Double boons were a mistake…

Brazen Atk/Spd4+Spd Smoke+Brazen Atk/Spd Seal+Hone Atk 4 buff+Duo Peony nonsense+Joint Drive Atk+drive Atk Seal+Goad Cavalry+Drive Spd Seal. He’s not even Summoner Supported, nor is his ally support present on these maps.

13 Likes

:feh_reinyes:

8 Likes

:feh_rein:

7 Likes

Honestly double boon isn’t that OP, it’s very nice but don’t break the game.

Speedhardt was a thing before them, +3spd won’t be that huge of difference

9 Likes

@TwoHitsOneCup

2 Likes

But what about +3 atk on a speedhardt :feh_reinyes:

7 Likes

Nah. Can be don with x2 or even x1 uf I wanted.

4 Likes

I particularly enjoy how in none of the examples the speed makes any difference on wether the enemies will survive or not

10 Likes

That’s true. Half the matchups he kills in the first hit if not the second one. It’s just hilarious to see he’d have the option if need be.

1 Like

The thing is, without that +3 he just misses doubling units like Wolf, so it goes a long way. Is it op, maybe not, but it’s nice seeing a gen 1 unit with one of the lower speed outspeed one of the fastest cavs in the game.

2 Likes

while true, most units that need to be quaded are already slow anyway.
and the units that get quaded because of the ascendant flower are to squishy to be needing a quad anyway. and most spd based mitigation are used on sword, how already have a big problem whit Rein. S!Larcei is one of few hows match-up would be a easier because the ascendant flower.
all in all a spd build is not bad since it don’t sacrifice any atk in doing so. and he sure appreciate the spd, but by no means will it change that many match-ups.
how do you enter brazen/despiration range?
personally I run atk/spd catch, trace, JDA, blade session.

4 Likes

Usually I just let red or blue units attack him since they won’t be doing too much due to the advantage or high bulk, but sometimes I have no choice but to let the axe unit attack him if no red units are available. With buffs he can usually survive axes which is enough to put him in range. It’s a weird strategy, especially where there are times I have to mix up my movements to get him into range, but since he gets into like to 40’s range with Def/Res it’s not actually harder than you think, and with his Spd with the right buffs hitting very middling Spd can sometimes be enough to stop that follow-up Atk so long as they’re not like a +10 newer gen green unit. I just have to make sure he’s not going up against a unit like Asbel who would absolutely destroy him probably even with buffs when trying to put him into that range. I can’t wait for the Leg/Mythic battles to come back later this month so I can put this build of mine to the real test. Can he absolutely destroy Abyssal Hectors or Byleths or other strong menacing green/Res tanky units, stay tuned! Heh!

1 Like