Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Custom Class Playthrough (Signups) (CLOSED)

It’s Hard/Classic mode, full run through to Thabes, both routes, grinding only to reach promotion levels
You can choose 9 characters from each route, and customize the class of the lords
DLC characters (Shade, Emma, Randall, Yuzu) and weapons can be included.

Classes

Cavalier > Paladin > Gold Knight > Skogul (Lances)
Soldier > Knight > Baron/Fiend/Guardian > Spartan (Fiend and Guardian are enemy-exclusive monster classes with roughly the same stats as a Baron, both with +4 HP, but with 1 more Atk/Def for Fiend and 2 Atk/Def and 1 mov for Guardian) (Lances)
Mercenary > Myrmidon > Dread Fighter > Yasha (Swords)
Archer > Sniper > Bow Knight > Oliphantier (Bows)
Fighter > Hero > Conqueror (Swords, Swords/Bows)
Mage > Sage > Guru (Black Magic, Black/White Magic)
Mage (F)> Priestess > Enchantress (Black Magic, Swords/Black Magic)
Pegasus Knight > Falcon Knight > Harrier (Lances, Lances/Black Magic)
Cleric > Saint > Exemplar (White Magic)
Priestess > Princess > Rigain (Swords/Black Magic/White Magic)
Witch (Model only really works with Celica) (Black/White Magic)

Class change restrictions:
Only these characters can be changed to mage classes (Guru, Enchantress, Rigain, Witch class lines)

• Gray
  • Tobin
  • Kliff
  • Luthier
  • Delthea
  • Faye
  • Celica
  • Mae
  • Boey
  • Saber
  • Kamui
  • Atlas
  • Jesse
  • Deen
  • Sonya
  • Conrad
  • Nomah
  • Yuzu

Only these characters can become Clerics

• Silque
  • Delthea
  • Tatiana
  • Faye
  • Celica
  • Mae
  • Genny
  • Sonya
  • Shade

Characters other than the ones listed are missing a spell list and are functionally identical due to not having a unique spell list

Alm cannot be reclassed until after Act 5, as switching his class means that he is unable to attack in dungeons to break breakables and hit monsters, thus softlocking the game. He will only be able to reclass after the main story. Keep this in mind if you are the one who is choosing his class; you may not see him do anything for a while.

Reasoning for Alm

Alm is left-handed in both the story and his custom class, and reclassing him into another class (which all default to right-handed attack animations) renders him unable to attack in 3D dungeons because the space in memory for his attack box is not loaded. (Celica is unaffected, being right-handed)

All characters will be changed to their custom classes ASAP besides characters who already have levels in their default classes, in which case they will be grinded to their base promotion level before being reclassed into the advanced path of their new class

Other considerations:
Please balance the number of each class I have lol, I don’t want to play armor emblem
Leave me a healer of some type on each route early, this game really needs a healer, especially on Hard

Besides the class editing, the following cheats will be enabled for the sake of this playthrough

• able to recruit both Deen and Sonya, both are allowed to be picked on this run
  • Infinite Silver Marks (QoL improvement, technically infinitely grindable, forging will be reasonable)
  • intangible in 3D dungeons (QoL, makes long dungeons less tedious)
  • Retreat Turn 1 (QoL, enables immediate escape from accidental dungeon encounters)
  • Weapon equipability (Endgame only) (Need to be able to use Falchion if Alm’s class is changed
    )

Please edit with your chosen character, username, and final class below

Alm’s Route:

1. Alm (Yasha), @Smileytlj23
  2. Lukas (Oliphantier), @dimitrisnoodlehair
  3. Kliff (Enchantress), @RoysOurBoy
  4. Faye (Exemplar), @PokehunterX
  5. Silque (Harrier), @Lippi391 (Saunion)
  6. Clair (Yasha), @Fresh_Tomatoes
  7. Forsyth (Yasha), @Umbriel
  8. Python (Conqueror), @PremiumMix
  9. Mathilda (Skogul), @VivatVeritas
  10. Delthea (Yasha), @futababestgirl (Ladyblade)

Celica’s Route:

1. Celica (Exemplar), @Yberus
  2. Mae (Harrier), @Tohlward
  3. Boey (Spartan), @Z3K
  4. Kamui (Guru), @Umbriel
  5. Atlas (Oliphantier), @Reality (Killer Bow)
  6. Deen (Conqueror), @Almond
  7. Nomah (Spartan), @Lain
  8. Conrad (Guru), @Souljia_Bitch
  9. Shade (Oliphantier), @dragonforcefan
  10. Yuzu (Yasha), @CluelessStray (Lightning Sword)
19 Likes

would Bow Knight Lukas work?

9 Likes

Perfect :fgo_spaceishtarwink:

9 Likes

Oops! Just realized Lukas was picked by Noodles, imma dummy :feh_flaynfish: . Uh… then how about Oliphantier Atlas then? Imma big fan of the Master classes tbh, love their designs. Are we allowed to pick final/main weapons too or…?

7 Likes

as for weapons, don’t really have a rule for that but I’ll keep them in mind and try to use them if I can

6 Likes

Is it ok for non lords to have the lord classes, say conqueror Deen for example?

6 Likes

ofc
go right ahead

6 Likes

Conqueror Deen it is :feh_reinyes:

6 Likes

I’ll choose Faye as a cleric that way late game you have a dancer.

7 Likes

Thankee very much
Physic is useful

8 Likes

I can choose Python as Hero?

8 Likes

Can I say Cleric Celica??? So you have a cleric 100% of the time in her route :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

8 Likes

@Brave_Silvia
Yasha Clair if that works :feh_flaynyay:

If not, I’ll come up with something else

9 Likes

Also another question, kinda of a dirty one, how do you manage to do this?
Also If I want to attempt this on real hardware what do I need?

5 Likes

Uhh… is shade as an oliphantier doable? Best girl as best class innit.

6 Likes

who tf took my Deen

5 Likes

:cat:

6 Likes

I feel for anyone who had to decide for my boy Alm…although villager Alm would be ballsy as hell

5 Likes

which route do you want her to be on? :feh_birbpeek:
since she’s recruitable on both

6 Likes

Celica i guess but do you as you please for all that matters is best girl as best class

6 Likes