Gilgamesh or Eresh

I’m completely f2p so I can’t really get my Hopes up too high and try to summon both. By the gil banner I’ll effectively have 300 plus sq and around 15ish tickets. By Eresh I’ll probably have around 360ish thanks to login bonuses and salem so chances are going to be slightly higher.
If you ask me to go for the one I like more I honestly can’t decide, I think I like both equally. So I’ll ask which one do you think I need the least.
For archers I have-Artoria, Ishtar, Emiya Alter, Nobu, Helena
For Lancers-Karna, Vlad, Raikou, Artoria Alter, Jeane

Gameplay wise I’d say Gil is better but since you have Ishtar I’d suggest pulling for Eresh. His NP is insanely good and he has nice skills to match, while Eresh has nice AOE damage and a nice support kit. Ishtar could fill Gil’s role to an extent but I don’t think any of your lancers atm have the support capability Eresh has

4 Likes

purely based on gameplay, gil

eresh is nice, but from what I can tell , is also just another variant of aoe farming lancers. of which the lancer class has plenty of other notable options already for

2 Likes

Ishtar pretty much covers the Archer AoE needs in your roster, so I say the latter, Eresh would be best if gameplay-context is our deciding factor.

Edit: Eresh also has that 50% battery for farming more smoothly so that might be something else to consider.

3 Likes

You already have good AoE archer and Lancer options. I genuinely dont think that Eresh or GIl would add much value to your roster. Save up and roll for characters that actually help your roster.

Eresh has battery and support but her damage is pitiful. She hits like 19K neutral with full self buffs, aka not enough to clear hands. Ishtar is a better famer than Gil, but Gil is a way better CQ archer. Theyll both be returning next year anyway so missing them now isnt exactly a big deal.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t one have dedicated berserker/advantage based teams for those farming sessions?

I’m not sure if I would use that metric, though I can see how the low ATK stat would become problematic for higher HP event-enemies.

1 Like

Honestly, if we’re taking gameplay, Gilgamesh + Lartoria > Rinfaces imo.

Gil is just so versatile, has really perfect Merlin synergy, and most of his damage comes from his NP (unlike Ishtar, who requires stars + draws and therefore a certain amount of RNG).

Lartoria is our best farming lancer until Skadi comes and Parvati is queen.

But as always, personal preference > gameplay

My suggestion is to roll for Eresh now since Gil gets quite a few more rate ups while Eresh only gets 1 more (so far).

2 Likes

I was wondering about this too, but I figured someone would research it and point it out.

1 Like

Gameplay: Gil
Waifu: Eresh
I use the M-word SQs for Gil tbh because i want to go hard on x-mas lottos and i need someone to use for 3T with support merlin.
I’ll just throw tickets and single rolls i’ll get from shimosa frees for kirakira smile

1 Like

give me more of that 24 hour maintenance, tbh

3 Likes

As people have said, you already have Ishtar for AOE Archer, so I’d say Ereshkigal between the two. She does provide AOE Lancer damage, yes, but her exclusive support skill and Noble Phantasm effects are what make her a unique asset. So focus on her third skill and NP effect and see if it’s worth having.

1 Like

Thats true. Eresh is definitely still useable. I was just trying to put in to perspective how bad her damage is. She has the weakest 3rd NP damage out of ALL AOE lancers (Valk and Nezha have the 2nd lowest and lowest damage respectively). Even NP 1 Fionn hits harder NP than Eresh… Which is pretty sad. Her low damage definitely affects her farming efficacy. I used her as a wave 2 clearer to 3T Christmas lotto 2018 on JP, and she was kinda unreliable at that because there was a beefy midboss. I just had to pray for a brave chain and/or crits.

1 Like

Eresh’s ATK being even lower than Enkidu’s hurts. Her NP is going to hit like a wet noodle unless you whale her.

If you want an AoE lancer option, there are others out there that perform better with less investment, as Aylmeow said. Her competition is pretty strong, so for me Eresh is a character loyalty pick, not as much a gameplay pick.

Gil maintains his niche of strong neutral farmer with a broadly anti-Servant NP. And is best mean husbando.

2 Likes

If your going for both i would say go for Eresh first as Gil has plenty of future rate ups. Eresh has only gotten 2 in jp so far. IMO tho since you alrdy have Ishtar, you don’t rly need gil but only if you have no special feelings for gil. Same for Eresh since you alrdy have Karna. Gameplaywise they both do different things. Gil is a great farmer and CQ clearer with great np charge, gain, and nice oc effect. Eresh is not exactly a farmer unless np2 or 3+ but she is more of a support as she has a skill with massively good buffs on a 6t cooldown that keep the team alive much longer if you have someone to block nps and she can keep herself very alive as well. She also has super massive np gain on her art card along with her 3rd skill with np gain up can make her 3rd skill atk buff stack with np spam. If used right she can be super good for CQs. both are pretty good

2 Likes

Yeah yeah, the obligatory “roll for whoever you like better”.

In terms of gameplay, however, there is zero competition between Ereshkigal and Gilgamesh: the latter is far better. Unequivocally. Nobody delete mongrels from the game better.

3 Likes

Eresh has competition with Lartoria, who herself has strong competition from Paru post-Skadi far as optimized farm comp goes (I’d even say outright better). Gil is top-tier still to this day.

1 Like

parvati?

Yes. She says to call her Par in the Trial Quest but just saying “Paru” rolls off the tongue more nicely for me.

2 Likes

I call her pair

or pear

1 Like

Gameplay wise Gil is far better as a unit due to his busted ass NP, Amazing skill set, great hit counts and stats but you do already have Ishtar who can fill his role quite nicely (and even surpass his damage in certain set ups).

Eresh works as a janky support/ farming unit which though you do have Lalter, Janta and Karna to fill the farming role none of them have the 50% battery that she has.

I’d go Eresh just because you have Ishtar who fulfills the role that Gil fills and also has plenty of rate ups in the future so If you want him you can just roll later.

1 Like