Flow Guard

In light of flow refresh and flow guard, anyone know if NFU can refute them? What about B Hector’s Maltet “cannot make a follow up attack” apply? (Meaning in both cases, does it force a speed check)?

In other news, any plans to give this skill to anyone? Looks inheritable…

4 Likes

They work like part of NFU. They just cancel the skills they say they cancel and not, well, the other skills that work similarly.

So no, NFU doesn’t cancel Flow skills.

10 Likes

So a super slow Otr gets two attacks (conditions met)on a speedy B Hector, right? I only asked because I saw a Otr do that a while back destroying my Hector when I thought he would just take the one hit, and I thought I had speed on him.

Not to mention I wonder if my Bike with NFU would take that second hit also.

3 Likes

Question ¿Does flow guard prevents normal doubles?

I think it just “neutralizes affects that prevent units follow up attacks”. So opponent should still get normal attacks the way I read it

4 Likes

No.

5 Likes

But it does negate NFU right at least on player phase?

2 Likes

So nothing stops a really slow units follow up attack, in the game as of current date, not even NFU or Maltet, am I understanding this right?

(I guess I am trying to understand why a speed check isn’t forced)

4 Likes

He has a guaranteed follow-up? Yeah, he will. Mixing guaranteed follow-ups with Flow skills or NFU will make it so that guaranteed follow-up effects ABSOLUTELY require NFU. Cancelling it with follow-up denial like B!Hector won’t work.

So a decently speedy unit with NFU will make Otr attack just once.

7 Likes

Okay good to know, thanks for the answer! Maybe Otr bonus week helped force his second attack. I thought Hector should’ve avoided it that one time, it threw me off.

5 Likes

There isn’t a single skill in the entirety of FEH that directly cancels skills that cancels effects. Not yet anyway.

The closest I can think of to actually cancelling NFU effects is Bramimond and L!Lyn against a unit being supported by L!Byleth.

4 Likes

So a tanky sword with NFU should survive due to Thor not being able to double by spd.
If she doesnt have the special ready.

2 Likes

Yup. Only way Thorr will double is if someone bends the spd check absurdly in her favor.

5 Likes

Yes. NFU cancels all follow up related effects, making it purely a speed check.

3 Likes

Maltet, too?

2 Likes

Yes, it has follow-up related effects so both are canceled.

(Dagr has a prf NFU as her B in case anyone doesn’t remember)

3 Likes

Sorry I meant if Hector faced Thor or Otr, not if he faced NFU (good to know tho, makes sense)

2 Likes

Btw: Side note about your girl, she did amazing my last two battles. L Fae was on the map who ironically Lynja and Corlise struggles with, so I had Dagr take the hit both times and it worked like a champ. And that’s without her B base, but WoM.

2 Likes

Oh. Then in that case only his follow up prevention would be canceled, but not his QR.

(Not quite the same but you get the idea)

3 Likes

:feh_dagrsmile:

2 Likes