Do you feel bad? Don't worry! This thread will make you feel better for not falling so short

I transfered a 98% Gengar who had Hex firmly convinced legacy moves were gone forever :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

8 Likes

Not the end of the world. Just get another good one - they aren’t impossible to find. Or trade for one.

We can’t predict the future (specifically the future changes to the game), so we do the best we can with the information we have now.

Finally, while Gengar with SC/SB is a nice lead for ghost attacking, Giratina-O is stronger overall, and there are other good options too (Chandelure, etc.). So you haven’t totally screwed yourself over for ever, you just made a choice that looked good at the time but turned out to be non-optimal.

2 Likes

I have to say though…
Keep good IV pokΓ©mon, be they bad due to other factors or not. That and collecting movesets is so vital in this game.

3 Likes

With Gengar being a soloable raid boss and the Gastly quests, I want to think I can do something.

However, the problem is the choice itself and more than that worries my natural talent to do such poor choices.

I already transferred like three 98% gastly, because I have already recieved so many 96+ IV from the make 3 great throws task, that I’m covered. So, based from my personal experience, keep doing those tasks and possibly trade new ones, sooner or later you’ll get one with similar IVs. Gastly is no longer such a common spawn like it once was, but it’s not that hard to get some either. The research tasks are by far the easiest imo. The only downside is that they added bunery to the possible rewards from said tasks. Lileep and anorith can also be rewards too.

2 Likes

I would then ask, β€œDid you learn something from this?” If so, then your choices should get better in the future. If not, well, then your worries are justified.

Forgive yourself this non-optimal choice, and commit to doing better going forward. It will be fine.

2 Likes

It wasn’t a hundo, it wasn’t lucky, it wasn’t shiny, it wasn’t maxed out, it wasn’t a special trade pokemon (like legendaries) and it wasn’t a rare pokemon (like Riolu).

Meaning, it’s super easy to get it back. If I was you I would try and find a gastly nest, hunt for a shiny, trade the normal high lvl with friends and if you have a lucky friend trade a shiny gastly.

I mean β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  hell if I learned from this. The bad ways of doing it are never forgotten; on the other hand this is encouraging me to accumulate compulsively any trace of actually bad pokemon with minimal chance of future improvement.

I would not even drunk transfer a hundo. Even my useless but perfect Arbok and Pidgey are sitting in the bench eternally.

Now I hope luck is on my side and can get a good one again, I’m nor exactly known for my luck with pokemon I find, but it’s a matter of trying over and over again I guess. If not, as last resource, I could always lucky trade.

1 Like

Before you do this, find a local buddy, and let him know that you want to get a good Gengar. Suggest that both of you catch and collect any decent level Gastlys you catch, and then one day, sit down and start bulk trading them. If you trade 30-40, one or two might go lucky. [ That’s how I got one of my lucky Mudkips, and both Lucky Piplups (that I will finally get to evolve in January), all from the same session.] So for about 4000 stardust, you have a shot at a lucky Gastly; even if the IVs aren’t nearly perfect, it’s cheap to power up and can play the role of a lead against stuff weak to Ghosts very well.

1 Like

Yep, I always talk with any local player with my same interests. However I won’t stop until the 15/15/14 combination which is the one the other Gengar had. Only problem is the two months of waiting yet.

Gengar with Sc’s good, and i’m glad I have 4 98% gastly saved just incase this happened, but its not like with excadrill where its faster and less bulky than groudon, but you resist what you’re fighting so the glassiness doesnt really come into play much, so i’d say giratina O’s still the better option if resources aren’t a limiting factor.

DPS isnt always everything, contrary to all the AS Lucario/SC gengar hype, bulkier options work most consistently and you dont need to dodge or rely on getting the right moveset of the opponent, but that might be the main series battler in me :man_shrugging:

That’s why I still had the lv35, 98iv Hex Gengars with outdated movesets; They are waiting for this moment.

I shall never transfer my three star Cherrim it is too good in the GBL and was also my first 1000 CP PokΓ©mon when I was like level 10

A moment of silence for someone who transferred a perfect Machamp with Bullet Punch before TMs existed (those were the days).

My story: maxed out a 93% Tyranitar with Smack Down convinced I would never get a better one, then got two 87+% shadow Larvitars, purified both, evolved last December and maxed them out, only to see shadow bonus introduced.