Fallen Julia - Final Merge IVs Question

So I managed to build up my Fallen Julia to +9 merges. I have one last copy to finish her for good. However, my current one has… well, not the best IV. Currently, my Julia is my Speed boosted, and the remaining copy is Neutral. Now Neutral would be bad in some cases, but for Julia, it does give her an additional +1 to her HP, ATK, and RES, which is nice to have even without a proper boon.
However, her Speed superboon does have its uses as well, with max Dragonflowers and backed by a L!Azura, gives her a decent Speed threshold to avoid some doubles from enemies when she’s attacked or attacks someone faster than her and they (somehow) survive.

I really dunno what to pick tbh. What do ya’ll think would be the best choice?

2 Likes

In my opinion spd is better.

It can actually be pretty useful to deny doubles from some enemies. She’s not gonna be denying stuff like Larcei but really they don’t matter.

I would go with +spd, though neutral has its merits

5 Likes

I second +Spd, that way she has a backup in case she has to engage in Speed comparisons if battling opponents with NFU and/or slow juggernauts. 32 base Speed at +10 +Spd is perfectly boostable given enough investment, it’s only 3 Speed behind +10 +Spd B!Ike and we all know how ridiculously broken he can become with heavy Speed investment/support, CC/Repel and Phantom Speed. And against super-speedy opponents, well, most of them will die to her pretty handily since they are more fragile. At the very least, it would give her greater flexibility than neutral.

2 Likes

1 question…how many Ike’s :eyes:?

1 Like

Speaking from experience with my L-Julia (shown here, with equivalent Spd to a +10 +Spd F-Julia) the Speed is pretty much entirely for defensive purposes. Julia hits so damn hard that she obliterates almost anything she can double naturally anyway, and F-Julia has even more Attack than L-Julia. For F-Julia, it also ensures she can double slow units with follow up blockers like Wary Fighter and Great Flame.

Julia has effectively +2 all stats because of Light and Dark, and she ignores all enemy visible buffs, so she can be deceptively fast, especially with support.

1 Like

I disagree, I think that L!Julia doubling is actually really good. Defensively it’s good but L!Julia with doubling pretty much just kills everything

1 Like

I’m telling you my experience with using her. 95% of the time when my Julia is capable of doubling someone, she one-shots them anyway, making the double pointless. A unit has to have pretty chunky Res or has to be running Close Call/Repel to not get instantly nuked by her, and Julia doesn’t have the Speed to keep up with Close Call/Repel users without extremely heavy investment.

She’s a good choice for Bonus Doubler, but I’m rather hesitant to kill my only source of it, which is my L-Roy who gets regular Arena Assault use.

1 Like

I’d go +SPD aswell, with all thoses merges, you could make use of it.

You didn’t get any +Res or +ATK Fallen Julia within 11 copy ? That’s unlucky.
Because +Res or ATK would have been better, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Well, I guess I know now what to go with. Thanks for the help everyone!

I got cucked by him six times in total. Two of them got sacked to my Lon’qu and Legion for Repel, but Ii still got four left remaining over. I don’t plan on building him at all, so… he’s prolly gonna be just Repel and/or Atk/Spd Oath fodder when needed lol

None at all. Almost all the copies I got were mostly ATK banes, and usually HP and DEF boons. I did think about investing in a DEF boon before, but with my setup of Close Foil, Sturdy Stance for the seal, and my L!Azura giving her visible buffs, felt like it wouldn’t be too neccessary.

1 Like

:eyes:’s my unwanted +10 F Ike vs my +5 F Julia (I like Ike,but damn :neutral_face:),I was going too use him as fodder,but after I pulled him 8x I decided he’d serve me better in AR etc.

1 Like