Gil Caster & Helena Caster?

I was trying to summon Quezcotal but was gifted these babies. I was wondering if I should invest in them?

I use Merlin and El-Melloi a lot and invested quite a bit of time on them. Should I work on these servants too?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

You got a great gift. Arguably more useful than Quetz herself.

I’d prioritize Helena if gameplay is a top concern. CasGil is great, but Helena is a better generalist and carries a party NP charge and has had an NP Interlude. She does one important thing that Merlin and Waver cannot - she can clear waves, especially most first waves, while buffing and feeding NP to her party.

CasGIl can wave clear but is most often valued as an Arts crit support. Can sub for Tamamo fairly well if you don’t have her or need the team-wide buffs instead of buffs for a single Servant.

9 Likes

Coincidentally, these exact two happen to be my main supports currently, and they have definitely helped a lot. Helena is pretty great and I user her a lot more than Gil, but if I understand this right and you have Merlin and Waver, they probably do her job better.

Cas Gil on the other hand, is great in arts/crit-based team. His skills have long cooldowns so you gotta time them, but his combination of buffs have helped me do back to back NPs with a few servants. People also often overlook his NP but it does have a fairly useful defense buff. Also, he himself can generate a good number of crit stars when his buffs are up with his arts cards and NP.

2 Likes

:partying_face: I’ll second @Gou, you got great spooks! I can’t stress enough how useful team support with wave clearing capability is for 3T comps, especially if you want to avoid using plugsuit /waver /arash. Helena’s np damage vs neutral for a caster is surprisingly good, especially when her s2 lands.

CasGil is also lots of fun, but more specifically in arts crit teams. So if you have saberlot, Holmes, Hokusai or other arts crit teams, he’s your golden boi support. Also pairs well with Robin hood when you need to overcome magic resistance for guaranteed poison (looking at you salter) or other debuffs you can’t afford to miss. Besides, he’s got a costume inbound next month :grin:

Edit: and Helena has been doing okay as a skadi shadow. No skadi or mlb kscope, but My zerkalot is np3 so can squeek by with a bit less np gain, especially if Helena clears w1

5 Likes

For challenge quest in an Arts Team you can put Caster Gil in the front line if you have Poster Girl on him. Buff your party, let him die (this is really important step!), and from the back line will come your other support.

Profit.

5 Likes

Helena is really great, and has been a key figure in a lot of my grinding (especially since i don’t have a Waver or Merlin, and only got a Tamamo and Skadi this past week) Definitely worth investing in.

2 Likes

You guys are awesome! Thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ll second this sentiment. You got the heroes you deserve, even if not the heroes you want.

4 Likes

Prioritize Helena, not only a great support, she has one of the hardest hitting AoE NP among casters, only Nero and Sieg (Because NP5) hit harder (and she surpasesses NP5 Sieg at NP2).

2 Likes

Yeah, Helena is fine I guess and will very often have a little something valuable to bring to any table.

What ? Were any of you expecting something else here ?

inhales deeply

{"Frankly these people DON'T EVEN BEGIN to describe the joy that is
HELENAAAAAAAAA !!!" ;}

Or maybe they do. A little. Not enough.

2 Likes

Something else that is pretty great about Helena is her bond CE. I’ll often run a team of her, Anastasia, and any other AOE Caster and just mow through nodes. It gives a party wide 20% attack buff against Assassins. The only mild drawback is the amount of black beast grease you’ll spend on her, but that is often available in event stores.

1 Like

Helena works well in every team, not only art team as casGil.
Also her NP dmg is better post interlude, in lucky case, skill 2 boost her NP dmg passed SSR.

1 Like

If you already have Waver, then I’d say invest in Cas Gil as he will help generate a lot of stars. I can link you to a video on why he isn’t as bad as people say he is, in terms of support. If you would like the video

1 Like

Cas Gil can generate stars, so he could be used in any team. Stars will always be useful, otherwise what’s the point in quick/stars

2 Likes

Stars are kind of useless for a lot of daily content, so the crown goes to Helena here (although she does have a very modest passive star gen).

I like CasGil very well, but Helena is definitely more useful even when you already have premium supports. I’d only focus CasGil first if I dearly wanted to run more Arts teams and lacked dedicated support.

2 Likes

casgil feels satisfying to use with likes of saberlot and squirtoria. He allows you to np back to back thanks to his arts and crit buffs. Helena caster is a great wave 1 clearer and %20 battery giver.

1 Like