Guzmeria, and a dream

So, new banner came out.
And with my need for a Bug AND Poison type 5★ unit, this is a perfect chance to round things out.
Guzma and Plumeria, oh what seemingly stingy and toxic ha ha ha xd duo! :e7_smugbell:

Having spent 3k, the first 10x didn’t give me anyone of note. Going at it a second time, here’s who showed up:

Yes! First Impression is a strong 1 time move, but a Bug Physical attacker is more than enough for me. All I need is your buddy and I can’t ask for more. :3

Oh. Sure. Dusknoir has been a big help for some team comps, I’ll gladly take this.

Oh! Well if it ain’t one of my very first 5★ and in turn, one of my faves then. They’re strong, and I’m happy I’m 1 copy close to maxing your Sync move, bud. :3

Welp, that’s it for that sesh. Might or might not go for another. I want that Poison type, but not enough to spend many of the hoarded up gems for future amazing banners. :feh_arthurthink:
Who knows…

Anyway, drop your summons below, if you will, gamers! If you pulled. xd

1 Like

I only had 3k gems, pulled a 10x and got nothing. :frowning:

And I be like, why the hell is Liza featured in this event?

2 Likes

Tbh, I wish I had pulled more last minute in Red’s banner. I’m a bit bummed about that still.
Well, you got a while to build up for that banner I forgot the cast of.

Wait, Liza who?

The event about Guzma and Plumeria is another one with those Event Maps. If you use specific pairs in battle to earn Travel Tokens used in those maps, you get more tokens right? Well somehow Liza gets a additional 0.2x boost to Token rewards. Featured in the story of course, but weird pick.

1 Like

Ohhhh. The other half of the twins! Ah, I get it now. Yeah. I forgot about the actual event.
Agreed, little weird. And kinda P2W when both focus units contributes separately. Haha

1 Like

Guzma is pretty solid for coop from how it sounds, especially if you set him up with someone like Leaf so he can get buffs going on First Impression

1 Like

Hmmm. Not quite, unless your coop is a dedicated support (which is not that common, because apparently almost everyone runs strikers on coop. lol), specifically Atk buffer, then I’ll say it’s still more consistent running on solo.
I do not have Leaf, and for the meantime have no means of buffing an ally’s Atk (tho I haven’t really scoured my units thoroughly, yet) so I only rely on Dusknoir’s Dire Hit+. :feh_lucyshrug: (Coz’ apparently I forgot that Guzma’s own buffs are considered moves too. Oh me. xd)

I namedropped Leaf mostly because she can pass her buffs onto whoever she switches to, on top of Evoboost buffs going right to him no problem

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s good. Well that still requires a Leaf and similar units, and that is already a consistency problem. I’m glad I got Guzma but I really wish they didn’t count their own buffs as being a move tho. Seems like a waste, but whatevs. :<

Oh yeah, there was also Phoebe, but she’s also five star…

Still, something to consider as a combo if you see her or Leaf as focuses, or if someone new shows up with a similar skill. Also iirc Phoebe can pass on Atk buffs from Unbreakable Bonds

1 Like

Yeah, I had Dusknoir for quite a while now. They’re alright.
But sure, something to keep a lookout on.
Also, Phoebe can only pass on half the amount of buffs on each stat.
And at that point, if we ever get a coop event that favors Bug-types, I might just use Charizard or even a refresher. Coop isn’t that demanding, tbh. lol
What’s more challenging is that Battle Villa thing, quite frankly. :fgo_rinlaugh:

Don’t even get me started on that
I’m scared to even attempt it, alluring as Lucky Skills seem to be

1 Like

Valid :fgo_pancakeslmao:
I assume you’re relatively new to the game then? Either that or you haven’t been lucky as to get a couple of good 5★s. :feh_eirikathink:
But I think even for peeps like me who aren’t either of that, quite fortunately for the second one, progressing through the Villa is the most challenging mode rn. :feh_ashepeek:
Although, I’ve learned that I have more than enough days left with it even if I clear, like, 2-3 floors on average a day. So I have that going for me. :feh_berniebulli:

Yeah I rerolled my old launch account during the 6 month anniversary and got Phoebe, Leaf, Karen, Elesa (Non-Sygna Suit), Brendan, Kukui, Kris, and Red. I actually got 4 Reds during the event, and grinded enough to max out Oak and Giovanni’s Sync Moves and get Giovanni to 10/20 potential. I’m just trying to save up now and wait for either Gladion (thank goodness he wasn’t in the Guzmeria update), Victini, or Raihan to get added before I go for another set of pulls.

1 Like

Oooohhhh! :feh_nowiwow:
You got some nice ones. Neat.
Only thing I’m jelly about is the copies you have for Red. :feh_maristare:
I think I maxed the free stuff as well, except for Rayquaza which I only got to 19/20. But good on you tho. lmao
I actually don’t have any idea on future stuff, so I’m more excited than average about new units! :D

Nice pulls! :feh_hridexcited:
I’m skipping this banner since I don’t really need either of them, and I can always build up other units if I need Bug or Poison Strikers.
I wish I got more Red copies during his banner, but I was only able to get one copy :catroll:
Still really glad I got him though. He’s absolutely busted & carries in Battle Villa.

1 Like

Thanks! 3 for 6k is nice, indeed. :feh_arvisboneappetite:
I’m still thinking about pulling for more because 1) It sucks having some of their grid skills locked until 2 or more sync levels, because it’d be sick having Pin Missile hit max times if 1st one hits and all that stuff, and; 2) I don’t really use or build lower than 5★s, but I see their potential tho. Crobat and Scoliopede in particular. I just don’t, I mean I do if they’re required, allows for more rewards, or Battle Villa purposes. :fgo_pancakeslmao:
Oh, another person that shares that Red regret. :catroll:
And yes, they’re very fun to use and decently strong. Not to mention that new mechanic that they and SS Elesa had, which is lowering Sync move counter. :pkmn_sphealcool:

1 Like

I had to waste 40 k, and didn´t even get him @.@ Oh RIP my gems. I am really happy that mercy pulls are a thing.

2 Likes

Cynthia banner flashbacks :feh_ohgod:
Oof. I feel you, d00d. That’s really rough, and yeah, like you said, I’m glad that free pick is a thing. Did you acquire some good ones tho? :feh_elisad:
I assume you like these focus units that much, I respecc the decision nonetheless. Nothing pulled, nothing gained. :>

2 Likes

Not really, I got 2 Hilberts. AND KRIS. I always wanted her, so that´s a plus. And Pumeria. But that´s it. I still have 36k gems so I am fine. And I got enough ticket´s to get Barry and Oak to 4*. But I am so damn happy that those free picks are a thing. I do like Team Scull + I had no tickets and it is really hard to get those without summoning. <.<

1 Like