Go Battle: Block Charge Move without a shield? How?

How do you block a charge move in PvP without using a shield? Someone did this against me. I want to know how to do it. I used fire punch agaist Skarmory and it did no damage. I assumed my opponent used a shield but he still used 2 later in the battle and I lost because of it.

If your Pokemon was at very low health it’s possible they got a fast move in just before you hit your charge move. The game still triggers the charge move minigame but doesn’t actually do any damage because your Pokemon had 0 HP.

If this wasn’t the case, it was a bug.

1 Like

I think it s reference to the new layout. Right when a charged move is thrown, sometimes a player switches their Pokemon. Visually the new Pokemon appears to have taken no damage after the minigame swiping, however, in fact the previous pokemon actually took the damage. Nothing sneaky about this or advantageous, purely cosmetic.

3 Likes

My mon did faint right after; so I guess that this is possible. These were both lead pokemon; so it wasn’t switching related

I thought this only happens in TR battles? in PvP/GBL, if fast move got in and you faint, it won’t go into mini game. If a 2, 3, or 4-turn fast move starts and you use a charge move (and goes into minigame), damage from charge move would count first, then the fast move on you counts after charge move.

When I saw the title, I thought OP was talking about that third shield bug caused by lag. There are many youtube videos about this when you search third shield. It happens when one or both side lags for 5+ seconds, then charge move animation plays and opponent doesn’t get damaged. I don’t believe there’s a way to purposely cause this to happen. It has happened on both sides in my experience and i did nothing to trigger it.

2 Likes

I also haven’t seen that in PvP. The new appearance as @devshaw pointed out bugged me a bit. But yea, could definitely also be a lag-related third shield, or why not?

I have, did it to me last night. Threw my charge move but it retrospectively fainted me. It was razor thin health so I’ve no complaints.

Maybe Lag? Sometimes it dont register your tapped bubbles and do almost no dmg.