Fate pairings you really love?

I know some people don’t like shipping, but honestly I can’t help myself and end up having pairings in almost everything I get into. So I wonder, are there pairings in Fate that you really enjoy ? And what makes you love them ?
No judgement here, it can be based on canon or even just a crackpair !

I got a lot of them so I’m just gonna write my list …

Straight pairings :

• Chulainn x Bazett
  • Bedivere x Artoria
  • Amakusa x Semiramis
  • Souichiro x Medea

M x M pairings :

• Emiya x Chulainn
  • Ozymandias x Gilgamesh
  • Merlin x Romani
  • Gawain x Lancelot

W x W pairings :

• Medusa x Sakura (I also recently started thinking about the potential of Medusa x Parvati)
  • Nobu x Okita
  • Marie-Antoinette x Jeanne

My favorite one being Emiya x Chulainn; those two are like the most inseparable servants at this point… Plus I’m a sucker for the kind of relationship they have~

17 Likes

Achilles x Atalanta
I also like some of the ones that you posted

13 Likes

Well you nailed one of the ones I have haha.

Here’s the ships:

The All time favorite

I’ve shipped these two since I met Bedivere in Camelot. I’ve never shipped Artoria and Shirou, because it didn’t feel right. She fit in to the more caretaker/guardian role to him in my opinion. Then Camelot was released in the game and I just…my heart. The fact he has so many lines referencing her (and he is the ONLY knight that does this…even more so than Mordred) just makes me and my friends all yell “JUST KISS ALREADY!!”

The Close Second

Mordred is one of my favorite Servants, her spark and sass are a refreshing counter to the seriousness that can be fate sometimes. I didn’t realize that Jekyll was a Servant until we hit London and I love the banter between the two. These two are broken but they temper each other really well. Mordred getting Jekyll to lighten up and also keep a hold of Hyde (Mordred reset button in Solomon) and Jekyll tempers her hot head and gets her to think logically every once in a while.

Last But Not Least

This one was from the beginning of the game, and it makes it even better when you realize their VAs are actually married. Their banter is spot on and you can tell they do care about each other deeply…so much so it hurts when one of them is torn away from the other’s side.

Honorable Mentions

Svin and Gray
Mash and Gudao
Shirou and Rin

18 Likes

Those are some nice pairings !
Never thought about Henry x Mordred and I honestly like the idea

6 Likes

@Resplendent_RoyAhoy

23 Likes

Good stuff

19 Likes

I feel like I’ll get flak for this but Hakuno x Rani is one I think would have been wholesome.

8 Likes

Oh and shout out to

• Gil x Ishtar in Babylonia

• I also liked Sieg x Astolfo but I don’t wanna get shot

• And lastly, Achilles x Atalante.

18 Likes

You are a brave soul

8 Likes

20 Likes

Oh forgot about them ! Those two are cute even though I’d like someone better for Astolfo

4 Likes

Mad respect for you rn, Bob Ross

That’s the good shit :feh_navarreculture:

3 Likes

Enkidu x Gilgamesh

Nero x no one except me :fgo_rinlaugh:

16 Likes

I love them
f58533e63a1f0bb2b3d3d1ff7d9b835a

20 Likes

Those are mostly really nice pairings, except i cant agree with Bedi x Artoria. While its clear that she is dear to him,i would say that it more a platonic love, and rather one-sided, as i dont think that she thinks about him being more than just one of her knights and subjects. Maybe a bit more than others as he was the most faithfull one to her.

About op post, while the straight pairings are mostly clearly true, but those not straight ones are just bad fanfiction as there isnt any indication about their relantionship (for example Ozy x Gil is paired only beacuse they have a bit similar attitude but people forget that Ozy has his wife which he really cares about, while Gil except mcs in extra, and maybe Enkidu doesnt really care about other people), maybe except Nobu x Okita as its on guda guda comic which i didnt read, and they often together even in fgo. Also maybe there is a slight evidence for Marie x Jeanne, but i think that Marie just loves people in general, especially her french subjects, so again its not in romantic way.

Also as someone mentioned Achilles, then i would say Achilles x Penth
of course im joking, so dont tell Penth about this

12 Likes

You just opened Pandora’s box :fgo_buster: my favourite OTP in Fate is Gilgamesh and Enkidu, and they’re actually the reason why I got into FGO in the first place. But I still have some other favourites.

Straight:

• Amakusa/Semiramis.
  • Romani/Da Vinci.
  • Solomon/Sheba.
  • Shirou/Rin.

Slash:

• Romani/Merlin.
  • Amakusa/Dantes.
  • Cú/ Emiya (and Cú Alter/Emiya Alter).

Femslash:

• Jeanne/Marie.
  • Okita/Nobu.