Duo's Hindrance

Anyone tried this out lately? I had a Fonz visit my house and immediately activated duo despite my duo hinder 1-5 turn statue.

I then tested in test defense, and whether I had my duo indulgence up or not, it seemed like hinderance wasn’t working.

Can anyone verify what I am doing wrong or if I am losing my mind?

EDIT: I thought maybe it was a round 1 thing since it says BETWEEN ROUND 1-5, not ROUND 1 THROUGH 5, but still had the same problems rounds 2&3…

3 Likes

You do have a duo hero on your defense team, right? Duo’s Hindrance only works if you have at least 1 duo hero on your defense team.

4 Likes

Oh serious? I thought it was to avoid a duo on offense attacking?

3 Likes

Duo hinderance only works if you have a duo hero on the Defense.

5 Likes

Description of Duo’s Hindrance:

If a Duo Hero is on the defensive team, foe cannot use Duo Skills between turn 1 and turn {structure level + 2}.

7 Likes

Oh man, I didn’t know. That answers that. What a pain. But thanks!

3 Likes

Darn sorry man. That’s why I have my unmerged -Atk Duofonse on defence: for the hindrance feels haha

4 Likes

That explains your Alfonse there lol. Makes sense though why you did that.

3 Likes

so it does trigger on turn 1, right?

1 Like

I assume it does NOT trigger the offensive duo skill on turn 1, even though it is phrased so poorly, but haven’t tested it as I don’t have a duo on my defense.

That was the entire problem; when the dude had his Fonz use duo turn one, my hindrance was basically inert and not working because of my defense (no duo), which was my fault. Sorry to get you excited, my bad.

@kakyoin01 can you confirm this?

EDIT: Nah just tried it, does NOT work for offense, even with a offense duo statue, on round 1. They really need to change that wording. Got me excited.

The structure description says between turn 1 and... so it should be inclusive, meaning starting on Turn 1. Otherwise it wouldn’t lock out duo skills as effectively as it should, given that’s its sole purpose for being placed.

I believe I’ve encountered an AR-D setup before where I fielded Duo Alfonse myself on my offense team, and the opponent had a duo hero and Duo’s Hindrance structure on their team, and I was unable to use Duo Alfonse’s skill on the first turn. I would have had to either break the structure or knock out the enemy duo hero before I could do so (or wait out the turn count until it was past whatever the turn range was).

3 Likes

Duo’s Hindrance is kind of a niche structure, because of the need for a Duo unit on defense. The trouble is, Duos derive a lot of their strength from their Duo effects, which the AI can’t use. I don’t own all the Duos, so someone else may have a different perspective, but the only one I’ve been able to make work well on a defense team is Duo Alfonse on Infantry Pulse teams.

1 Like

I think that’s half,the reason I overlooked it, I mean duos shouldn’t be expected on defense since AI won’t trigger it. And yeah Fonz seems to be the only one I can think of that could fit

1 Like

I put Micaiah on my defense. But I also refuse to use a defense team that isn’t a full team of Tellius units

2 Likes

Valid.

1 Like

It’s likely not good but idc. I need to come up with a new Tellius defense soon anyway though, I kept putting it off saying “I’ll wait until Ashnard is +10 after he’s added to the Grail shop.”

2 Likes