GUDAGUDA Imperial Capital Grail Challenge Quest - Heavenly Demon's Thundering Descent Run Thread

blah blah what the title says blah blah i’m lazy blah blah description

Guide:

9 Likes

Thanking you for taking the time and effort to both make this thread and provide a most useful link for the CQ. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

i usually wait to make it until i notice our gods and saviors over at gamepress release the guide. but it’s no effort and i know people, myself included, like showing off their stuff.

1 Like

Yeeaaa I might just CS cheese this cause I just don’t care enough to make a normal attempt (not like I use the CS on anything else)

1 Like

I feel almost overwhelmed by options on this.

1 Like

I’m thinking Li Shuwen, sanzang, jack, and ozy with support merlin, probably with plugsuit. That sounds like a really expensive team though…so might have to go with circe and kintoki/Ryouma for cost reasons

1 Like

Gonna do a Ryōma Setup, as soon as I can reach the damn thing. Still getting to section 8.

1 Like

I can try break 1st with Karna/Cú and after line up die, support Okitan NP5 come with David/Mash and do the rest, lol.

1 Like

It’s not open yet, got to get past the timelock and finish the main quest first. That’s 3 days and a few hours from now at the earliest.

4 Likes

'Kay then

I’ll get through the main quest and post my CQ run when it’s out.

4 Likes

Why medea isnt recommended as caster damage dealer? She can clear debuffs and got bonus damage from event

1 Like

Probably because even in the best circumstances her damage suffers from Perpetual Potato, and if you assume certain conditionals (e.g. Black Grail), that makes her competition look even better.

1 Like

That line sounds legit plausible. Especially, since Okitan has 100% event bonus like Ryouma. The main problem is surviving long enough to reach the last 2 Servant classes, as the 1st 2 have a 3 charge NP bar. That and Nobu has a way to charge her NP too, so she could surprise NP you like Gil sometimes does if you fail to one shot him on Archer dailies.

1 Like

Humu! I would be remiss not to say that even I like to show off my stuff sometimes.

1 Like

Remember if you clear def up by Medea NP, Nobbu will be angry and buff dmg up, critical up that will destroy line up faster than her NP.

4 Likes

Here’s my planned setup for the CQ. Ideally, what will happen is SherlockNP-MHXA NP-mhxa arts that crits for the first turn using a support waver. Swap in the second waver for the second turn then recharge np. I’m not sure if its’ possible for me to loop np thrice using this setup, but ideally, kinrider should come out on the last break bar and finish nobu off. Might have to shuffle ce’s and stuff.

5 Likes

That and why isn’t Tristan recommended as an enemy buff cleanser?

That is a very smart idea using Sherlock NP to get past Nobu Def buffs. Should make melting her much easier.

That and you avoid making her angry like the Hulk when you remove her Brynhild Beloved Def buffs lol!

2 Likes

Yep! Aside from the defense pierce, the NP will also deal a nice def down on nobu as well further enhancing attack. MHXA being a berserker and having bonus damage also strengthens the case to use her for this CQ as well imo.

Hopefully, it works well in practice lol

1 Like

First thing to do is Li 4T with no SSR support, that’s why I’ve been asking for support Rider Martha.

As for solos…meh. This is a fight L1 Mash can solo and I don’t think I can top that. If I have time after Li 4T I might do a Berserker Vlad solo, it’s not everyday there’s something Vlad can solo.

2 Likes