Do you think Waver deserves a buff?

So I see a lot of people talking about buffing various servants now that Castoria is a thing. But I haven’t seen a single person talk about Waver.

Personally I think he is perfect as is. I find it really interesting how he is the only meta support Castoria didn’t put into question.

Waver is fine as is, great for general support and for stalling strategies due to his NP and defense. He doesn’t need any kind of buff.

5 Likes

Like Merlin, he does so many things already that it’s difficult to consider improving him further.

While my own gameplay arguments are often perceived as giving disproportionate consideration to farming value (sorry, folks - if we spend most of our logged-in time doing it, and if we rely on it to ascend those precious Servants from the gacha, it damned well matters), we can’t overlook that he straddles the line between farm utility and everything else in masterful fashion.

Some unique points:

• Party DEF is absent from every other major support except in a limited capacity (sometimes enemy damage is so high that this doesn’t matter much, but not always)
  • AoE Charge Drain, chance for Stun, DEF Down up to 50% on his NP is no laughing matter
  • Naturally his existing ability to grant party and individual NP charge, something Merlin does only partially and Reines doesn’t fully match him on until about 2 years from now

Waver may not be the meta farmer of the latest update (Hi, Castoria), but he’s in an excellent place and prone to becoming ascendant again depending on how the game itself is designed going forward.

9 Likes

Party Heal or Party Guts

Nah, gimme an animation update or costume so he doesn’t look so bland. Every main Caster attacks and looks so much more stylish than him. Kit-wise he’s fine.

4 Likes

2 days ago this dude was still the most valuable servant in the game.

2 Likes

Waver was the only servant in FGO history that got a buff without doing SQ and I prefer Reines now over him.

1 Like

I think he’s fine as he is, newer supports or not Waver still maintains his general support place and still works with any comps, he doesn’t really need any buffs since he already does his job well enough.

That said i don’t know how he compares to Reines, especially after she got her buffs since i don’t own her nor ever used her that much.

Agreed for the animations but he still looks damn fine in a suit, the only costume i’d want for him is…

8 Likes

buffing Waver

He is perfect as he is, he is one of the most strongest servants in the game since year 1(NA year 1, in Jp in the begining Waver was kinda weak in the begining but got all the batteries and become a god)

6 Likes

They did too good of a job with the characters in the Rail Zeppelin anime, Gray will come next year and the one from the tv show is just gorgeous compared to the one in the game.

Damn it now I want to watch it again.

5 Likes

Caster balls club say hi

2 Likes

And i’m watching it

4 Likes

100% battery or go home.

6 Likes

Waver’s already an incredibly useful servant. Would rather see a buff going to a low tier servant like Miyu to help make them more competitive with their peers.

5 Likes

I thought it was great. Different , but great.

His Np needs to damage. It also needs Invul-pierce
:fgo_rinlaugh:

3 Likes

He needs an ability to bring back the dead, since we are on the topic of making more op shenanigan’s .

3 Likes

Waver is still the most valuable single servant in FGO. All he needs is an animation update.

3 Likes

Saberface caster was a terrible idea. Major power creep .

1 Like

This suggestion just kills the tamamo no mae fan right now.