Favorite enemy designs?

Everyone always talks about their favorite character designs, who’s the hottest husbando, who has the best summer skins, who has the biggest booba etc

But I think it’s time we give credit to some of the enemies for their designs. The punching bags, the cannon fodder and maybe some of the unique bosses since without them FGO would just be permeated with generic RPG enemies like goblin, recolored goblin and giant dragon.

My personal top 3 enemy designs in this game that I think stand out are

Ifreeta since she’s a unique take on a fire elemental who has enough distinct feminine features to be cute but still look fairly threatening.

The Oprichnik for looking like something 14 yo me would design as an OC. Their design invokes shades of Bloodborne to me which I find really appealing, especially contrasted to the environment they operate in.

And finally the big boy roided up Gigachad version of Heracles from that one pseudo singularity that I can’t recall the name of. Seriously this guy looks like he ate 9 other Hercs for breakfast and instead of sleeping does weighted pull ups with boulders to recover.

What are some of your favorite enemy designs?

13 Likes

'Nuff said

Shoutout to Mini Nobu Tank - Bronze Archer too, she couldn’t fit here

15 Likes

Based.

2 Likes

The lancer skeletton king (we encountered them in Ooku notably) are so badass. I don’t understand how their weapon works though.

11 Likes

They took 2 spears and glued them together. 2x the spears, 2x the damage.

11 Likes

Sadly my favorite trash mobs are in lb6

1 Like

21144e37bbf8b877ee6d0c0ec16c4284e367ca99_500

2 Likes

I remember going off about the Skeleton King a few years ago during HQs.

They are are so bad ass, I love them :fgo_astolfo:

1 Like

With the caveat that you only get to see the full specimen in-game when they die.

SFX on these fellas go pretty hard too.

11 Likes

The Ooku doll maidservants, always liked their design

Mobs in LB 6.5

no i wont elaborate

2 Likes

What do you mean “invalid answer” ?!?

5 Likes

Well, since you brought up a story version of a servant, I’d say Minotaur was great as well.

The Lahmu are effectively very creepy, so they did a good job there.

Also those tentacle-covered beasts are a more unusual design, Soul Eaters.

5 Likes

I always appreciated the creepier more “out there” designs such as the Elder Ghouls and Lahmu. With how much we see common mobs like Amazoness or Centaurs they never feel like a threat. These at least have their appearances the fall back into…

However on the mid boss side I like Cerberus and the oni. I just think they look neat.

5 Likes