For some reason, my game won't stop crashing

I’ve had one crash so far. Something that never happens so yes it’s probably related to the update. We’ll see if we get a fix soon.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem off and on since 2 updates ago. The have listed in Issues that they have a fix planned for August.

After searching i have found a temp solution that worked for me and will hopefully work for you since you seem to also have an android.

Go to your settings. Go to apps. Find Android System Webview. Disable it then re-enable. Turn your phone off and then back on. Fixes it for me for a while hopefully it works for you.

4 Likes

I had severe crashing issues during summer 4, and they aren’t gone, but various combinations of app force stop, cache clearing and device reboots got the crashes cleared the unplayable levels of crashing to a bearable but annoying level

1 Like

i have the same problem for a while. Hopefully they will do something about it or might have to use emulator on pc

2 Likes

You get crashes on PC too. It’s app related. Atleast I got a crash in LDPlayer. Which is something thay never hapenned before.

3 Likes

There is currently an issue with Webview on Samsung devices from my understanding and the only way I’ve found to consistently fix the issue is to

Download the webview beta app from the playstore
Go to your apps
Find webview (not beta)
Disable it and then restart your phone

It should then default to using the beta webview instead of the other one and that has been the solution for me for quite awhile

7 Likes

I’ve had freezing and crashing issues for years now. I’m playing both jp and na and I’ve been noticing that after certain updates on jp the started giving me more and more problems and now that those same updates started coming to na the same thing is happening to that version too

4 Likes

On my friend’s phone (Pixel5) if you switch from FGO to anything else the game restarts. This started with anniversary update. Previously switching to FGA, Chrome, etc. was fine. No idea what to adjust to fix it.

3 Likes

Webview has certainly caused me issues in the past.

I was crashing very heavily over the weekend, but I remembered that I had been sitting on a phone update for a weeks, so ran that and the crashes went away.

1 Like

I solved this today.

Apparently a recent Android update automatically changed the battery settings for a bunch of non-default apps. Long press (on FGO, FGA, etc) go to App Info and then under Battery change it from Optimized to Unrestricted.

8 Likes

:eyes:

My tablet had fgo under optimized… :crossed_fingers: hoping this helps!

2 Likes

Nope, definitley broke mine again, thankful my method fixed it again. Oh well, as long as at least one method works for someone. Constant crashes suck.

1 Like

Looks like JP will upgrade the minimum requirement in September for this reason :fgo_circesigh:

1 Like

That doesn’t sound good for people with weaker devices like myself :fgo_circereally:

4 Likes

Buy more hamsters.
Hamster_Battery

7 Likes

Well, I keep getting the message fail to connect to server, even though my internet connection is fine. I believe I bought the wrong phone.

I experienced some freezing and crashing over the weekend myself (I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G).

If you haven’t turned off your phone in a while, I recommend trying that. Once you reboot, install any updates to the OS and/or game that you may need, and try clearing FGO’s cache. I’m not sure which step worked for me or if I had to do all of them, but once I did these things, I was able to get FGO to stop freezing on me.

3 Likes

I guess you only experience this before reach the title screen, after title screen you never find that problem, right ??? :fgo_gudako:

My emulator Nox dislikes when the game forcibly throw me out of the game during daily login.

I mean, I get the “data updated, redirected to main login screen” window, but instead of logging in I get a black screen and the game freeze :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, I always get this message fire reaching title screen which I forgot to mention. I fixed it by using mobile data… I think.

1 Like