Duma merge or double up

Merge into +def (probably not +spd right) or wait for a possible double duma meta

3 Likes

The words “meta” and “Duma” in the same sentence offends me.

8 Likes

Oh yeah just wait until he offends you twofold

8 Likes

Considering most people run few structures to begin with, multiple Upheaval isn’t really that significant for AR. Even with the possibility of a remix around this time next year, it’s unlikely that you’d need or even want two copies of him. I think you’re safe to merge. And yes, into +Def, not +Speed.

2 Likes

I’ll just hit you with the counter play: -hp into instant desperation.

Edit: Even my merged Lynja would be in desperation range after taking 14 damage.

1 Like
1 Like

Double Duma is just not it lol. One Duma is good, killing bolt towers/tactics rooms is invaluable for ARDs, combined with catapult can cover lane 3/4, the most common lanes for those things.

Double Duma is just a waste of a unit slot tbh :catroll:, covering 3 lanes is not nearly as valuable as covering 2 per unit, and it’s hard to fit both dumas and a catapult into your map in the first place

3 Likes

My double duma works ok on Astra season (tier 27). Not perfect, but it’s decent and catches a good bit of players. I do it so I can have my Yarne surrounded by dragons to transform.

1 Like

Like I said above, I would be wary of that since it gives pretty much anyone running desperation a free use.

Even my slightly merged Lynja (who is also summoner supported) will be in desperation range, which means I get to quad everyone without even engaging in combat once.

Surprisingly I’ve had this defense for a while and have not been a victim of desperation yet, or even WoM beacons. Maybe it’s just my layout, or luck?

1 Like

It might also be the desperation is sorta budget. Most high level players are gonna run something like lull or trace or whatnot instead.

I’m cheap, so I use it though.

1 Like

I use my Duma mostly to stop Tactics Rooms from gimping Elise and prevent her from getting her Restore Trap going

Most high level Lynjas run Disarm Trap. Desperation is very rare in AR, from what I’ve seen. Most fast units are either running NFU, DR skills, or Sweeps (or even WoM for Galeforcing)

NFU is almost always better than Desperation for AR; Despo is useless if your follow up is blocked

4 Likes

Seiros does his job better outside of Upheaval

And Upheaval is kinda not helpful if you’re opponent is running Galeforce or if you’re running a T1 def, since it gives them more places to hide

3 Likes

In general, solid units and overlapping threat ranges are the best policy. It’s rough running two one-movement melee threat ranges on any team, because they don’t threaten much area. Strategies that count on having wide range especially do not, but even “ball” compositions have a hard time running two Dumas. The extra Upheaval doesn’t make up for it, IMO.

3 Likes

You could just run Fallen Edelgard + Seiros + 5 Duma (+Catapult in last lane).

I can’t find the video anymore, but i’ve seen someone do that on youtube, quite a sight :fgo_bblaugh:

3 Likes