GP Newsletter 8 (2.5.20) - This Passing Shadow

Hello, everyone. Impulse here with my last Newsletter to the Community. It’s been a bit since the last one - thanks to everyone for being patient. I’ll be covering a variety of topics including some QoL updates (shout-out to Mafia folks), our new Moderators, and the future of our forum.

New Forum Moderators
Current Bug List
Forum Administration Update
Forum QoL Updates

You all are great.

– Justin

55 Likes
  • Minimum PM post length reduced from 10 to 5.
  • Should be easier to send emoji as responses now.
  • PM post limit increased from 500 to 3000.
  • Now your Mafia team chats won’t auto-close after only 2 hours!
  • Maximum PM recipients increased from 30 to 100.
  • In case for some reason you need ginormous subscription lists or something.
  • Maximum PM’s per day increased from 30 to 50.
  • Good luck, Mafia hosts.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Also, congrats @RoyAhoy, @lordhelpme, and @Flower_Hermit

25 Likes

Life is taking me on a different path, and I will not have the ability to be as active here as I should be. My final duties will be training up the new moderators, trying to get bugs fixed, and fulfill any last requests from you guys. I’ll still be around in chat threads and such in the future, so this isn’t a goodbye or anything.

:catcry:

25 Likes

On February 7th, 2020, I’ll be stepping down as Forum Administrator for GP Forums.

Nuuuuu Impulse, what would we do without you :catcry:
Jokes aside, take care. You’ve already done so much for this community. It’s been such a great ride, and I’m sure all of us in all of the GP communities will miss you. :feh_birbpeek:
Life is always more important. Good luck in all of your future endeavors :feh_hridexcited:

23 Likes

We’re losing Pulsicles???
Nooooooo
:catcry:

13 Likes

Also, congrats to the new mods! (I won’t ping you guys again, Shinx just pinged you guys already) :feh_legion:
Always nice to see lots & lots of people step up to the leadership role of being a mod. I’m sure it’s difficult work. :feh_birbpeek:

Hopefully all those bugs get fixed soon :bug:

13 Likes

Gratz to all the new mods! (Mod Roy pog)

And the QoL changes are appreciated!

On February 7th, 2020, I’ll be stepping down as Forum Administrator for GP Forums.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But it’s understandable, you do you man, and hope things go great for you! And yeah, glad you’ll still be here haha.

16 Likes

Will somebody else be stepping up as the Forum Administrator?

13 Likes

Hot buns are done!

15 Likes

At the moment, there is no plan that Nick has in place - as a result, he’ll be taking up that mantle for now.

15 Likes

Rin’s giving birth to her child!
Yay :) Remind me what the name will be

8 Likes

Will you still give Efi updates?

7 Likes

First off, welcome ya schmucks @lordhelpme @Flower_Hermit @RoyAhoy. Hope you enjoy the moderator position!

Secondly, regarding the titles, categories, and tags… Titles should be able to be changed. It’s categories and tags that are the issue. A moderator has to change the category if need be(If you spot one in the wrong spot, especially in the FEH section, don’t be afraid to @ me), however tags are a different matter. From what I’ve seen tags can only be modified by the OP. The loophole moderators have to use to change categories doesn’t include tags so we’re stuck like any other user.

Lastly, we’ll miss ya Impulse. I know you aren’t leaving, but stepping down is a big thing regardless. It was nice having you around but I hope everything works out for ya.

21 Likes

If I remember to take pictures of her!

12 Likes

hEY
You can’t be having two gay mods, that’s Bow’s job

15 Likes

But mods are gay :feh_morganagrom:

12 Likes

@RoyAhoy is a mod?

This is a lot to take in

17 Likes

Just the idea of GP without Impulse residing over us all seems creepy to me, but I suppose it was bound to happen at some point :/
You better play some Mafia games

15 Likes

i’ll miss you honey (even tho we don’t actually talk on here) @Impulse

19 Likes

so wait is hiphiparray managing the emoji thread and watching over us all now?

4 Likes