Fodder M!Byleth to Mareeta?

I’m trying to build a +10 Mareeta right now and could use some help deciding upon the fodder. I know I want to give her DC but don’t know if I should fodder a M!Byleth for Ruptured Sky while I’m at it. I’m unsure because I only have one (from buying 3H) and don’t know if I should save the fodder for someone else (I’m building Petrine who might like it, but I kinda don’t want to give her DC)/keep him for collection purposes. I don’t really use him that much, to be honest, because I have other sword infantry units who have higher investment and are therefore better. Also, in case it matters, I’ve already farmed his DFs and feathers.

• Fodder M!Byleth to Mareeta
  • Don’t fodder M!Byleth to Mareeta

0 voters

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

I’d just fodder him if you want a skill to score in arena + DC. If what you really care is DC, Hector is in the 4* special pool. Not the easier to get, but doable.

4 Likes

The reason to use Ruptured Sky is mostly because it scores well in Arena. Outside that it’s okay but not a big enough upgrade over Moonbow to be worth going out of your way for it, so if you have other sources of DC, you’re not missing out on a lot. But since she’s going to be +10, I’d say definitely give it to her if you care about Arena scoring.

5 Likes

Broken ceiling is only a high scoring low cooldown special for arena, is quite good at dealing with beasts and dragons aside that not much, as others said if you have other DC sources use them, but if you dont care for arena you are good to fodder him to her, DC + dodge skills are still good despite Not live sight.

4 Likes

I have 3 Hectors whom I could use instead (forgot to mention that). That would be a lot cheaper, but I was wondering if it would be worth it to give her Ruptured Sky while I was at it.

4 Likes

I would give it to a unit that has dragon or beast effectiveness, they can make better use of the special because effective damage with added damage is excelent.

3 Likes

Honestly though, I think it’s something that actually just ages better, since it scales off foes attack and units are always getting higher and higher attack.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, but we are getting higher defense too. The highest base def is 46, highest base attack is 45, weapon might seems constant for now, every worthwhile prf is pretty much giving spectrum buffs now, Impact gives more defense than attack, and Ruptured Sky has worse scaling than Moonbow. They’re likely only off by one point, if that, against +Atk L!Sigurd, for example, who has good attack and defense but leans a little more towards the latter.

The cases where you’d see more of a discrepancy are probably against more, like, squishy glass cannon types, but if they’re squishy are you missing the kill by only a little bit if you’re landing a Moonbow instead? The cases where Moonbow does better, you probably needed more help.

So, I dunno. Outside of the beast/dragon case I don’t know that I see it being decisively better than Moonbow anytime soon, but with more units like Nott and Summer Freyja coming out I might be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just that F!Edel alone is so goddamn oppressive that I feel there’s an argument to be made for RS. Compared to moonbow it’s always been close, usually only a few points of damage; at that point I think I would want the killing power against nightmare units like F!Edel.

1 Like