Excited for Pokemon sword and shield!

Pokemon sword and shield is out this week and I’m very excited for it!

I pre-ordered Pokemon sword and I’m going to choose grookey (the grass starter), and I’m very excited for this!

While blastoise is not in the Pokédex, I’m not letting anything hinder my experience and I’ll enjoy it for what it has to offer! :birbpeek:

Anyone else excited for this? I feel like the negativity for this game has been too much so I wanted to balance things out with a positive post!

Btw, no spoiling anything in the game as I am going into the game as blind as possible and want to keep it this way!

15 Likes

They made the Exp. Share permanent reeeeee

Glad to hear at least someone is excited for it. I don’t have any Switch, so I won’t be able to play it for a while, but I do want to hear how it is for others. Have fun playing it! Hopefully it’s better than it seems for people.

3 Likes

I don’t know too much about the game (as in leaks), but I’m willing to give it a chance :flaynsmile:

The removal of over half the Pokédex will always bother me a lot, but it doesn’t automatically mean it will be a bad game.

I’m sure I’ll at least somewhat enjoy it :hridexcited:

3 Likes

While I won’t be purchasing the game, I hope all that do decide to buy it get their money’s worth. Don’t let others ruin your excitement!

6 Likes

Switch garbo.

Remembering the good ol times where Pokemon games came out on the Nintendo and Gameboys

8 Likes

Galarian Weezing is all that matters.

4 Likes

I quite like that Pokemon form. Mainly for all the memes. Although sword and shield has generated LOADS of memes.

5 Likes

I’d like to sip tea with Her Majesty’s faithful smog generator

3 Likes

B&W :fgo_astolfo:

and my first game ever HG

2 Likes

Removal of full Dex and Mega Evolutions killed it for me. Probably not a bad game, but I definitely won’t bother this time.

They’ll charge full price again when they eventually release what the game should have been from the start anyway.

5 Likes

Masuda really thinks that we are all babys. I always turned the exp share off.

2 Likes

You mean Red And Blue? Good old times.

1 Like

Same :catroll:

Not a fan of the new Exp. Share at all, really. Ever since Gen 6. It was good beforehand, but there’s a fine line between handy and broken.

3 Likes

But the switch is Nintendo

2 Likes

At least the game is not complete garbage. There are a lot of new positive changes, that i like. Breeding Pokemon is now better than ever and EV-Training even easier. AND A FREAKING DARK GYM LEADER!

7 Likes

From what I’ve seen on the EXP share, the XP given to other mons is heavily lowered as they grow.

That aside, from the sounds of what’s been announced(I’ll admit I haven’t been paying too much attention to them) hopefully the game is a little more difficult than normal(Which with the XP share they could get away with). Sorta like a typical RPG. You got wondering enemies that are clearly out of your league until later and your entire party gains XP after battles, even if everyone didn’t participate. It’s disappointing that you can’t turn it off, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

2 Likes

I do like the new item that changes the nature of a Pokemon. My shiny Pokemon can be viable now!

6 Likes

Hope you enjoy it
Just don’t get your hopes up

1 Like

Care to elaborate on “When they eventually release what the game should have been”? If you’re talking about them patching in mons they already said they weren’t planning on doing so.

1 Like

I mean that, unless they’ve changed their ways after Gen 7, it would probably feel as (and be) a half-assed game if I were to play it. Then they could release the complete version like they did with Ultra Sun/Moon for the same price as the original release. Whether they end up including the other half of the Dex or not is “irrelevant”.

This just feels like an incomplete release to me.

4 Likes