For fun Ares calculations

So, I made the “perfect” Ares build in the unit builder to get his bonuses and stats, and turns out the difference (offensively speaking) of choosing between +Atk and +Def is so minimal (with this build of course), if you use a +Atk copy you are getting 117 damage with bonfire, but with a +Def copy you get 116 damage

(No outside help aside from Form stacking, so no goads, drives or even ally support)

I’m gonna try to come up with the perfect support units for him, buffing both Attack and Defense, so a team with 3 Atk and Def buffing units

5 Likes

Fun fact, at same/full investment, Eldigan actually seems to lose out.

2 less attack (even with resplendent) and 4 less speed in exchange for 3 def and 3 res.

RIP

3 Likes

Wow, he literally just does less damage, he loses 2 damage with pure attack but gets +2 to his bonfire

Interesting that even his resplendent version doesn’t make him perform the same as his son with the same build, makes me excited for when Ares gets his resplendent version

3 Likes

Well that’s very true to Genealogy I guess (the second generation is usually stronger than the first, due to the ability to optimally pair skills together…with some notable exceptions).

1 Like

Well Ares does have a bit more BST to work with (only by 3 points though so not much) so I guess his stats were just allocated better.

2 Likes

Not for how you’d actually want to build him though, which is my point.

And how is that “way you would want to build him” exactly? The above pictures seem to suggest that maximizing atk is what is desired, which in that case Ares does have the better allocation (if just barely).

1 Like

Whoops saw eldigan, since I think he actually has more BST with his resplendent, but the stats go to def/res.

Checking my above post Eldigan with resplendent has the same BST as Ares
(-2 atk -4 spd for +3 def/res total of six for both)

2 Likes

I think Eldigan would technically have more. Since resplendents give +2 to all stats, and there’s only a 3 point difference between them (this doesn’t take into account boons though).

1 Like

The image I was going off shown above has him with his resplendent stats. If anything his BST is less, since it’s only equal to Ares with his resplendent.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I said originally…

I think we’ve already established I messed that one up.

1 Like

2 Likes