FGO Mafia [R10] Sign-Ups - [CLOSED] Hunger Games but with Anime Girls :fgo_lipburrito:

Wow, it does not seem like it’s almost been two years since the first one of this type of round, but in any case – hello! Welcome to Round 10 of FGO Mafia and the return of the Greater Grailpess War! This time, it will just be me as the GM, soooo please be gentle :fgo_lipburrito:

For an overview:

Detailed Mechanics
  • This round will consist of 21 Players divided equally into three teams of seven; these teams will fight against each other for the first phase of this round until only members of a single team are left alive.
  • This means that in addition to the standard Day / Night Threads + player-designated DMs, everyone will have access to their own private DM during the Day Phase with the rest of their team to strategize. As a note: these will be made public once the round concludes.
  • Once only members of a single team are alive, all remaining Players will be pitted against each other until only one person is alive – or at least, until nobody is capable of killing each other, like the winners of the last round. The Players who win will receive a Badge unique to this type of round!
  • To give everyone an incentive to at least actively participate even if things are looking bad, all Players will be given a secondary objective unique to their character choice for a chance at another unique badge that will be given even if you don’t survive until the end. This secondary goal may not be revealed to your team until at least 3 Players from your Team have been killed or you will be removed.
  • The team that has the most Players alive at the start of the Day Phase will receive Lynch immunity for the remainder of that same Day. In the instance of a tie, RNG-sama will decide.
  • Although Players will be unable to communicate with one another during the Night Phase (even in the Team Chat), NP notifications that are prompted will be sent to each individual team chat; however, you will still have to guess in your own private DM as normal, and no one may help you.

Also, character selection works differently this round. For those unfamiliar, since there are seven players in each team, each Player must select a character from the main classes; as a new addition, Players will be able to choose from the Extra Classes as well. Only one character of a specific category per team is allowed and this will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. This is because each Player will be granted a unique utility Passive depending on what Class your chosen character is.

Any veterans should still look over them as they have been changed / modified.

Class Passives

When they activate, their name will be explicitly mentioned in the Story EXCEPT for the Extra Class Passive. They are meant as more of a wild card :)

Once enough people sign up, teams will be randomized via computer magic and then we’ll let y’all select the class and character you’d like to play as. Please keep in mind that while sign-ups are open right now, the round likely won’t begin till November — this time is merely to reserve spots and potentially begin the kit creation process.

Players have the option to design their own kits to fit their preferences (Noble Phantasms and all), but final decision on what goes through is up to the GM.

Note: Active users of the FGO section will be given priority for this game. If you are a Regular of another category, you can sign up, but will have lower priority since this is a FGO-oriented game. Newer players have the highest priority.

Player List

1. @ArcanaApocalypse
  2. @Souljini_Bitchiani
  3. @Wyan
  4. @sawtuis
  5. @Master-of-Old
  6. @Eflakis
  7. @kayonov
  8. @terranort_asashin
  9. @Fresh_Tomatoes
  10. @ShinxDaSphinx
  11. @F2J_Hell
  12. @NpcLucario
  13. @Gou
  14. @andylong1014
  15. @thekaiser
  16. @Argon
  17. @jakeybitchette
  18. @ArtificialSky
  19. @Grim3xus
  20. @ACExDiscostu93
  21. @RoyAhoy

Waitlist:

Definitions of Various Terms
  1. Day Phase: The Lynching part of the game. Y’all will mainly use this to strategize and plan out who should get offed.

2. Night Phase: The abilities part of the game. Everyone uses this to kill one another.

3. Lynch: Put someone up to a vote. If they receive a majority of the vote, they lose 2 HP.

4. Attack: Wound a Player, removing 1 HP from them.

5. Block: Prevent a Player from using their night abilities. Blocks do not affect other blocks.

6. Dodge: Negate one Attack targeting you per night. This is outside of Priority and can only be superseded by Attacks that specifically can’t be dodged or something similar.

7. Protect: Prevent a target Player from being wounded. Protects cancel out only 1 Attack.

8. Redirect: Cause actions that a Player performs to go to another Player of your choosing.

9. Investigate: Learn a hint about that player’s Team.

Q&A

Q: Can I use multiple abilities in the same day?

A: Yes, unless otherwise specified.

Q: Can I say anything I want in the game channel?

A: Yes, but you can’t prove anything. Copying or screenshotting any message I send you into the chat is not allowed.

Q: What does X on my role mean?

A: Ask me via DM to keep your role a secret.

Q: What shows up in the story?

A: Unless specified by an ability , all actions that interfere with another Character appear in the story, done under the player’s Character (not their actual username, but a nickname made by the GM). I will specify if an action shows up in the story or not, however.

Q: How many different kinds of abilities are there?

A: More than the ones listed above. Expect weird ones.

Q: What happens if abilities conflict with each other?

A: Good ol’ chaos happens. See details below on priority and naming.

Priority

On occasion, Player A and Player B will have an ability that says, “Attack Player C.” But Player C has a passive that says, “Dodge one attack per night. cannot be Blocked.” But Player A has a passive that says, “Your Attacks cannot be Dodged.” What happens?

Every skill is given a Priority Tier – skills activate in order from their Tier and can stop lower Tiered abilities. For example, a Tier 2 ability will defeat any conflicting abilities below Tier 2, but can be beaten by Tier 1.

In general, Offensive Skills are even-numbered and Defensive skills are odd-numbered. Tier 0 skills will never fail and there will never be a contradiction involving them, but they typically carry drawbacks.

Typically:

• Tier 0: EA Games tier of broken

• Tier 1: Redirects

• Tier 2: Piercing Attacks, Blocks

• Tier 3: Protects, Buffs

• Tier 4: Standard Attacks, Investigates

But passive abilities can screw with this.

Regarding Noble Phantasms

A Noble Phantasm is the strongest weapon a Servant has at their disposal, essentially functioning as their trump card to use whenever they feel appropriate. Each Player has accordingly been given access to their own unique Noble Phantasm in the form of an Ability and while they can vary massively in their different effects, it’s needless to say that they will be very impactful in how this game plays out.

In their base form, each Noble Phantasm has the potential to be extremely overpowered but as this would obviously lead to several balancing issues in the long run, we’ve implemented a countermeasure in the form of another unique mechanic revolving around a Player’s True Name (as in the actual name of their character) - if someone attempts to use their Noble Phantasm, some Players, depending on the specific circumstance, will have the opportunity to guess that someone’s True Name. If they are correct in their guess, the Noble Phantasm will subsequently diminish dramatically in overall effectiveness and from then on, the Player who attempted to use it will always be referred to by their True Name in the Story.

Furthermore, any time someone activates their Noble Phantasm, the name of the Ability will be clearly stated in the Story unless indicated otherwise.

Feel free to DM me (either on here or on Discord at lordhelpme#0069 if I’m particularly lagging) and I’ll do my best to clear up any confusions you may have.

16 Likes

@lordhelpme

Sign Me Up

3 Likes

wow you’re fast

4 Likes

imageproxy.php

Too bad my internet isn’t

3 Likes

@lordhelpme

5 Likes

Lordy uwu :fgo_ereshwoah:

Sign me up bestie

3 Likes

where’s the @

1 Like

Watch me pick Dantes twice in a row

5 Likes

@lordhelpme
tenor-13

6 Likes

i’m probably gonna do the same thing as last time and ping everybody once they’re able to submit class choices after sending DMs

3 Likes

@lordhelpme :feh_felixperish:

3 Likes

@lordhelpme
Sign me up :fgo_jeannyes:

3 Likes

What are the team names going to be this time? :feh_birbpeek:

3 Likes

Can I participate?

1 Like

Sure :catflower:

@lordhelpme :fgo_ereshlove: