Finally getting places!

Recently got spooked by a Ced when rolling on Valentine’s banner (thank God he’s -spd so I don’t feel any remorse for foddering him off), and now my B!Ike is ready to take on more difficult defense comps!

Also, I’ve recently gotten to tier 21 AR (am I cool now? :grin:)
So yeah, any advice on AR progression? Anything I should pay attention to? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

10 Likes

Good work. :feh_ikestare:

Welcome to the big(ger) leagues.

5 Likes

Thanks! How much harder does it get starting from T21? (Currently sitting at t23 but still)

1 Like

Depends on what you’ve got for a strategy. B! Ike is well known for his OPness at tanking, so you should still be able to perform pretty decently, really not kuhc that can take 'em out. There’s definitely some scary Defenses out there though.

2 Likes

Usher and Mask and RyomaLobster’s defenses especially

3 Likes

They’re beyond scary :catroll:

1 Like

Congrats on your climb! If you wanna push into the higher tiers, you’ll want to take full advantage of your five team slots and diversify your teams to counter some of the more persistent defense comps you’ll likely be facing in Tiers 25 and up (Infantry Pulse, Restore traps, Cav line, etc.). B!Ike is a good carry but even he has limitations. It’s not uncommon to come across teams with multiple Hardy Bearing users or AoE specials ready to go. If you haven’t already, optimize your teams for scoring and whenever possible try to build your support units in ways that will soak Chills and Shrines from enemy defenses so that your carry can go into combat with as few handicaps as possible. Most importantly, try to have fun! You’ll undoubtedly stumble at one point or another but you’ll get to the top eventually. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for a detailed reply! I’ve already come across quite a few tricky defenses (multiple hardy bearings, pre-charges etc.), so I’m already workin on other offensive presets (mayby even without B!Ike). As for a chill-soaking support, who would you reccomend? From what I’ve heard, MCorrin is really good there.

3 Likes

M!Corrin is a great option. A fully invested M!Corrin can actually soak every chill off of a fully invested B!Ike depending on which IV you choose to invest in long-term.

I decided to use a +DEF M! Corrin and +SPD B!Ike to illustrate the point but you can play around with the IVs and skills to make it work regardless of your chosen assets (they’re pictured here with one Eir and one Peony stat bonus each). Always keep in mind that you can build your Mythics to soak chills as well. You might find it easier to use multiple units to soak different debuffs. Finally, although it makes all of this a little harder I highly recommend that you Summoner Support your carry. You carry those extra stats with you into battle and they make a difference.

3 Likes

That was very informative, I’ll def consider building my own m!corrin now!

3 Likes

There are still plenty of dreadfully bad defense teams in t21+ tbh, but t20 to t21 is definitely a big jump, both offense and defense wise. More variation in how much effort is put in by diff players.

I was at t20 recently and my lvl 4 fort managed to win about 90% of matches. Jumped to t21 last week and that number instantly went down to about 40%.

You can even hit t27 with a heavily invested Bike/support/merged mythics team alone if your offense goes very well…but most defenses worth their salt are going to build to counter Bike specifically as one of their first priorities since they are so common. If Bike’s support partner is Corrin and not Lucina, it will definitely be a lot harder because of how crucial the faster aether charge is for Bike, unless Corrin has infantry breath. Corrin is his best budget option, but a Lucina with any ivs is a vast improvement.

2 Likes

Pre-charged AoE Ophelia is the bane of B!Ike’s existence without close call or repel