Grinding Heroic Ordeals?

I’m tempted to farm some dragon flowers out of the gen 2 4* units lying around my barracks. My idea is to use crystals/ grinding to maybe get them to lv 30 (to save time and resource), throw them into the ordeal with their default skills learned and let the support unit do most of the work while the 4* unit just land the finishing blow.

Would that work? And what sort of unit/what skill would support the best?

Uh, what do you want to know? That works, yeah.
Just use a good support unit. I use S!Berkut a lot.

1 Like

I just wanted to know if a 4* Lv 30 would have any chances against a Lv 40 with decent support, basically

For buffing dancers, I have L!Azura and Peony, but neither of them can take a hit. I’m thinking maybe a bulky pain+SB staff would be helpful?

2 Likes

Depends on the book they’re from.
Book 1 are easy peasy.
Book 2 are doable, especially with the daily bonus.
Book 3 and 4 you probably want level 40 though.

1 Like

Just don’t let them get hit…

4 Likes

Its easier for gen 1 unit, my plan is level them to 20 and deploy it with Peony. Just dance them every turn. Lvl 40 enemy will be harder though

4 Likes

L!Azura’s buff are dumb dumb so just play smart if you end up using her

2 Likes

oki that’s good to know

I mean… just try it out?
Replaying the stages doesn’t cost anything, so just do it I guess

3 Likes

The more you level them up the better but older units might have it easier than newer ones, since you have L!Azura use her, the team is of two so her [Atk Tactic 3] will always work even if the required unit is a flier, I recommend you use the daily stat boost on a harder map or a recent unit you don’t want to work on (it’s still preferable to take them to Lv.40).

Still, some maps have required me to bring a slightly stronger unit to weaken foes for the trial unit to finish them off at least twice, it’s trial and error — I encourage trying different set ups as you go because you don’t lose stamina or the bonus by entering and giving up to try again

3 Likes

Just tried Lv 23 Saias with L!Azura, he’s having some trouble even with DB3 seal, oh well.

Hmmmmm

I dunno. Maybe just try it out and see, the maps don’t cost anything. If it doesn’t work just level the unit a couple more levels until it does work

3 Likes

In that case you’ll likely need to give him a few more level ups (there are ways without using stamina if that’s a concern — such places can be [Rival Domains], some of the weekly special maps…), he just doesn’t have enough stats, the seal is good specially if upgraded
:+1:

3 Likes

Ok sounds good. Just for clarifying, L!Azura is nearly as good as buffing can get, right?

2 Likes

She IS the buff, well almost. she gives +4 to every stat and you could give her ____ tactics for her c and s to get some other stats that you choose to +6

Yeah

With a hone 4 she grants +7 to all which is max I think

With just a tactic she grants +6 to each which is pretty much max

Even with just a dance buffing skill she grants +5 to all which is still good, +2 compared to Peony and +1 even on Marth’s Fire Emblem

Not to mention the extra range

4 Likes

She can give +6 to all stats just with atk tactic, and with a tier 4 hone/fortify she gives +7 to all stats so… most likely? Although she cant give spurs like Peony, shes probably better for heroic ordeals since you want to keep the unit and the dancer close anyway so the spur still isn’t as good as +6 to all stats

3 Likes

Wait… ALL STATS?!? NANI

You know what her weapon does right

2 Likes