Guinivere or Pent?

Want to pick up either Guinivere or Pent from Hall of Forms but can’t decide. Looking for suggestions on which one will be better in the long term. My Pent is +4 while Guinivere is +0. These are my skills for Guinivere from the current Hall of Forms. Would do a poll but don’t really know how to. Thanks for suggestions in advance.

2 Likes

Gunt.

1 Like

Don’t I wish there was a character with both their skills. Wouldn’t be a debate then

It’s a tough call because Pent offers pretty unique support (and one that can be stacked with the right team setup) while Guinevere is one of only two forms of tome effectiveness, and the only really good one now since Kitty Paddle is pathetically weak and can’t be refined. Personally I’d pick Pent, though. You have more merges on him, and there are many magical tanks that can perform a similar job to Guinevere (OG Micaiah and OG Marianne, for instance, and that’s just among blue units)

6 Likes

Guin is more unique but at +0 today she’s not gonna be surviving a lot.

Pent will always offer unique support and you have more copies of him which would make it worth the extra merge and the new skills.

1 Like

My vote goes to Guinivere because IMO she is great counterpick unit and like the others pointed out tome effectiveness is unique in this game.

Pent has an interesting gimmick but we have a bunch of ways to reduce cooldown now and his support is a bit clunky to use. It’s an unfair comparison but I’d rather put Chrobin or Rafiel on my team than Pent.

4 Likes

Definitely a tough call

1 Like

Wait, I’m curious why you say Guin is more unique, so pls do elaborate. I get that Guin has the incredibly rare mage-effectiveness. But I think that’s a bit offset by the fact that she needs that considering her Atk stat, while serviceable, isn’t the most oppressive (kinda like how Y!Caeda’s omni-effectiveness was dulled by a pitiful 33 Atk).

Furthermore, is Guin’s kit really that more unique than Pent’s? We’re getting closer to 1k units in the game, so I might have missed out on someone, but (as you yourself alluded to) I can’t think of any other support unit in the game that allows for special acceleration of multiple mage units regardless of move type.

2 Likes

Technically, L!Hector, who has a similar pulse effect restricted to “if movement type is less than or equal to 2” which is pretty easy to hit.

3 Likes

There’s also Askr now but TBF he’s still really new.

3 Likes

She’s one of the very few units who is effective against magic tomes. On top of that she’s got a respectable stat spread with good spd, res and atk.

The healing and the cancelation of adaptive damage is the cherry on top.

Pent on the other hand is top tier support for mages (even more if he can get his hands on the new NFU C slot skill from A!Celica). He’s not bad at all either as an offensive unit. Here’s my plan for him (I’ll definitely forma him as I have him at +4)

3 Likes

Pent is useful when next to his allies, so I think that a build like this would be pretty fun to use

3 Likes

You convinced me to go with Pent as I also have him at +4. He is more unique and helpful than Guinivere. Plus Pent superboons in both atk and spd while Guinivere has only in atk

1 Like

Pent is infinitely cooler and tbh that’s the biggest selling point for me.

4 Likes

I have both and on my opinion, Guinivere is better than Pent. I use her more often since she is a great anti tome wall.

2 Likes

Guinivere is the safe choice

But Pent depents on if you have some tome ally who loves a walking time pulse

5 Likes

But what about Guinivere’s low attack. Does it hinder her from getting kills. Just pulled Brave Byleth and she sometimes has a hard time killing some enemies and her attack is