order to handle melee units that he is not all that great at dealing with (he also sacrifices some ranged matchups; well built Reinhardts can actually quad and kill him). GK does that job better now, so at this point I would highly recommend against doing this. But since you already gave up the fodder and I assume you don’t have Gatekeeper, I guess it’s a little late for that. As long as he works for you.

7 Likes

Besides, for ranged tanks, I prefer close foil if I had any

4 Likes

Yeah, as others have said stance 3 is the way to go.

I killed an extra Surtr for mine, so only a single skill stance (steady, so +def only), but the guard is really nice.

Mood. I need CF to build Matthew, since I finally pulled a Leila and need to pair them. (Yes need; same reason I paired Pent and Louise. Also he actually is a pretty good partner, because of how his PRF synergizes with her debuffs; just needs CF)

3 Likes

For a budget and effective skill, you can also give him Triangle Adept :feh_legion_miso:

4 Likes

I can’t stress enough how much a ranged tank wants Guard. I would put a solo on him, but only until I could find Bracing/ Mirror Stance.

Drunk Lyon really only fears specials–and red melee, but that’s a different problem–so he really wants to slow those specials down as much as possible

5 Likes

I used DD4 for the time I had him, don’t know if it was good or not since I barely used him, but it seemed fitting

As for the solo, I think it would work yeah, more than his bonus doubler for sure, but if you’ve seen my Titania post today then you’ll know my opinion on them

3 Likes

I use DD4 on my Sophia, who I use a lot on light/dark (F!Lyon I use on astra/anima). It’s very good, but not having guard can be a bit of a problem sometimes.

3 Likes

Just get this bad boy on the b slot

just don’t kill Titania for it

2 Likes

Then I have no NCD, so that would be a major downgrade.

3 Likes

NCD is only helping you counter staves (who likely aren’t doing damage anyway) or firesweep bows (same.) Some form of guard is much more important, so do a stance 3, lull, and QR seal.

Or super budget: TA, guard, QR

A Stance 3 is his best choice for a A skill. F!Lyon is going to be doubled by any unit with Spd, so the Guard effect is great to delay specials. I have mine with Sturdy Stance 3 and works very well. DD4 could also work, but if you want to give him something cheap just give him TA. :feh_lyonhaha:

4 Likes

Now I’ll use this post as a excuse to brag about my boy. :feh_lyonhaha:

6 Likes

Always brag about best boys
:feh_flaynyay:

3 Likes

I personally run Mirror Stance 3 when using him, especially in AR. Panic manors aplenty there. Though if you find yourself with Ashera you could run the 2 of them together and keep BD.

2 Likes