Gen 1 Staff Refine Ideas (because IS won't do it)

Share your thoughts and ideas. Some were just off the top of my head, so they’re probably a lot better than they should, or a little too weird.

Azama

Definitely the weirdest one. I tried to reference his PRF skill in Fates as well as play around with a masochist style, where you take hits, deal recoil damage back, and heal up some of the damage. Note that the damage dealt is NOT based on if he attacked or not (unlike Pain+).
Azama refine

Clarine

Kind of like an ultra supportive Gatekeeper in a way. Pretty solid imo.
Clarine Refine

Lachesis

I honestly didn’t know what to do here, so I just made her a heal bot kinda. She heals regardless of damage she deals, has a global heal after combat, a 3 space Spd rein, and a spectrum buff to unit healthy allies.
Lachesis refine

Maria

Probably the most broken of the bunch. I would probably remove the pulse effect for highest atk ally if i were to try to balance it out a bit more. Also, ignore that i forgot to write the explanation text for Null Panic and Panic lol.
Maria refine

Sakura

Simple, but effective imo. Fear+Pain, Atk/Res 3 space rein, and 5 flat damage reduction to all allies within 3 spaces.
Sakura refine

Serra

Gimmicky but it works. Since turn 1 strats are not ideal anymore, i think giving a f2p option for the niche sally damage proc would be nice (plus i think it fits her character). Other than the ally damage, it’s just PRF Absorb+ with 3 space omni-rein.
Serra refine

Wrys

Might be the 2nd best one here, and like the other (Maria), it’s purely support. Atk/Spd menace AND Atk/Spd buff to allies within menace range. Then, Fear+Slow effect with the debuffs after attacking. His refine doubles down on debuffs, giving him a Def/Res sabotage to effectively debuff all stats. Finally, improved Wings of Mercy.
Wrys refine

9 Likes

As one of the 3 players in all of Feh with an invested Clarine, I like this!

My Clarine

I will note since the staff grants her attack bonuses a base wrathful effect seems more appropriate than dazzling.

3 Likes

Yeah I realized that later, but never felt like changing it since I was lazy. Would work much better for sure

5 Likes

I think anything goes for the old staffs as they’re so out of date in BST and woeful stat distribution so I’m in favour of all those. Anything to make them interesting.

The only staff I’ve considered is one you haven’t covered so forgive me for jumping on the bandwagon

Lissa

Prankster Staff
Grants Def+3. Foe cannot counterattack. After combat, if unit attacked, deals 10 damage to target and foes within 2 spaces of target.
At start of combat, if foe’s HP < 100% and if foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range and unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack.

Basically she’s to be annoyance. Build for bulk with Bracing Stance and cause as much splash damage as she can. The idea coming from her prankster nature and that one FEH manga where she’s trying to trick Chrom into stepping on the lightning trap.

Priscilla

Anxiety Staff
inflicts panic and guard on foes within 2 spaces, if unit HP>50% unit gets +5 atk/spd and inflicts -5 atk/spd on foes within 3 spaces during combat calculates damage of staff like normal weapons.

I feel ashamed. I couldn’t even remember LIssa or Priscilla existed :sob: I did consider Nanna tho, but she technically is gen 2

3 Likes