Extra Fallen Ike or Fallen Julia?

I finally made it to my free 5 star summon on the new Fallen banner. I got a +Atk -hp Fallen Ike along the way, so I don’t feel any need to merge him. So I’m torn between picking him as repel fodder (which I don’t have yet) and picking Fallen Julia. I like Fallen Julia a lot as a unit, but I do have other strong red mages, a +10 Tharja, Celica, and Lysithea. On the other hand, I don’t even know who I would give repel to, bc almost every unit wants it. Plus, I don’t play this game super competitively, I just like collecting, and occasionally building strong units. I guess my real question is, how redundant is Fallen Julia?

Go for Ike, if it’s solely between these two options. Julia is too redundant with your red mage selection as is, so it’d be a waste unless you really want to give a unit Panic Smoke or her Solo skill

I think she’s the best red mage overall currently. she hits as hard as lysithea but has a better way to double and has much better survivability against magic. initially i thought they were about equal, but now I think Julia definitely has the edge.

julia has good fodder too. atk/res solo 4 is decent, and you can get panic smoke off her in one.
fodder wise though, I’d say Corrin has the best of the lot.

1 Like

With these 3 strong red mages at +10 already, I don’t see a ton of value in getting Julia.
She can Res tank far better but outside of that she won’t hit even nearly as hard unmerged as those other 3 at +10 :feh_legion:

2 Likes

Julia has guaranteed follow ups against 90% of all units, spectrum lull, cancels adaptive damage, panic smoke, and deceptively high Atk.

Ike reverses debuffs, and acts like his legendary form but with higher survivability and Spd.

Totally up to you, but I see Julia as lasting longer as a powerhouse. Plus units who use repel the best are in the mid to high 40’s in Spd to start. That’s a small pool, and Ike already fulfills that role better than any others do (except maybe Mareeta.)

1 Like

If you don’t care for a red mage nuke + wall, you can safely pick up a second F!Ike. He is ridiculous in both phases and has a great scaling kit thanks to Chaos Ragnell, Darting Breath and Mayhem Aether. Merges for him aren’t a bad idea, and he’s got amazing fodder as well as you mentioned. Otherwise, I’d go with F!Julia. She is a stalwart magic nuke that can also tank mages and dragons ridiculously well. Guaranteed doubles against most heroes is just a cherry on top and makes her highly oppressive on both phases.

Personally I’d take F!Julia for the amazing magic/Res utility and for variety (you say you want to “collect”) but if you really desperately want the Repel/Darting Breath fodder to go on someone then F!Ike is the only correct choice.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you already picked or not yet, but how are you with green tomes? You seem totally set with the red tome users you already have, even with how good Julia is. Fodder is always amazing, but Lyon may be a solid option if you’re lacking there. If not, then I vote for repel fodder from Ike :smile:

2 Likes

I have 4 Fallen Lyons lolol. This banner was ridiculously lucky for me. I got 8 5 stars before 40 summons.
Also, tharja is my only +10, didn’t mean to imply otherwise.

1 Like

Also I think I’m gonna go with Julia, thanks everyone

2 Likes