Finally got FE3H!

I really debated for awhile if I wanted to get this game even if I knew major plot spoilers, but I decided to get it in the end :). This is my first official fire emblem game and I’m really excited to grind for it.

33 Likes

enjoy it! :slight_smile: it’s my favourite game.

9 Likes

Enjoy! Even with spoilers it’s really fun to play, and imo it’s worth for the supports alone, they are truly amazing. Which route will you take first? :)

7 Likes

It’s one of my top 3 games, and also the best FE game I think. Even knowing spoilers it’s still well worth it. After doing one route you know anyway, but still want to do the others. It may take away a little from the first playthrough, but not much else.

The supports and characters are really where it’s at, and you need to play the game yourself to judge where you stand on them.

8 Likes

That 1st one will always be your favorite :confounded:

12 Likes

This is so true

I love Jugdral and Tellius to death, but Blazing Sword just hits me right in the feels

11 Likes

Enjoy your first runthorugh, man! It’s an awesome game that really makes it difficult to get bored of.

Out of curiosity, which route are ya gonna pick first?

5 Likes

Which route are you thinking of doing first?

5 Likes

Por was my 1st and still remains my favorite,but fe4 is 2nd on my list so it’s always a tough pick.

9 Likes

If you don’t play BE you better recruit dorothea or Ferdinand or you are dead to me

5 Likes

hell yeah i absolutely adored three houses!
i don’t want to influence which house you pick first, though. just know that you’ll be obligated by contract to simp for their students for the rest of time

9 Likes

Am I the only one who didn’t feel this way? :feh_eirikathink: Maybe it’s because I picked my first route because of the Joe Zieja memes instead of going with my gut instinct that wanted to choose Blue Lions. :feh_berniebulli:

Edit: Oh wait, you meant mainline games in general, I think. :catroll: My first FE was Sacred Stones, but nowadays I don’t like it all that much because of how it handled the twins, so yeah. :catlie:

11 Likes

I think the first route you chose is very important…but only if it’s Black Eagles or Blue Lions.

The two are in direct conflict, and the story does an amazing job of demonizing or redeeming (somewhat, still morally gray) Edel depending on what you pick. It’s one reason the game is so great even if you know the outcome.

I did BE as my first route, and as a result I never hated Edel, and mostly felt sympathy for her. Even playing BL I still didn’t hate her, because I knew her story. But if I played BL first, I suspect things would have been different, and I probably would have liked Dimitri more than I do.

Everyone likes Claude, because everyone in 3H likes Claude. There’s no route where he’s presented as anything less than awesome.

15 Likes

I think it depends on how attached you get to the house. I’m a mildly clingy person, so I got too attached to my first house, and it was a bit difficult playing with completely different students in another route. I chose BE because I liked all the students in that house, and then I started liking Edelgard, so playing other routes was a bit difficult for me because although you can recruit them, it doesn’t really feel like they’re present in the story :catcry:

12 Likes

I like a lot of students and always recruited everyone, so that was never an issue, but I felt really bad in BL

sort of a spoiler, but maybe not?

Knowing sort of how misguided Dimitri’s anger was, and also that whole thing with Fleche. On the other hand, I think it made me like Edel even more, because it revealed even more about her character/thoughts.

7 Likes

Uhh I’m glad I didn’t tear into Claude like I was intending to do in my first comment. :feh_edelgardworried:

11 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t too :feh_claudetea:

11 Likes

Legit Dimitri and Edel lol

12 Likes

Protip: if you play as F!Byleth and don’t choose Blue Lions, you can instantly recruit Sylvain, bypassing his proficiency and stat requirements.

14 Likes

Honestly gets old for me

4 Likes