FGO Moderators Wanted!

Hello all,

The FGO section has been poppin’ these days, and poor Commando needs to be able to sleep. To deal with all the activity in the FGO section and respond to flags in a timely manner, recruitment is now open for 2 FGO Moderator positions!

If you are interested in helping moderate the FGO subcategory, please see below for details on duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and the application! We are looking for two moderators to join the team.

If you’re not interested, as always, have a nice video. If you haven’t watched this FGO Learning with Manga: Babylonia OP, you’re missing out.

Responsibilities of a Moderator

A GamePress Moderator’s goal is to foster a welcoming community to encourage traffic, discussion, and the enjoyment of our users. This is accomplished through the following objectives:

• Creating a friendly environment for new users
  • Enforcing community rules to eliminate toxicity
  • Actively reading and posting on the forum
  • Responding to flags in a timely manner
  • Informing GamePress staff of user opinion/feedback

Qualifications
  • Must be at least Trust Level 2 or higher to apply.
  • Able to log in to check flags every couple of hours on top of being an active poster
  • Unbiased: unswayed by friendships, personal opinions, or emotions.
  • Willing to make unpopular decisions/be attacked
  • Must want the position based on wanting to help the community, not social status/titles

Rules of Thumb for being a Moderator

1. Always be courteous and available.

• We want users to know that we care, and should respond to ALL messages with decency.

2. Obey the rules you enforce.

• No one loses a user’s respect faster than a hypocrite with power. Moderation power is for community health, never personal agendas. We may be tempted to use the powers to settle grudges or for harmless fun, but it reflects poorly on us in the long run.

3. Let your teammates help if you’re tilted.

• We can’t think straight when upset. So have others help you out.

4. Be the moderator you wish you had.

• We’ve all had experiences with poor moderation. This is our chance to do it better.

How to Apply

Please send me and @Commando a PM with an answer to each of the following questions. Commando and I will follow up on it within a couple days to get a better feel for you.

Deadline to Apply: 2020-01-28T08:00:00Z2020-01-31T08:00:00Z

Basic Information

1. What timezone are you in? During what periods do you expect to be regularly on the forum?
  2. How many hours per day on average do you expect to be comfortably spending on the forum?
  3. Do you have experience as a Moderator on any forum/server with more than a hundred active people? If so, please specify where/when and provide links as necessary.

Personality/Values

1. What do you think is the most important trait for a Moderator to have?
  2. What things in the community do you have to be careful of, as a Moderator?
  3. What things about yourself do you have to be careful of, as a Moderator?
  4. When, if ever, do you think leniency regarding the rules should be practiced? Should rules always be followed to the letter?
  5. What would you consider an “ideal GamePress community” to look like?
  6. What existing problems do you see in the way moderation is done on GamePress, and what are some solutions?

Remember to just send me a peep if you have any questions. As for the rest of this thread, it’s open season. Feel free to discuss whatever you’d like.

14 Likes

why is this place so empty

I nominate @lordhelpme for official FGO mod

10 Likes

Impulse make it happen :feh_tooobin:

7 Likes

I also nominate @lordhelpme for FGO mod position

4 Likes

Even tho we’re miles behind the FEH section, there’s been a big boom in users here.

@Impulse have y’all gotten any submissions so far?

5 Likes

Funny since some of your users are also from the FEH section :feh_legion:

3 Likes

same applies to you :fgo_davinci_coffee:

4 Likes

Question.
How much sleep does @Commando need?

6 Likes

Touché :feh_felixperish:

2 Likes

Say… I just noticed that none of the qualifications actually have to do with knowing anything about the game. :feh_ardenwoke:

Interesting.

2 Likes

This is FGO forum we don’t have much standard

5 Likes

No comprehendo senor

6 Likes

I also nominate @lordhelpme

8 Likes

Bow’s thread closed now I migrated here

4 Likes

You blocked my victory damn it
Now I’ll need to post it here

3 Likes

@lordhelpme you’re legally obligated to change your name to @lordmodme

lordbanme works too

12 Likes

Maybe

5 Likes

@lordhelpme old tricks, bow used that loong ago.

2 Likes

FGO Mods duties won’t include brainstorming balance changes to Mafia will it?
Cuz I’ll put it out there here and now.

Literally every round I’ve been in, I’ve been lynched.
As such, I’ll feel a tad bit biased when it comes to making kits.

I also really want a title for being constantly lynched.
5 Likes