Gauging demand for a community tournament for FEH Duels

One thing is for sure though, this is much easier to do compared to the Aether League stuff I did a while back.

League Format:

• 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss. Points accrued in each match will also be recorded.
  • Should a player no-show or forfeit the match at any point in the middle of the match, it will count as a 10-0 (0 scored, 10 lost) loss.
  • If there is a tie, use head-to-head record, then the points differential (points scored - points lost), then the points scored.

Rules:

• All units are allowed.
  • Time limit: 30 seconds.
  • Map: Auto (Random)
  • Lv. 40, No Support: On
  • (Canto Clause) Each team can only have at max 1 unit with [Canto] in their abilities (This includes weapons such as Reginn’s LyngheiĂ°r, exclusive abilities such as Brave Eirika’s Moonlight Bangle, and Trace skills).

Like this post, if you want to see this happen I guess. :feh_faedance2:

25 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun, I really would want to do this just for the heck of it. Even if I will probably lose all of my games lol.

5 Likes

can there atleast be some banned units

1 Like

I would avoid banning units for the first run of the event. I hope that the Canto Clause actually pulls back the shenanigans a little bit.

EDIT: I heard there’s a YouTube event for Summoner Duels coming up, and their rules are very similar to this set. That’s where I got the inspiration for the Canto Clause anyways.

6 Likes

Sounds interesting, I’d just watch though since I’m not very good at PvP in general :fgo_ereshwoah:

5 Likes

Could be fun with those rules in place, I’m game

5 Likes

well thats unlucky :catlie:
gotta hope that people wont run the same 10-15 units and just stall their way through, cause that would be fuckin boring

3 Likes

I hope it’s enough since I want to see people come up with some creative bullshit rather than the same ol’ stuff.

Playing the normal Favour Battles is kinda oof when either the team all looks exactly the same, or it’s something different but the whales just smash you with a butt-ton of stats…

1 Like

another problem is people whos fav isnt a Gen 4-5 Unit will most likely not be able to effectively use them since their stats on Lvl 40 will most likely be shit compared to newer units
prfs may save some, like Walhart, but wouldn’t count on it

1 Like

Similarly, locking people to certain Book units also could be problematic when your favorites are just outright banned.

Right now we do not have any usage data, so in the future what could be done is something similar to Smogon for Pokemon where we can play based on how frequently a unit is usually used. But unlike Pokemon we don’t have decades of accessible data to work with, so let’s do it step by step. :ak_nervous:

2 Likes

Banned units is a very slippery slope. I know fatalgard would probably be the number one unit suggested, head to a small extent I would rather not see her there, but if anyone is uncomfortable potentially going up against that then they just shouldn’t participate.

2 Likes

Until we can play the others map in the Favored Battle mode (i still haven’t yet, and B!Lys’ is maxed out), i’m a bit against playing on anything else than Long River.

I don’t have friends to practice with on the others maps.

1 Like

My only issue is with removing Echidna summoner support, I dont have canto units aside of Reginn but I dont use her outside of AR, And my only far save is Zephiel.

2 Likes

Removing merges and supports is important to ensure that the tournament is not fully P2W, since the former is obvious while the latter is mainly to equalise for the existence of FEH Pass.

5 Likes

But I cant remove merges on units
nor the +2 from resplendent units.

2 Likes

That option remove merges as well.

As for Resplendent… unfortunately there’s no way to switch it off…

5 Likes

So will units that have a resplendent be banned from the tournament?

1 Like

Like I said, I would avoid banning units unless things really get out of hand. :catcry:

2 Likes

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from be the first unit someone SHOULD suggest

3 Likes

I forgot how low Inigo’s stats were with zero support/merges. Not being able to have any merges even on F2P units hurts with the older gen units… least the DF is still counted. Still, it’s a fun concept and I might join in for once.

5 Likes