Free GHB manuals

Besides me, who already had Ashnard, Petrine, Jorge and Flame Emperor at +10, does anybody else find themselves sad about the loss in grails after this recent event?

I’m sure this happened to older players in the past as well, with these kind of events.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, free units are always welcomed and I love IS doing this but, don’t you wish IS gave us a way to compensate for those grails?
For example a new qualify-of-life feature (hopefully a free one) that let us exchange back GHB manuals in the grail shop for at least half the price of the last paid manual for that unit in Heroic Grails.

Knowing IS, is this wishful thinking?

5 Likes

Hasn’t this been happening for a while now though? I thought, along with reruns, there was some sort of predictability in when a specific GHB unit would pop up.

Regardless, I had Aversa already built up but she was for Arena and couldn’t wait. If you’re building up favorites then I could see how it’s annoying. Even then I don’t +10 a unit unless I need them at their max immediately, which just falls into the category of couldn’t wait.

3 Likes

Wishful thinking. But that’s why i never +10’d the GHB manuals since these kind of quests come around relatively often. Only ever got them to +9 in expectation of this or a forma event.

Same with TT+ units. I got Minierva to +10 only for her to show up in a forma event the very next week, that’s when I decided on this method.

2 Likes

well… also happened with the resplendents. Like I already have many units +10 when they were realeased (what do I do with the 5* Reinhardt?)

Also forma units

That’s what it is unfortunately…

1 Like

I think we’ve got a pattern established for GHB. The 3 copies from 3 difficulties at debut, another from the rerun quest and then they’ll get a grand hero party rerun at some point for a quest copy. I’d certainly never +10 a unit until they’ve had their party copy.

I’ve got Kronya sitting at +9 because I can’t remember her having had the party rerun and it’s not like the last +1 Def/Res is important anyway.

1 Like

Let’s face it ; this issue will touch every single player out there (except those who don’t do grail projects, or only do TT’s).

I +10’ed my Galle at the beginning of this month, and I’m sure he’ll get a GHB Party at some point, and I’ll just sit there with his extra copy like :

In my case though, since I never merged Ashnard before, kept all his copies and even got his Forma, with this, that gives me a massive bonus in grails I won’t have to spent for the day I’ll finally max merge him, so it goes both way, I’ll say.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t mind getting 350 grails back for the last copy of Jorge that I grail-summoned but 350 isn’t terrible

4 Likes

Yeah but this is kempf’s 2nd or 3rd time appearing I a ghb party. Ditto for Iago and travant iirc

Before ghb units only got their regular rerun and maybe one ghb party

4 Likes

Have all units even got their reruns in a GHB party?
Did Haar get one too? or am I tripping right now?

1 Like

I’m certain that Flame Emperor had her normal rerun already because I did the +9 and wait thing and made her +10 when the extra copy appeared. Now I have a random extra copy. Ashnard and Jorge also had an extra copy already. So I’m not sure if this is a new pattern or what, but I used Flame Emperor in Arena for a long time, so whatever. Some units are definitely very cheap Grail-wise now.

5 Likes

I don’t think haar did. Julius got one(kinda wanna say fellthea did too) but most of this batch are on a 2nd party rerun.

Some of these ghb units are getting cheap as heck to +10

3 Likes

I’m definitely gonna +10 Iago and kempf now that they’re getting so dang cheap

4 Likes

So, is it safe to say this is somewhat random?
It just makes me anxious having to wait until the unknown month IS decides to drop an extra GHB copy of random Xs unit, ignoring the previous ones.
Idk, it’s kind of awkard.

1 Like

I +10’d Kronya, Flame Emperor, and Petrine as soon as they showed up in the Grail shop

2 Likes

Yes

It is very random

Especially since this “ascended heroes” thing came out of nowhere so you can’t even say “well we get ghb parties during anniversary” or something like that. We do get ghb parties during anniversaries, but… then we also get them whenever IS gets bored

1 Like

That said, I will offer one different point of view on the random ghb parties:

If you already +10’d these grail units using their previous rerun and ghb party units, you’re in luck. You +10’d the unit in question and now have an extra copy for fodder. Whereas if you’d known the ghb party was coming you would have waited and looked for fodder elsewhere.

Now granted ghb’s get dog :poop: fodder but still you guys got to have your cake and eat it too(+10 the unit and still get a copy for fodder)

2 Likes

Well unless the ghb unit doesn’t really have any fodder that’s worth it because I mean, a ton of GHB units don’t have the best fodder on them

2 Likes

+10 a GHB unit?

Can’t say I’ve ever experienced your predicament, as other than F!Robin I’ve only grailed TT seasonals.

1 Like

Most do but recently we’ve been getting better stuff fodder-wise

Units like Sonia, Alfrec, and especially Sedgar can be used in conjunction with 5 Star units to get T4 skills

4 Likes

It happened to me with Caellach and recently, Cormag… I already had them at +10 and dont need more copies, so maybe I will use these manuals for skills when required (they are not that great tho)

1 Like