Grail/Command Codes for Abigail Williams? (Not the summer version)

I have 2 doubts:
The first one was to know if it’s worth giving Abigail grails, she’s the only Foreigner I have and I already have her maxed out, I would only be missing some golden Fous. I have 33 grails, but I’m saving them for Jalter, Castoria, Morgan and Koyanskaya (in the future).
And the second is that Command Codes are perfect for her.

You want lvl 120 all of them ???

1 Like

Not all of them, only Jalter and Morgan, and if I have nothing to do, the other 2. But I won’t do them normally, I’ll wait for those events that give you X2

Abby’s main weaknesses are a lack of hard survival and low NP gain, especially against the Berserkers she commonly wants to fight.

NP gain: Mage of Flowers (on an Arts), Inexperienced Fantasy’s Command Seal on Arts if you typically use her in teams rather than solo.

Stargen/weight: Crimson-Hearted Liege’s Command Seal on her Buster is actually pretty good, as Foreigners have decent starweight. Holy Night’s Aurora or Crest of Humanity might go on her third Arts, or toss on a Glitter if you have already used those.

Utility: White Vessel’s Command Seal or Cure are always good when necessary; put one on her Quick if you don’t typically touch that one unless you need to clear a debuff.

5 Likes

Try here:

2 Likes

Objectively Abby is not an excellent gameplay choice for heavy investment, but any Servant is worth it if you like them enough and will use them.

Just don’t go crazy with her if the biggest reason is her class, because Foreigner itself isn’t that great. It’s the kits and internals that make some Foreigners good, not their superfluous offensive advantage vs. Berserkers and the rare fellow Foreigner. Resisting Berserker damage is also not as cool as it sounds.

4 Likes

MHXX throws that nonsense in the lake.

The innate ability to not get taken out by an errant Berserker Crit is amazing. She was a superstar in multiple boss fights for LB3 and LB4.

some benefits may not apply to Abigail Williams

1 Like

MHXX is good because she’s built well. Having defensive advantage vs. Berserkers is rarely worth writing home about.

4 Likes

Berserkers are amazing early when your options are limited and your supports are virtually non-existent. They get outdone in most cases once you get solid AoE options and good Supports to go with them. I still stand Foreigners because there are still several Berserker bosses for which they’re great to have(looking at you LB3), and in some cases they still have solid applications like XX’s anti-saber damage and Abby’s buff removal before damage.

In truth Foreigners need to be easier to get in the game since early-game is when they’re actually the best and I believe there’s only one free Foreigner at the moment with the rest being Limited Servants.

2 Likes

If you have any foreigner who isn’t abby, from a gameplay perspective, you should grail them, not abby.

But grail for love, grailing for gameplay is stupid.

5 Likes

Berserkers are great. Foreigner is arguably the least advantageous base class since there are so few Berserker fights where defense is a factor. To be clear, this has nothing at all to do with individual Servant perks, like Abby’s buff removal.

I do like that Foreigners have an innate tendency to crit, and criticizing the Foreigner class is a far cry from calling Foreigner Servants bad. It’s like how Moon Cancer is a fairly pointless class that happens to contain a uniquely useful Servant like BB Summer.

3 Likes

That’s the problem. Foreingers aren’t good because they’re foreigners. They are held up by kits. Every single unit except mash has x2 adv against zerks, so it’s not really unique.

As for defensive adv, you could honestly structure your team in a way that doesn’t require the dps getting hit. I spam pg strats all the time, leading to me honestly forgetting that I’m even using a forina.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point I’ve been making, yes :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I didn’t backroad, whoops :catroll:

3 Likes

Not always possible which is where your Foreigners tend to shine. Not saying they’re the best class, but I also wouldn’t call them the least useful. Only reason I got through LB2 as a newbie with all those fucking giants is thanks to the XX I pulled for in the original Summer 3 since there was no way in hell I could loop at that point in time. They definitely benefit early rosters the most since early on a rogue Berserker crit can end your run, but they also have uses for vets still. As Gou said if we’re going for the absolutely worst classes on just a class basis both Moon Cancer and Avenger(stand outs like Dantes and Spishtar not withstanding, they’re good because they loop) are worse given how few Rulers and Avengers we actually fight.

Still really need a 3* Foreigners in the FP Gacha. The me from 16 months ago could have really used that…

3 Likes

In fairness, the same is true of almost every Extra class bar Ruler. Most of them get little if any benefit from their class, aside from not encountering enemies with defensive advantage too often. Avengers probably get the most, between their 1.1x attack and small passive regen, but honestly I’d rate Foreigner, just based on its class characteristics, the third best of the Extras on account of their natural star weight complementing their innate Existence Outside the Domain passive nicely. Moon Cancers, Alter Egos and now Pretenders get very little that isn’t balanced out with some sort of equivalent drawback.

To the point though, Abby isn’t good as burst. She’s quite a competent staller, since she’ll naturally nestle between two supports with full Arts decks (like Jeanne/Merlin) and can get consistent Arts chains (and, depending on your shell, NP regen from a Merlin or a Tamamo) that mostly patches her shoddy native NP gain. She’s
decent as a semi-support too, offering NP up and more passive regen to a second DPS, but again you’re not really seeing returns off that unless the turn count goes over 10. Unless you’re a fan of long, drawn-out fights, Abby isn’t worth the investment.

5 Likes

“Least useful” doesn’t mean “all of these Servants are bad.”

Foreigners have, in my opinion, the least useful class advantage relationship since they have both offensive advantage and defense disadvantage against their own class along with the standard offensive advantage vs. Berserkers and also defensive advantage against them. Having defensive advantage against the biggest punching bag enemies in the entire game is rarely useful since, again, there are few fights vs. Berserkers that can’t be resolved quickly.

Other Extra classes have a version of this except that they enjoy broader basic benefits, like Rulers’ wide defensive advantage + x1.1 ATK modifier.

The point is here is that Abigail would need to have a strong kit and internals to be a more attractive grail choice for anything other than pure character love since her class isn’t helping her that much. It’s not like a Berserker, where you can grail almost any of them and end up with some noticeable and broadly applicable improvement.

4 Likes

Anyway, I wasn’t going to give grails to anyone, I would treat everyone the same, but in a certain way I ‘loved’ Abi so I didn’t know if I was going to do the right thing or not. And the other one is Jalter Avenger, which I’m determined to give her grails for the simple fact that she’s my waifu, but I haven’t taken her out yet.
Then I’ve seen some videos that give grails to Castoria instead of Skadi, generating another conflict to know who to give and who not to give, or maybe to both.

Grailing Castoria or Skadi is a love choice. There’s no real point to grailing supports unless you’re doing it to mark them as favorites.

4 Likes

Supports are the worst units to grail. Easily. I wouldn’t do it, even if I liked them. The lower the health, funnily enough, the better.

4 Likes