The movepools for gen 6 have been added
It is subjext to change, but so far these are the winnners and losers from glancing over it:
Slurpuff & Aromatisse
- both got charm and draining kiss. Two more bulky charmers and draining kiss will likely get it’s affect sooner or later introduced, which results in HP getting restored. Furthermore Parabolic charge has also been added to the movepool to a few species, which is a move that has been in the game master for a while and no species got it. Said move restores the health of the user as well.
- it got Crabhammer. It has a solid attack, but obviously will be outclassed, but at least it got the move that makes it a viable variety pick.
- it got solid moves from both types. A variety pick, since there will be better choices, not to mention it will likely be very rare
- got charm and dazzling gleam. Play rough is better, but it will be a solid fairy attacker.
- it got Flying press without it being exclusive. Should find usage in pvp, combined with sky attack.
As a pvp attacker it is a winner eithout a doubt, as a pve attacker not so much. Low kick is a a very bad move and while flying press is off the charts good, it won’t be enough. Fingers pressed for a movepool update for karate chop.
- imagine it as a shuckle and azumarill mix. Rock and fairy, very defensive, very low attack, maxes at level 40 at 1467… Niantic didn’t give it charm(yet), but it got rock throw and rock slide. Steel types, as well as mudboys and fighting types will keep it in check, but it might end up being a very annoying oponent in many situations
- galarian stunkfisk 2.0 in many ways. fire punch will be spammy and offer more coverage to grass types, plus a single wekaness to grass types will be useful. The normal types gives a fighting weakness, but riolu might get it’s paws burnt with this rabbit. Also a double resistance to ghost can be quite useful, making short work of gengar, haunter and a certain other ghost which recieved a nerf, but it will still be useful.
- not a big winner yet, but the groundwork was done to make it good. It has snarl and Gust, both good fast moves that have STAB. The charge moves could be way better. It will get it’s signature move though, so it’s time to truly shine will come.
Yeah… no big winners here, all have some kind of drawback.
- It will be a solid water attacker and being a starter a CD will happen, this said, the dark type is in raids neglected. Night slash isn’t good. Dark pulse is a so-so move, but it’s strictly better.
- No surprise here, it can’t learn Charm in the MSG as of now and it seems Niantic didn’t really bother much regarding the charge moves as well
- It has a solid attack stat, although quite outclassed by stats alone from both typings. This said, it’s movepool leaves a lot to be desired. No fighting type wants to be stuck with Low Kick. Similarly, no dark type wants to be stuck with Night slash. It can learn Karate chop, Foul play, Focus Blast, Superpower in the MSG, all of which would be improvements
Niantic seems to be more aiming for PvP regarding the movepool and good luck to those who will try it. Double weak to fairy isn’t a good thing to be there and no ammounts of bullet punches will help you with that.
- The Pokemon from the MSG that got a reputation in pvp for being very annoying and hard to beat, both due to it’s typing and ability. Niantic seems to have none of this, since it didn’t give it Shadow claw, but gave it Furry Cutter and Psyco cut, leaving it quite vulnurable to other ghosts, dark types and plenty of other things depenfing on how many shields it has. Night slash is spammy, but this won’t lie up to the MSG infamy, at least for now. This said, it will still be a tough oponent, so get your dark types ready.
- It wasn’t going to shake up things. But no rock fast move despite learning Smack Down? No water charge move, despite learning Surf in the MSG? Why?
- the movepool is a mess, but that’s not it’s main problem here. It does get powder snow and weather ball ice, however it’s defensive stats won’t make it good for raids. As of pvp, it’s typing is among the worst regarding that. Not only does it have two crippling double weaknesses to Fighting & Steel, it also has 4 other weakneses, which include the ever so common grass, ground and water users, as well as the now very common rock slide coverage move… It might shine in very limited type specific cups, but otherwise this be Abomasnow with worse resistances.
- Same typing as mawile and same bad original moves as mawile. Being locked in france might mean it won’t see redemption
- bad stats and bad moves will make this a even worse dragon attacker than flygon.
- almost certainly to be subject to change, due to it’s plethora of forms. As of now, it’s only stab move is Dragon tail. Due to being more on the bulky side, it would be of more use in pvp, but it’s fast moves leave a lot to be desired.
The biggest loser:
- Fast moves: Tackle, Zen Headbutt
Charge moves: Moonblast, Megahorn, Close Combat, Giga Impact, Thunder
Yeah, we need a new fairy fast move. No, we don’t need random charge moves and tackle and zen headbutt. Plus Moonblast? It can learn both Dazzling Gleam and Play rough. This is even worse than the ho-oh fiasco.