General OC art learning and sharing thread

Basically, a thread to share art tutorials references, and whatever else fits under the umbella of learning and discussion so people can make art. Feel free to post what you make so long as it doesn’t break GP’s TOS

Feel free to submit tutorials and topics to talk about

There is nothing in the bottom section, but RN, this is to give ideas how the tutorials section will be, feel free to post tutorials, and I’ll add them to main post

(Click the topics bellow to view currently nonexistent tutorials)

Drawing for beginners

“Manga style” video tutorials

Drawing: Traditional media

This text will be hidden

Drawing: Digital

Inkscape tutorial playlist

Blender

This text will be hidden

Crafting

This text will be hidden

Cosplay

This text will be hidden

Music

Yale Music theory class playlist

18 Likes

First.
Thanks Flower~

13 Likes

Hello I am here to deliver art tutorials

Anyway, I was looking for character art tutorials, lots of nice places you can go look but 2 artists I think are really great for tips are:

Alphonso Dunn – for general art tips (tho he hasn’t uploaded in a bit) – got a lot of help in beginning anatomy and starting to figure stuff out:

How to Draw Tips | The 5 STAGES of a Drawing - YouTube

Also Marc Brunet, the guy does really good art vids and has shorts about body parts in anatomy, but most of all has great tips on staying motivated and improving on art

So basically, just take your time learning stuff, and don’t feel too bad if your art isn’t that great. Just plugging away at it each day helps, and keep yourself healthy, rest well, and don’t forget to have fun y’know

7 Likes

@smoothbrains @Flower_Hermit I have made a skull (from reference cuz I ain’t built like that yet)

The massive blotch on the side of his head was due to my carelessness but one day Jeremy will get a story of his own Skullification

4 Likes

SKULL YEAH BROTHER

who knows maybe he was skeletized from getting knocked on the side of the head

3 Likes