Friend List Question

Does anyone know how the friend list propagates? I just want to know if I’m doing something wrong, because in my experience I have to refresh the list sometimes a dozen times to get certain people I’m actually friends with to show up. For example, I just got finished with a quest where I was using a friend’s Nitocris and I was going to do it again, but suddenly they would not show up no matter how many times I refreshed. I go out and check to see if they were still my friend and sure enough they were, it’s just the game wouldn’t let me see them.

I get this is probably by design to encourage people to not just use one friend over and over, but I wanted to use Nitocris and he was the only friend I have with one on support. Showing me 10 Merlins does nothing to help.

Is there a way to avoid this issue?

In my experience, people who have been active more recently are more likely to show up in your friend list. It indeed seems to be designed to encourage people to not just use one support the whole time.

1 Like

Well I have the same problem with you too when I need to refresh my friend list multiple times just to find a Drake.
About that I don’t think there’s a way to avoid it tho. The game will choose randomly but sometimes prioritize who recently logged in.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a weighted randomisation.

To massively oversimplify it, if you have 4 people in your friends list, in order of when they last logged in, they are given 4 entries, 3 entries, 2 entries, and 1 entry into a raffle, and then the game picks 2 of those entries and shows them to you. That means that even the most recent person to log in only has a 40% chance to show up.

Obviously the actual number of raffle entries are going to be different, and probably a lot larger, but the basic principle is the same.

But yes, that does mean that when you specifically want that one Merlin with NP2 10/10/10 and Prisma Cosmos, there is always a chance that you’ll have to reset 20 times, even though he only logged in an hour ago. I once had a really weird one where I was looking for a specific Archuria who logged in 40 minutes ago, had to reset 24 times, saw the same Nobu who logged in 7 hours ago 4 times, and saw an Ishtar that wasn’t even on my friends list 3 times.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s incredibly annoying. Especially as I only have a single friend with a mlb Mona Lisa.

1 Like

Oh I’m so glad to see this post. I thought I was the only one going through that lol

1 Like

When I first started I had planned on mostly only using my irl friend support. But that quickly became unfeasible because even out of a mere handful of friends, no one would show up sometimes. (don’t know if I knew about the refresh button then).
So I quickly converted to filling my friend list just so I could always count on finding someone to play with with an np I could use.

In my experience, friends become a lot less likely to show up after even only 6 hrs since their last login, and become almost unfindable at a day. Longer than 2 days and I’m not sure they will ever show up.

FYI, if you tend to keep the game running for a while, I’ve heard it’s good to use the Return to Title button in My Room, as that supposedly resets your last login time, and thus makes it better for any of your friends who want to use you.