Fire Emblem Engage: Official Thread

I didn’t find a thread for the upcoming Fire Emblem game yet. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of talk about Engage, I guess not that many people are overly excited. I’m personally a bit worried for this game, first of all Engage was originally meant to be a spin-off for the 30th anniversary, but they later decided it should be the new mainline game.

Secondly, they felt the need to bring back old characters and its main purpose seems to be to sell DLC. They already announced 4 waves of DLC with a trailer before the game is even released.

The new art direction isn’t really to my liking, some characters look like they could belong in the Fire Emblem universe, but most of them just look like VTubers or Genshin Impact characters… While the designs are not my cup of tea it’s something I can look past, I’m more concerned about the story, it looks very generic so far.

Back to the returning Fire Emblem characters, I really think they should give the spotlight to the new characters. With over 30 new characters they need screentime (and not just support conversations) They also bring back mostly lords, and they are often similar in personalities. I’m afraid most of them will just be kinda there.

To end with a positive note, the animations look really cool and the visuals aren’t bad either.

11 Likes

Engage most interesting trait is the gameplay, I really like how the poison status works now.

the only thing I don’t like is how they made Anna a loli in this game

5 Likes

Haven’t had one of these since the Three Houses thread a few years ago

@Souljini_Bitchiani and @Eflakis remember

5 Likes

OMGGGG I was thinking about making one yesterday but I was fine with talking over PM

Bless this thread

6 Likes

She got Da Vincied

5 Likes

I’m personally excited for it

The art direction could be a lot better, but something about the gameplay that I’ve seen so far (excluding Emblem rings and summoning) does feel more classic Fire Emblem? The maps and so on. I did enjoy 3H a lot, but I’m happy to get away from the HS feeling.

7 Likes

I need this thread to explode so I can see which characters everyone is most excited for. I want to gauge popularity. :eye:

Besides Diamant, he’s obviously the most hype.

7 Likes

Those threads were like 20 years ago wtf

4 Likes

Sometimes I don’t even mention he’s hot because it’s just like OBVIOUSLY

It’s why I’ve been talking more about Zelkov because why am I gonna waste my breath to state the obvious

3 Likes

I don’t know much of anything about it, personally. I only saw the initial trailer for it.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen anything beyond the first trailer so my thoughts on it are pretty much limited to “Abby is hot”.

I will be getting it when it comes out but I’ll meet everyone while playing the thing so I don’t need to pay attention now.

3 Likes

Who’s Abby again

3 Likes

The new dark mage looking one.

I do love a dark mage aesthetic and don’t care of she’s good or evil. She’s way too hot for alignment to matter.

5 Likes

Oooh

Ivy is her name

6 Likes

She’s recruitable

4 Likes

Maybe I’m still going off old translations. Good name though.

4 Likes

She has my favorite female design in the game by far

9 Likes

I think both of her retainers also have a good look to them

Same with Diamant and his retainer, Jade

7 Likes

Good taste.

Guess I should probably look into things now there’s official English info. Save myself another faux pas.

3 Likes

Japanese Alfonse :feh_sigurdeyes:

2 Likes