Does Joker's Wild stack with bonus doubler?

Basically the title. If it does, that could basically make it broken in most scenarios.

Depends how exactly you mean. If Xane is buffed then I believe he does still get the extra stats from Bonus Doubler yeah.

He uses his ally’s stats but Bonus Doubler works off his own buffs.

1 Like

I mean do the stats he copies from allies count as bonuses, and then get doubled again? if they did a level 1 Xane could get almost +80 to certain stats

Oh nah it doesn’t work like that. The stats he borrows from others are in-combat buffs, BD works off of the blue ones

3 Likes

ah shame

Bonus doubler only affects blue visible buffs. They will be boosted if he has the buffs, but his stats are overwritten including the buffs. So say he has a buff of 6 to attack, and his partner has 62 attack. He will get the +6 from bonus Doubler, but his attack will be overwritten. Stat changes on Xane do not matter during combat, unless their are debuff/buff checking skills.

3 Likes

Seems it would work if Xanes ally (Say Corrin) had more stats than him, Corrin was buffed, and Corrin had BD. I think Xane would get all of that, correct me if I’m wrong. If Xane had BD and buffs BUT he exceeded Corrins stats, I don’t believe BD would be doing Xane any favors here.

That’s how I understand it but haven’t play tested.

@Z-Man probably has a better grasp considering his other thread.

1 Like

Yeah no bonus doubler on Xane’s allies doesnt affect Xane himself. BD only works in-combat so it wouldnt affect Xanes combat

Judging by his interactions with lull skills however it may work if Xane himself has bonus doubler and +6 buffs however

2 Likes

Oh bummer just read BD… you’re right, “during combat”. I shoulda known better

2 Likes

Wouldn’t BD and buffs on Xane only work if he still came in under his allies stats?

1 Like

Well he still gets debuffed by lull skills if he has a field buff - even if hes not using his own stats. So in theory bonus doubler may work under the same logic - he still gets his +6 boosts in-combat from BD even if hes not using his own stats

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has tested that however; it’s just speculation

1 Like

Wait so if say his ally Corrin has buffs and Xane doesn’t, are you saying Corrins buffs on Xane get lulled when Xane is attacked?

No I’m saying that if Xane has a buff and vs’s a foe with a lull he gets debuffed to counteract his buff.

So let’s say he has a +6 spd buff but his ally Corrin has more spd. He’ll use corrin’s spd during combat - which technically means he loses his own buff - but the enemy’s lull spd will inflict -6 spd on him as if he still had his +6spd buff. This is the result of a weird effect interaction between lulls and jokers wild at the start of combat. But bonus doubler likely treats buffs the same way lulls do meaning he would theoretically get +6spd in-combat despite not technically having his visible buff anymore

1 Like

OH nasty… so if Xane has a buff and goes against a lull… even if his ally has higher speed or stats, Xane gets lulled. That is wicked, but useful advice. Makes sense I guess if one thinks it through!

1 Like

Apparently the way lull skills actually work isnt the game just ignoring blue numbers(what I had thought previously). What happens is the game checks at the start of combat to see if blue numbers exist, and then tacks on an in-combat debuff to counteract whatever blue numbers it finds. So since at the start of combat Xane has a +6spd buff the game adds in a -6spd debuff to balance it out. This results in Xane essentially losing spd.

But bonus doubler may work in the same way - just checking for blue numbers at start of combat. If thats the case you would get the in-combat boosts despite the blue numbers not being used

1 Like

Fascinating theory. That makes sense.

Right now I’m debating to give Xane mirror stance 3 or CC. Not sure about his B and his C will probably be that atk smoke. All of that helps to figure out how to gameplay him.

1 Like

If you go with mirror stance id suggest NFU for his b slot to prevent forced doubles from melee units like duma and líf

If you go with close counter he can have basically anything in his b slot tbh

1 Like

I like your advice, thanks. You use him yet in a main ARO line? Still using Claude?

1 Like

He’s light blessed and likely getting put to work next week. Right now he has shield session but soon he’ll have spd/def solo. The eventual plan is spd/def solo, null follow-up(he has that already), pulse smoke, and spd/res solo seal

1 Like