F!Corrin or F!Lyon?

Im almost at the free 5* single, i was wondering, between the two, who should i get? Keep in mind i already have Ike and Julia…

2 Likes

My vote goes to F!Lyon for his amazing dedicated ranged tanking. He also works well as a one-off with neutral IVs. FM!Corrin is pretty strong in his own right, but he has competition from FF!Corrin. If you don’t have FF!Corrin and have a good use for a speedy blue infantry dragon tank, only then would I consider him over F!Lyon.

5 Likes

Unless you need CornDog’s fodder F!Lyon has a great niche and works really well–even unmerged.

FF!Corrin is still on a 3 unit banner, and she rocks

2 Likes

Yeah, I have FF!Corrin but with terrible IV’s, so i cant really use her. -Spd/+HP
Also no merges btw

1 Like

Ooof!

I guess she could still be useful as a Sudden Panic bot

1 Like

If you want atk/spd solo 4 for arena scoring, go with F!M!Corrin. If you need NCD for someone or bonus doubler go with F!Lyon.
If you would be looking purely to use one of them and not fodder, then it depends on if you have a +10 ranged tank. If you do, them F!M!Corrin is probably your best bet. If you’ve been needing a unit that gives range=2 the middle finger, then F!Lyon. Of the two, F!Lyon also works better overall with neutral IV’s than F!M!Corrin, although they both work fine with mo iv’s

2 Likes

I still can’t believe that FF!Corrin ended up with a better weapon skill than FM!Corrin.

Aside from a point or two better offenses, what does he do better than her?

Guard

1 Like

Hmmm, good thing she loves Stances. But I would have a hard time giving up DC on her

1 Like

Yeah his extra bst makes up for the lost +1 spec, and he doesn’t have to choose between guard and DC. Also he doesn’t really care about Itsuki or even L!Marth(a rarity among dragons). They hurt him but they’re much less likely to kill him

2 Likes

If you want an excellent colorless and blue baiter, go for Lyon.

If you’re not a fan of baiting and you want a strong, speedy dragon with guard, NFU, and large un-panick-able bonuses, go for Corrin.

2 Likes

I think we’re about to see a proliferation of colorless tomes with powerful skills, that’s why I prioritized F!Lyon. I see him as more relevant going forward, but I also had a built and merged FF!Corrin

1 Like

With Bram and Micaiah both coming within such close proximity to each other, you’re probably right. It’ll also grant a resurgence to raven tomes too. Shame Lyon’s the only one in that category who can utilize damage mitigation, but maybe Prfs for units like Cecilia or newer units who come with raventomes will incorporate that in the future.

1 Like

Has anyone tested F!Lyon with Deflect Magic seal? Does that work?

1 Like

Just tried it, seems like it doesn’t. First and second hit from Julia, Micaiah and Summer Tana deal the same amount of damage.

1 Like

So we can assume both are considered effects and the greater of the two reduction numbers is what you get?

1 Like

If that were the case, the second hit would do less because 80% reduction is more than 50%.

It’s odd though, repel stacks with urvan, and deflect magic stacks with Ice mirror, so idk why it’s not stacking with Lyon.

Wild theory: IS actually sucks at math. Maybe submit a support ticket about it showing the damage calc disparity?

1 Like

I’ll try to remember to send them that question tonight. Thanks for running the test

Yep. If you need screenshots just ask. Or go to AR, place no offensive structures, and set up a box around Lyon with DM3 seal and no rouse Atk/Res (so the math is easier) and test attacks against him.

1 Like

I may need to ask you for the screen shots, I haven’t invested in that seal yet

1 Like