Existential Quandary

So, which is the better to have Leif or Alm (from the Mythic Hero banner)?

3 Likes

Depends on what you want. I personally love Alm but I use Leif more than Alm for his special, which grants him another turn. Alm is pretty speedy so he’s good for that. Ones a Cav and the other is infantry. What are you looking for?
They honestly both have pros and cons.

6 Likes

There’s no universal answer for most “who’s better” questions.

Personally, I would rather have Alm than Leif. While Leif is useful with his brave bow effect, he’s not exactly powerful and a good tank can stop him in his tracks. Alm, however, is more universally powerful because of his ability to turn a tank’s bulk against them. That said, Leif’s bow gives him an advantage when fighting non-tanky units that can counter at range.

7 Likes

Hate to be that guy but it’s Quandary
But I admire your vocabulary

6 Likes

Haha, I forgot to double check before posting. I’ve done a few crossword puzzles in my day… (and thanks)

1 Like

Thank you for the input. I personally wanted Alm, but he hasn’t shown up yet…

1 Like

Alm is a good boy

2 Likes

I would love to see Alm, but I’m starting to think it’s a moot point as Leif has stalking tendencies…

Thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

This time, I’m going to be “that guy”. It’s moot point, not mute. :fgo_padoru:

3 Likes

Yes, that would be accurate. Stinking auto correct. I am watching 5 kids (all 8 years and under), so I’m typing rather quickly.

I went back and fixed it… oh and those following along, Leif is still stalking me!

Mila (Atk+ Def-) did finally come through ; so it’s not completely one sided (and no, I’m not just pulling colorless).

Alm and Leif serve very different roles so you can’t exactly compare them

Alm is best used on defense teams to destroy tanks, Leif is an offensive sweeper

4 Likes

Coo[quote=“TMFM, post:11, topic:76596”]
Alm is best used on defense teams to destroy tanks, Leif is an offensive sweeper
[/quote]

Cool, thanks! I’ve noticed Leif does go down pretty quick if he doesn’t finish people off… here’s hoping for an Alm…

All units are equal, but some units are more equal than others.

Seriously though - Leif is “better”. Alm is a glorified AR defense bot. He’s great at that, but Leif is among the best units in player hands (especially on ar offense) in the game, especially when invested - the nunber of defenses he can sweep with peony backup is disgusting.

1 Like

Both are fodder to me, Alm has better fodder, so Alm. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I haven’t figured out the best seal or skills yet for him… why Peony over other refreshers (just curious)?

1 Like

She has really good support with her in-combat buffs, and movement

2 Likes

light mythic + the ground orders effect on her dance getting around his movement restriction after his special procs.

Leif can attack from 3 move 2 range, ko an enemy, trigger Njorun’s zeal. You then move another unit on your team two spaces away from Leif in the same column as Leif, dance that unit with Peony, move Leif three spaces with the ground orders effect underneath that unit, and that unit then moves behind Leif again and uses repo/draw back on him.

If you have space, this allows Leif to hit and run an enemy from 5 range away and get 5 spaces away before the enemy can take his turn. Or you can just have any unit use harsh command+ on Leif before he takes his second turn and have him repo that unit. Or if you have ground orders on any other flyer, that also works.

1 Like