Guess I made it in time

Tried again for Lethe today and got with +150 orbs pitied two times.

First by Olwen and then by Ranulf.

Of course…the last circle when I only could yolo summon I had two greens…thanks to Yune I chose the right one…

@MrShinyGyarados
@af1899
@L_Arafrench
@Someone_Person

Yes I’m glad I got one in the end but oh god…getting the tenth copy of her was really tough and at least Ranulf will find his use.

One more to go but uhhh…time is running out…

EDIT:

Yes I made it in time! Bought some orbs today and tried my luck. Got my last copy with 14 orbs on 3.00 rate so I didn’t even needed them. Guess they will probably be used for the anniversary then. ^^ I’m so happy! Got my first +10 merged seasonal in FEH! :smile:

IS can you fix flashing blade and also make it useable for cavs and fliers please???

I’m also highly tempted for going on Tibarn and Nailah on todays banner but Tibarn shared with a red unit I only want for fodder is a big no for me and I really need to recover.

Besides, I’m honestly quite fine for my Tibarn he is at the moment.

21 Likes

Only have one copy of her right now…
I used 400 orbs for her OG version but didn’t get a single merges :sob:

1 Like

Thats unfortunate. :slightly_frowning_face: Red is known as one of the awful color snipings, but not getting a single one with 400 orbs is really bad luck. I hope your luck come back next time.

Out of curiosity, why is Red historically a bad color to snipe when going for banner heroes? On banners with Red focus heroes, you have some manner of split chance (3% 5* Focus/3% 5* on normal banners) but the chance is not different based on color. For banners with Red color sharing I can understand that, but not for 3- or 4-color focus banners without color sharing.

Also, good luck getting that last merge!

Because there are more red units than other colors, making players typically spend more orbs on 3-4 star reds because they show up more often. Also, red is the color most likely to pity break you since most 5 stars are reds. So overall, you spend more orbs sniping red than any other color.

1 Like

I don’t understand that logic when it applies to sniping Red banner heroes. You have separate split odds to get a 5* Focus or a 5*, right? No amount of non-banner Reds can mess with those odds. So if I’m trying to pull, for instance, Idunn on a skill focus banner and she’s sharing the banner with two other non-Red heroes, I have a base chance of 3% per Red orb to pull Idunn, and 3% chance to pull any random 5* from the current Red summoning pool. It doesn’t matter how large the pool for the latter is, I have the same chance of getting Idunn as I do another banner hero. This has made sense mathematically on average for me when I have pulled for banner heroes.

1 Like

In theory, yes. But take the other pools into account. The game first selects a rarity based on your current percentage, then picks a unit in that rarity. Red is the most likely color to be chosen from any non focus rarity, period. So you’ll spend more orbs on 3-4 star reds as well as off focus ones, statistically.

The focus units themselves all have the same chance of showing up, sure. But that’s provided the focus pool is chosen by the game’s RNG in the first place. Every unit in every pool has the same chance of being chosen, and since there are more reds than other colors, red will be chosen the most.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand spending more orbs on Red heroes that are 3-4* and off-focus. That’s an unfortunate side effect of color-specific summoning pool saturation. I just think it’s a pitfall to generally state that trying to snipe Red on banners is worse than other colors, when the odds of doing so are identical to other colors on those same banners if you’re going for a banner hero (which is why you’re trying to snipe on that banner in the first place).

Not really a pitfall. In fact, it’s a pitfall to assume you’d spend the same amount of orbs per color, as that’s false. I could tell someone the chances of each 5 star focus is 0.75% (which is true), but that’s misleading them into believing that if they want any particular focus, they have an equal chance to get them when they don’t. If they don’t snipe and don’t look at colors and pull everything, sure, the odds could be considered identical. But when sniping, it’s not due to the amount of orbs you’ll be spending.

I could confirm you that its actually bad though just of my summons which are mostly red

It’s difficult to classify,since you CAN get very lucky with reds,but there are so many red pitybreakers that it’s natural to think that the red pool is the worst.

As an example, on the latest Link Skills banner, with Kaden Adrift Camilla and Nina (?), it took me roughly 575 orbs to get 9 Adrift Camilla’s for the +10.

But yet, on this new year banner, it took me way over 500 orbs to get a SINGLE New Year Camilla merge.

It’s always a ‘’case-by-case’’ scenario.

3 Likes

I’m typically lucky on red, but yeah. Definitely a case by case thing. I’d definitely be an outlier if anyone were collecting data.

bruh, highkey depression

3 Likes

I’m very sorry, Lain :pensive:

3 Likes

Agree to disagree then. I see it very clearly as a pitfall when stated generally. Obviously math odds exist, but that doesn’t make Red worse to specifically snipe for vs any other color. Pool size per color means nothing if you are specifically trying to snipe for a banner hero.

Now if you want best bang for your orbs, yes, Red is the most cluttered pool. So your odds of getting any particular Red hero from any banner (excluding the focus hero) is lower. But this doesn’t apply to color sniping whatsoever, outside of color sharing.

I also don’t believe red is necessarily the worst color. For what I’ve read, red statistically gives higher chance to get a 5 star, which is good, but also more likely to bring you a non-focus 5* one, which is bad.

Oh god I’m so happy!!

@MrShinyGyarados
@af1899
@L_Arafrench
@Someone_Person

Didn’t wanted to open another one so I just edited my topic on the start. ^^

Now I really have to vote for her on the next VG! :smirk_cat:

3 Likes

The left side bracket will be fine no matter what happens. It’s time to support Lethe in going fox hunting! :feh_reinyes:

1 Like

Yeah lets take down the fox and the yeti or rabbit in round 2 afterwards. :feh_royyes:

1 Like

Oh yes, let’s go Lethe! :feh_royyes:

1 Like